I am converting an existing Windows 10 Pro laptop to RAID 0 - and I keep getting to the final boot where it says INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE. What am I doing wrong? The laptop has two 1 TB Samsung 850 SSDs that are identical. Laptop is a HP Zbook 17.
Here are my steps:
1. Made a good System Image of C: drive on separate external SSD drive connected by USB. D: drive didn't have anything on it to be saved.
2. Used Win 10 Pro DVD to delete all partitions/format drives.
3. Went into BIOS and changed from AHCI to RAID, and also to turn on ability to do Control-I to get to Intel RST ROM.
4. Rebooted, did Control-I, created a RAID 0 of the two disks.
5. Rebooted, installed Windows 10 fresh. Verified it would reboot on its own.
6. Rebooted, went into Repair on Windows 10 DVD. Selected external SSD image to do image restore from.
7. Rebooted - verified on Control-I that the RAID 0 array is listed as "bootable"
8. Rebooted - get INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE.
The place it dies - I see the little Windows 10 blue window, and the spinning circle at the bottom - then I get the blue screen with the message.
I think I listed everything I did - what am I missing?