Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Sep 2015
    Posts : 215
    Windows 10 Home
       29 Jul 2016 #11

    I don't think that will help. In your first post you said the computer shuts off installing updates. Is that correct? If yes, then when you start the upgrade, do as I said in my other post.

    How are you upgrading to Win10? Through Windows Update or did you download the Windows 10 ISO file and using that.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Sep 2015
    Posts : 63
    windows 10
       29 Jul 2016 #12

    Hi
    I have taken the blue wind 10 icon off now and any mention off windows 10 so I don't have windows 10 at all found.
    Which is the best way do you think of starting again , the laptop just tried to update updates not wind 10 and no joy turned off again .
    I am getting fed up with it myself it should be an easy thing to do .
    I do appreciate your help by the way its just so time consuming .
    I have just found my disc with the media creation tool on it was march 14 so I will try that for now anyhow !




    TrustMe said: View Post
    If you had Windows 10 installed and activated a couple months ago, then there is no deadline. You can reinstall Win10 at any time and it will activate.

    When you start the upgrade, it asks if you want to install updates. Say No, or Skip, or place a check mark in the box that says "Not at this time". I can't remember exactly but don't update at the start. Windows will update itself once the upgrade is finished. That should speed things up. Good luck.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Sep 2015
    Posts : 215
    Windows 10 Home
       29 Jul 2016 #13

    Ok, let us know how that goes, remember not to install updates at the beginning of the upgrade.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Sep 2015
    Posts : 63
    windows 10
       29 Jul 2016 #14

    TrustMe said: View Post
    Ok, let us know how that goes, remember not to install updates at the beginning of the upgrade.
    Hi
    Well took ages got as far as validating then went off again 😣
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Sep 2015
    Posts : 215
    Windows 10 Home
       29 Jul 2016 #15

    If the laptop shuts off upgrading through Windows Update and using the media creation tool, I really don't know what to say. There is one other way to upgrade, but I don't know if the outcome would be any different. Maybe someone else will post a suggestion. If you want to try upgrading using a Windows 10 ISO file, let me know and I will try and help you.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Sep 2015
    Posts : 63
    windows 10
       29 Jul 2016 #16

    Hi

    I think I have nothing to loose if I try the ISO file why not , last chance saloon !!!
    TrustMe said: View Post
    If the laptop shuts off upgrading through Windows Update and using the media creation tool, I really don't know what to say. There is one other way to upgrade, but I don't know if the outcome would be any different. Maybe someone else will post a suggestion. If you want to try upgrading using a Windows 10 ISO file, let me know and I will try and help you.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Sep 2015
    Posts : 215
    Windows 10 Home
       29 Jul 2016 #17

    Ok, the first thing to do is download and install 7-Zip. If your copy of Windows is 64-bit, then download and install the 64-bit version of 7-Zip, same thing if it's 32-bit.

    http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

    Next download the Windows 10 ISO file

    Windows 10 ISO

    Next create a new folder on the Desktop. Name it anything you like. After the Win10 ISO is downloaded, place it in the new folder you just created. Right click on the Win10 ISO. Place the cursor on 7-Zip. A new menu will come up, choose Exract Here. After the files are exracted, double click on Setup.exe to start the upgrade..

    If you have any questions, just ask.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Sep 2015
    Posts : 215
    Windows 10 Home
       29 Jul 2016 #18

    Don't forget, when you start the upgrade, do not install updates. Choose Not Now or Skip. Read each screen carefully.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Sep 2015
    Posts : 63
    windows 10
       29 Jul 2016 #19

    Hi

    How strange I have downloaded the 7_zip no problem , then when I download the ISO file nothing comes in I can't fine the file anywhere .

    TrustMe said: View Post
    Ok, the first thing to do is download and install 7-Zip. If your copy of Windows is 64-bit, then download and install the 64-bit version of 7-Zip, same thing if it's 32-bit.

    http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

    Next download the Windows 10 ISO file

    Windows 10 ISO

    Next create a new folder on the Desktop. Name it anything you like. After the Win10 ISO is downloaded, place it in the new folder you just created. Right click on the Win10 ISO. Place the cursor on 7-Zip. A new menu will come up, choose Exract Here. After the files are exracted, double click on Setup.exe to start the upgrade..

    If you have any questions, just ask.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Sep 2015
    Posts : 215
    Windows 10 Home
       29 Jul 2016 #20

    I just clicked the link, it's working fine for me. Try using a different browser, Chrome or Firefox
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
List Compelling Reasons to upgrade to Upgrade to Windows 10 for Novice
I feel that we as experts on this forum should try and persuade any novices who are not sure about upgrading to Windows 10 should help explain why its good for them to upgrade from earlier versions. So I'll start off: Latest security ...
General Support
re-use of Win7 upgrade dvds after Win10 upgrade
I have some Win 7 upgrade dvds from Microsoft, previously used on pc's that have now been upgraded to Win 10. Q: Can I use a Win 7 upgrade on an old Win XP unit ? Will it be refused as an already used key ? What I am aiming to accomplish is...
General Support
10 upgrade failed, clean installed 7 but now cant upgrade again.
Hi All Had Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit OEM-SLP on HP laptop and got the Get Windows 10 icon a few weeks ago. Reserved copy but as it didnt download i went to Microsoft and downloaded the Media Creation tool to upgrade that way. After install all worked...
Installation and Setup
Windows 10 Upgrade i dont get tray icon windows upgrade
my bro windows 8.1 pro OEM i dont get tray icon windows upgrade i did click windows update still noting to get tray icon windows 10 upgrade
Installation and Setup
W10 Insider Prev upgrade to Win10 full vs of W7/8 upgrade to W10
Read somewhere that the latest Win 10 Insider Prev will be upgrades to Win 10 full when it is released. A good idea to install this sooner rather than upgrading Win 7 / 8.1 to 10?
Windows Insider
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:58.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums