Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1.    07 Sep 2015 #31

    caperjack said: View Post
    ok, I just ran win10 upgrade from a rufus created usb of latest download win10 iso , and I got a new different key compared to the win8.1 ,,and it none of the default keys you have in this post ,,, I think those keys are for the insider preview
    I seem to be getting totally new keys ,just for me ,,,


    unless I totally misunderstood your post
    No. They are not for insider previews. Insider previews from 10240 on are simply the same keys as above. The previews are builds. They are not independent versions of Windows in their own right. There are no "insider" keys now. The only difference between an insider installation and an RTM one is that the user has chosen in Settings to receive insider builds. The only path into the insider program now is to install RTM Windows 10 and then join the insider program.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Mar 2014
    Cape Breton Nova Scotia ,Canada
    Posts : 2,914
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       07 Sep 2015 #32

    NavyLCDR said: View Post
    Respectfully, and I know it's just that you don't have the proper information, but your post is completely erroneous regarding Windows 10 keys.
    1111111111111111111111
    These are the generic product keys that Windows 10 produces when a free upgrade is performed:
    RTM:
    Generic Windows 10 Home TX9XD-98N7V-6WMQ6-BX7FG-H8Q99
    Generic Windows 10 Home Single Language 7HNRX-D7KGG-3K4RQ-4WPJ4-YTDFH
    Generic WIndows 10 Pro VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T
    Generic Windows 10 Enterprise NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43
    .
    the info about the key is incorrect ,those were the keys we got as an insider ,,when I upgrade my version of win8.1home to win10 home I get a new win10 ,that's mine and only mine
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Mar 2014
    Cape Breton Nova Scotia ,Canada
    Posts : 2,914
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       07 Sep 2015 #33

    Cbarnhorst said: View Post
    No. They are not for insider previews. Insider previews from 10240 on are simply the same keys as above. The previews are builds. They are not independent versions of Windows in their own right. There are no "insider" keys now. The only difference between an insider installation and an RTM one is that the user has chosen in Settings to receive insider builds. The only path into the insider program now is to install RTM Windows 10 and then join the insider program.
    this make no sense to me as its not even what iam talking about ,read post #24 ,post is saying that we all get the same generic key when we upgrade to 10 ,, but I think his info is from when we upgrade to the insider preview ,we all had same generic key ,, I'm getting so confused ,I give up and I'm going to bed ,lol

    fyi-
    I'm still using my original insider preview as my main daily computer , and its not an upgrade ,its a clean/fresh install ,and it now build 10525
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 6,879
    Windows 10 Pro
       07 Sep 2015 #34

    caperjack said: View Post
    ok, I just ran win10 upgrade from a rufus created usb of latest download win10 iso , and I got a new different key compared to the win8.1 ,,and it none of the default keys you have in this post ,,, I think those keys are for the insider preview
    I seem to be getting totally new keys ,just for me ,,,


    unless I totally misunderstood your post
    I was mistaken. The correct generic keys resulting from Windows upgrades are:

    Generic Windows 10 Home YTMG3-N6DKC-DKB77-7M9GH-8HVX7
    Generic Windows 10 Home Single Language BT79Q-G7N6G-PGBYW-4YWX6-6F4BT
    Generic WIndows 10 Pro VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T
    Generic Windows 10 Enterprise QJNXR-7D97Q-K7WH4-RYWQ8-6MT6

    So, I'll bet you a doughnut you got one of those.

    caperjack said: View Post
    the info about the key is incorrect ,those were the keys we got as an insider ,,when I upgrade my version of win8.1home to win10 home I get a new win10 ,that's mine and only mine
    I'll bet your mine and only mine key is one of the above....
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Sep 2015
    Posts : 3
    Win 10
       08 Sep 2015 #35

    Hi All
    I would like to upgrade my wife's comp from win 10 32bit to win 10 64bit.
    I have created the 64bit install on a USB drive with the media creation tool.
    What next ??
    It obviously wont install from within windows.
    Thanks
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Mar 2014
    Cape Breton Nova Scotia ,Canada
    Posts : 2,914
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       08 Sep 2015 #36

    NavyLCDR said: View Post
    I was mistaken. The correct generic keys resulting from Windows upgrades are:

    Generic Windows 10 Home YTMG3-N6DKC-DKB77-7M9GH-8HVX7
    Generic Windows 10 Home Single Language BT79Q-G7N6G-PGBYW-4YWX6-6F4BT
    Generic WIndows 10 Pro VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T
    Generic Windows 10 Enterprise QJNXR-7D97Q-K7WH4-RYWQ8-6MT6

    So, I'll bet you a doughnut you got one of those.



    I'll bet your mine and only mine key is one of the above....
    guess I owe you a doughnut ,,,
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 610
    W10
       08 Sep 2015 #37

    Pendragon said: View Post
    Hi All
    I would like to upgrade my wife's comp from win 10 32bit to win 10 64bit.
    I have created the 64bit install on a USB drive with the media creation tool.
    What next ??
    It obviously wont install from within windows.
    That is correct. You have to do a clean installation, which you can start by booting from the USB drive. This clean installation will remove everything you have on the according drive. Meaning: You will have to re-install all drivers and all programs in Windows 10 64 bit. Make sure that you have everything you need; e.g. current driver versions from the websites of the manufacturers.

    It is also not wrong to create a backup of the content of other drives, which you might have inside that PC.

    Here is a complete guide:
    How to Switch from 32 bit versions of Windows to Windows 10 64 - Microsoft Community
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Sep 2015
    Posts : 3
    Win 10
       08 Sep 2015 #38

    Thanks for that.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 10
    Windows 10
       08 Sep 2015 #39

    Dear All,

    Can I clarify that once I upgraded my 32-bit Windows 7 to 32-bit Windows 10 and activated it successfully, I can remove the partition to install 64-bit Windows 10 without asking for a product key. Microsoft has marked my machine as a qualified one to allow me to re-install either 32-bit or 64-bit Windows 10 as many times as I like.

    Do not tell me where the marking is located and I have no interest in knowing it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,934
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       08 Sep 2015 #40

    ScottXe said: View Post
    Dear All,

    Can I clarify that once I upgraded my 32-bit Windows 7 to 32-bit Windows 10 and activated it successfully, I can remove the partition to install 64-bit Windows 10 without asking for a product key. Microsoft has marked my machine as a qualified one to allow me to re-install either 32-bit or 64-bit Windows 10 as many times as I like.

    Do not tell me where the marking is located and I have no interest in knowing it.
    Yes,, you can perform a clean instillation of either 32/64bit of Win10 as many times as you like without having to enter any key.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
List Compelling Reasons to upgrade to Upgrade to Windows 10 for Novice
I feel that we as experts on this forum should try and persuade any novices who are not sure about upgrading to Windows 10 should help explain why its good for them to upgrade from earlier versions. So I'll start off: Latest security ...
General Support
re-use of Win7 upgrade dvds after Win10 upgrade
I have some Win 7 upgrade dvds from Microsoft, previously used on pc's that have now been upgraded to Win 10. Q: Can I use a Win 7 upgrade on an old Win XP unit ? Will it be refused as an already used key ? What I am aiming to accomplish is...
General Support
10 upgrade failed, clean installed 7 but now cant upgrade again.
Hi All Had Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit OEM-SLP on HP laptop and got the Get Windows 10 icon a few weeks ago. Reserved copy but as it didnt download i went to Microsoft and downloaded the Media Creation tool to upgrade that way. After install all worked...
Installation and Setup
Windows 10 Upgrade i dont get tray icon windows upgrade
my bro windows 8.1 pro OEM i dont get tray icon windows upgrade i did click windows update still noting to get tray icon windows 10 upgrade
Installation and Setup
W10 Insider Prev upgrade to Win10 full vs of W7/8 upgrade to W10
Read somewhere that the latest Win 10 Insider Prev will be upgrades to Win 10 full when it is released. A good idea to install this sooner rather than upgrading Win 7 / 8.1 to 10?
Windows Insider
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:51.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums