New Guy did a boo boo
The "plan" was to DL 10 and install at a much later date as my PC isnt ready yet for what I want to do.
Unfortunately I got suckered into the nag screen that said I could install later and after the load it tells me I can delay up to 4 days...wow.
One person on another forum said he "heard" that if I refuse to accept the user agreement it will revert back to the original OS ??
What I want to do is add another HD and run 7 Pro 64 on one (been fine for years) and 10 on the other as a clean install. If 10 wipes out my 7 Product Key as many have said I'll switch manually instead of a dual boot.
Define much later date? If you wait until after the 29th to do your install, you will have to buy a license. The free upgrade offer expires on the 29th.
Yes, if you refuse the EULA, the install will stop and it will restore the original OS. Even if you complete the upgrade, you have 30 days where you can do a roll back to the original OS.
I don't know if you'll be able to do that, since the upgrade is supposed to use the Windows 7 license. You may need two licenses to accomplish this.
I wouldn't waste your time with a dual-boot. Use something like Macrium Reflect to make an image of your current install. Then, upgrade to 10 and see how you like it. You could even clean install 10 then for better results. If you still want to roll back, restore the image you created earlier and go on using 7.