Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

  1. Joined : Apr 2016
    Posts : 9
    windows 7 windows 10
       17 Apr 2016 #11

    Bumper said: View Post
    So what, the question has nothing to do with 7 or the legalities, it has to do with if he can with 10, I suggest you read the question, although why anyone would want more than one copy of 10 is beyond me. I doubt MS will be sending out a helicopter and a sniper because he has more than one copy as a duel boot.

    Regards Sir
    Well I have a gaming OS which is games only and an every day OS that the family uses and installs whatever crap they want. So you are suggesting it is not legal to install multiple copies on the one machine? This is really what i'm trying to discover.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,939
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       17 Apr 2016 #12

    slingsrat said: View Post
    Well I have a gaming OS which is games only and an every day OS that the family uses and installs whatever crap they want. So you are suggesting it is not legal to install multiple copies on the one machine? This is really what i'm trying to discover.
    It is only if you have two separate keys for both instillations. Otherwise if you try to use the same upgrade key I doubt it is. The basic EUA says you can only run either say 7 or 10 alone. Using both or two copies of 10 off of the same key would be a violation and I don't know if the second copy would activate.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Apr 2016
    Posts : 9
    windows 7 windows 10
       17 Apr 2016 #13

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    That would mean your using the key from an upgrade.
    When you install/upgrade to 10 you need a valid key from either 8 or 7.1 to be there on the PC. Or to do a clean instillation you need a key to accomplish this.
    Yes, I had an original key for Windows 7 but have now upgraded to 10. If I do a clean win 10 install now I will not be asked for a key. "Digital entitlement is a new method of activation in Windows 10 that doesn't require you to enter a product key"
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Apr 2016
    Posts : 7
    Windows 10
       17 Apr 2016 #14

    slingsrat said: View Post
    Well I have a gaming OS which is games only and an every day OS that the family uses and installs whatever crap they want. So you are suggesting it is not legal to install multiple copies on the one machine? This is really what i'm trying to discover.

    I wouldn't worry mate
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,939
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       17 Apr 2016 #15

    slingsrat said: View Post
    Yes, I had an original key for Windows 7 but have now upgraded to 10. If I do a clean win 10 install now I will not be asked for a key. "Digital entitlement is a new method of activation in Windows 10 that doesn't require you to enter a product key"
    Correct but you can't dual boot 10 and use the same digital entitlement key.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,939
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       17 Apr 2016 #16

    Bumper said: View Post
    I wouldn't worry mate
    It is against the rules to suggest that this is a legitimate use of 10.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Apr 2016
    Posts : 9
    windows 7 windows 10
       17 Apr 2016 #17

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    Correct but you can't dual boot 10 and use the same digital entitlement key.
    Now we are getting somewhere. Where does it say this?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Apr 2016
    Posts : 7
    Windows 10
       17 Apr 2016 #18

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    It is against the rules to suggest that this is a legitimate use of 10.
    The MS servers will say that the hardware is legitimate to run 10.

    Regards Sir
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,939
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       17 Apr 2016 #19

    slingsrat said: View Post
    Now we are getting somewhere. Where does it say this?
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/Uset...10_English.htm
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Apr 2016
    Posts : 9
    windows 7 windows 10
       17 Apr 2016 #20

    Bumper said: View Post
    The MS servers will say that the hardware is legitimate to run 10.

    Regards Sir
    Yes, I wonder if at anytime during the installation of a second copy will I be halted because i'm violating the license agreement.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
pc freezes; task manager shows multiple copies of apps and processies
watching short video when pc froze. baud rate > 25Mbps; checked task manager and found 13 entries for Win Asst Tech, over 20 LibreOffice, 8 libreoffice writer, there were many apps . All copies used negligible cpu and memory. Just froze up again and...
General Support
Solved Receiving multiple copies of some emails
Using Outlook 2016, Windows 10. In the last few days, I've started getting multiple copies of the same email. Not all emails, but most. Some, just two or three. Others, up to a dozen of the same email. I've got four accounts at two different servers...
Browsers and Email
Solved Activating two copies of windows 10 on the same puter
Hi there This has me puzzled I have upgraded to windows 10 from my OEM windows 7, now that went okay, and I understand that I now have Windows10 activated on this machine with a continuation of the OEM licence. I have a Windows7 retail...
Installation and Setup
Dual boot 2 copies of Windows 10
Hi, Is it possible to dual boot 2 copies of Windows 10? I wanted to use one for daily use and one to test insider builds. Will there be any issues with activation if I run two different editions of Windows 10 on one PC. I have a full retail...
Installation and Setup
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:52.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums