Hello, my native language is spanish but I will try to "make to undestand" all thigns that I will write here.
May be there is not the place to log, but is my first time testing the installation to sysprep and image Windows 10 1511 (10586.0), and perhaps help to others.
This log becomes updated but, it's created and started 23-Nov-23015 8:05 am (GMT -5)
- Core i5 4th Gen
- HDD 500GB (2 partitions: SO,Utils & data)
- 8GB RAM
- Asus Impact VII (Used because have: UEFI BIOS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and is Mini-ITX )
- DVD Drive
B. Windows 10 Home Single Language DVD
0. Go offline: I unpluged the LAN cable to prevent Windows Update (I'm a driver paranoid and do not want that). For updates, later I will use "a solution" from WSUS.
0.a I Powered on the computer and insert the Windows 10 DVD installer, then... ok ok, I will not write the obvious....
1. When the installation finish, because the built-in wireless card was detected, the first screen is for connect to a wi-fi net (not the quickstart screen) when pressed the SHIFT+CTRL+F3 keyboard combination to enter in audit mode, an installation error appears. To solve I just cliked on "omit this step" link, and works... I'm on audit mode!!
See: Windows 10 Image - Customize in Audit Mode with Sysprep - Page 25 - Windows 10 Forums Part 1.1 for referals.
2. Next I changed the emphasis color to blue, activated the start, tastk bar, tittle bar (awesooome) etc. color, because I hate the white simple color when focus. This is the personalization step for my preferences, task bar for group items when is full, etc. In Windows Explorer I change the "follow my clicks in tree", show menu always, all files, empty drives... and a lot of thinks like that, shuch the pined links in Start (personalization)
3. Installing the "soft software", that minds apps or utilities, for make windows more powerfull, for example, activate 3.5 .Net Frame work*, install c++ packages, 7-zip, Cmaptools, Filezilla, Opera, Mozilla, Winamp, and etc., etc., etc.
3a. In this step, I use a very special feature: Install the software, then configure. Ej In 7-zip the file association can be set for .iso files, and makes the right click over files a clean context menú using cascade menu, etc. In the browsers I set the home page to Windows 10 Forums ..... ok, really is google, but those are the things I did.
4. Insalling the "Hard Software", or software that may be required a computer restart after installation
*For .Net FrameWork 3.5 activation, insert or mount the DVD of WIndows and run this : Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /All /Source:X:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess (X = DVD Letter)
This will be updated...