I have Windows 8 OEM pre-installled on SSD (hybrid drives: SSD and HDD = 750GB) which comes with the Vaio machine. Few days ago I reset the machine to its factory default setting from 8.1 to 8 (downgrading) due to the corrupted/error files on my HDD because it froze/locked me out - couldn't do anything at all apart from either leaving the auto disk repairing ran for days up to more than a week with no sign of completion OR a fresh clean install, I chose the latter one as I didn't have much time to waste on the system scanning. The only solution was to use "Vaio - Assist" button accessed to the UEFI settings >> F10 >> Reset all. That went well, I had the factory Windows 8, and then download, upgrade, and install all the essential softwares and drivers for Wins 8 and Vaio itself. I then again upgrade from Wins 8 to Wins 8.1 in preparing to upgrading to the Wins 10. Everything went well again from Windows 8.1 upgrading to Windows 10. Problem's occurred when I was about to create a partition for a Windows 10 recovery drive from the internal HDD. It didn't allow me to shrink the C drive in order to make a new partition for Wins 10 recovery drive but was asked me to perform the disk scanning first due to the files corrupted found. I used "chkdsk /f /r", it started to check after the next reboot and got stuck at the 11% for hours and then the system decided to shut itself down completely at that 11%.
When turn on the laptop, the Windows blue screen with sad face welcomes me with this message "Unmountable_boot_volume". It hangs on this screen for a couple of minute and then brings me to this page:
Your PC couldn't start properly.
A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed.
Error code: 0xc0000185
You'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't have any installation media, contact your PC administrator or PC/Device manufacturer.
Press Enter to try again
Press F8 for Startup Settings
Press ESC for UEFI Firmware Settings"
WHAT I DID TRY AND DIDN'T WORK
1. F8 Startup Settings -> All the settings available on this page are not working. Bring me back to the blue screen of sad face loop.
2. ESC for UEFI Firmware Settings -> Start or maintain your system [F10] -> After press F10, also brings me back to the machine restart and blue screen of sad face "Unmountable_boot_volume" loop. (This page on the normal working performance should have presented me with all the Windows tools: Reset, Advanced options with Command prompt, Restore, and etc.)
3. Try recovery from Windows 8 disc (on the Wins 10) -> Disc reading sound for quite some time and then black empty screen. If left the disc inside long enough, it brings back the blue screen of sad face page.
4. Try both UEFI and legacy boot with non seems to work.
MY LIMITATION RESOURCES
1. My only spare computer I have at the moment to download the USB recovery tools from MS is from the college library, where I AM NOT ALLOWED TO INSTALL ANY PROGRAMS on the machine which means I cannot retrieve the USB tools in order to try to fix the laptop.
2. Friends also have limited access on their work PCs/laptops as well.
3. Vaio machine is out of warranty and Sony stopped manufacturing the laptop line, not sure about support but I won't be paying any penny for the recovery disc as I am already have them but not working plus I am not sure whether the HDD is completely gone.
Please anybody attach me the links and/or your answer to fix the laptop from the symptom described above because I cannot install any programs. I have 2 of 8GB USBs at the moment I need:
1. Bootable Windows 10 Pro - 64 bit recovery tool files = All the files that should be in the bootable USB.
2. Full Bootable Windows 10 64 bits international language version files on the USB.
I deeply appreciate all your helps in advance.