Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Joined : Aug 2015
    Arizona
    Posts : 40
    Windows 10 Professional
       04 Aug 2016 #1

    Windows 10 Anniversary Update


    I have read other threads on this subject and have not found the solution to my problem in them.

    The Windows 10 Anniversary Upgrade Assistant Icon appeared on my desktop. I began the process to update and received the error, SOMETHING WENT WRONG (code 0x80070057).

    Then I took the following steps:

    Did a CC clean of drive. Got same response.
    Did a disk doctor and then tried again. Same response.
    Did SFC/scannow. Got same response.
    Did checkdsk/. Got same response
    Did Windows update diagnostic and got SERVICE REGISTRATION IS MISSING OR CORRUPT.

    What do I do to correct the problem?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jun 2015
    Posts : 31
    Windows 10 Home 64
       04 Aug 2016 #2

    This worked for me. May not solve your issue but worth a try. (see my post)

    "Got it updated. On the MS Forum it seems to have been an issue for lots of users. One work around suggested was to disconnect (immediately) any wifi/ethernet connection when update sticks at 2%. Count to 30 or 40 and re-connect."

    Strangely this worked and update completed.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Jun 2015
    Posts : 31
    Windows 10 Home 64
       04 Aug 2016 #3
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Aug 2015
    Arizona
    Posts : 40
    Windows 10 Professional
       04 Aug 2016 #4

    fergiet said: View Post
    This worked for me. May not solve your issue but worth a try. (see my post)

    "Got it updated. On the MS Forum it seems to have been an issue for lots of users. One work around suggested was to disconnect (immediately) any wifi/ethernet connection when update sticks at 2%. Count to 30 or 40 and re-connect."

    Strangely this worked and update completed.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Thank you for the suggestion. I tried this procedure twice without success. My desktop system appears to require another solution.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jun 2015
    Posts : 31
    Windows 10 Home 64
       04 Aug 2016 #5

    Ok, worth a try. Hope you get it sorted soon.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6.    04 Aug 2016 #6

    carbuff said: View Post
    I have read other threads on this subject and have not found the solution to my problem in them.

    The Windows 10 Anniversary Upgrade Assistant Icon appeared on my desktop. I began the process to update and received the error, SOMETHING WENT WRONG (code 0x80070057).

    Then I took the following steps:

    Did a CC clean of drive. Got same response.
    Did a disk doctor and then tried again. Same response.
    Did SFC/scannow. Got same response.
    Did checkdsk/. Got same response
    Did Windows update diagnostic and got SERVICE REGISTRATION IS MISSING OR CORRUPT.

    What do I do to correct the problem?
    I had problems with the upgrade assistant as well. I downloaded the ISO to a USB drive, uninstall all AV programs, mounted the ISO and then did an in place upgrade. There are tutorials here for doing these steps.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Aug 2015
    Arizona
    Posts : 40
    Windows 10 Professional
       05 Aug 2016 #7

    Success


    I again tried the various solutions I had read and met with the same failure. Then, I found an article that stated that a new Media Creation Tool had been completed brought up to date with the Anniversary Update.

    I downloaded it and started the process. It went quickly and without any problems. The new update has now been installed and seems to be error free.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Aug 2015
    Arizona
    Posts : 40
    Windows 10 Professional
       05 Aug 2016 #8

    After I had success updating my desktop, I attempted to do the same with my Asus K601 and Lenovo T430 laptops. I first tried the Anniversary Icon as I had done on my desktop and met the same failure with both laptops.

    I then downloaded the Media Creation Tool and executed it on both laptops. Both laptops installed the Anniversary Update as did the desktop.

    My conclusion is that the Microsoft notification update process does not work with every system. However, the Media Creation Tool did work with my three systems.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Aug 2016
    Posts : 2
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       05 Aug 2016 #9

    carbuff said: View Post
    After I had success updating my desktop, I attempted to do the same with my Asus K601 and Lenovo T430 laptops. I first tried the Anniversary Icon as I had done on my desktop and met the same failure with both laptops.

    I then downloaded the Media Creation Tool and executed it on both laptops. Both laptops installed the Anniversary Update as did the desktop.

    My conclusion is that the Microsoft notification update process does not work with every system. However, the Media Creation Tool did work with my three systems.

    Wish I had known. Spent moist of yesterday in India with Level 3 support who couldn't fix it. Now level 2 is playing with it. If they throw in the towel will attempt your approach.
    I told her the consensus was that M/S had no official fix and hadn't a clue. It appears that is true.
    DO you have the URL for the tool?
    TIA
    starrin
    Last edited by starrin; 05 Aug 2016 at 15:41. Reason: additional info request
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 192
    Win 10 Home Build 1607 64bit
       05 Aug 2016 #10

    DO you have the URL for the tool?
    Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation - Windows 10 Forums
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
How to get the Windows 10 Anniversary Update
760521668653518849 Source: How to get the Windows 10 Anniversary Update | Windows Experience Blog Download Windows 10 Anniversary ISO (32-bit 3.14 GB) (64-bit=4.07 GB):
Windows 10 News
Windows Update does not download and install the anniversary update.
I am downloading the update manually. Have others had the same issue with windows update not showing the update? I'm not sure my WU is working because of this.
Windows Updates and Activation
First one with windows 10 anniversary update
Who will it be? With no glitches. What time? Where are you located? What do you really notice improved over old 10? If you are a paying customer, did you get your monies worth? Are loading times (software and boot speeds). Add your questions if you...
General Support
Windows 10 Anniversary Update SDK Now Available!
Source: Windows 10 Anniversary Update SDK Now Available! Windows Store Open for Submissions | Building Apps for Windows
Windows 10 News
Solved Windows Anniversary. Is it an Update or an Upgrade ?
I haven't been able to find a definitive answer to this. Many are calling this an 'update', whereas a few are mentioning 'upgrade'. My understanding is that as an 'Update', we have no choice but to install it when released. i.e its just a normal...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:04.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums