Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

  1. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 5
    Most of them
       22 Aug 2015 #21

    Wojtas66 said: View Post
    I have just tried your solution (from the video). It didn't worked for me - after first reboot during instalation W10 hangs in known place.

    PS. I didn't remove the wifi card from the motherboard.

    Wojtek
    Interesting. I had to completely power off the laptop - have noticed it works best if left for a few seconds before powering straight back on as well, had a couple occurrences where it failed after quickly powering off and back on.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 1
    Windows 7
       22 Aug 2015 #22

    Doing as in the video doesn't work for me. Still hangs at the Windows logo
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 23
    Windows 10
       22 Aug 2015 #23

    seems to be a problem affecting most Samsung laptops from 2011, all the forums i have read point to the type of wireless adapter Samsung used which caused the bug.

    Not sure if Samsung have updated their bios yet to solve this..
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 22
    Win10 (upgrade from Win7)
       28 Sep 2015 #24

    I've just done what other threads are saying and invested in a replacement wifi card (Atheros AR5B225 AR9485WB 6 from eBay) and this was clearly the issue!

    Windows 10 is installing with no problems now !!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Sep 2015
    Posts : 1
    windows 7
       28 Sep 2015 #25

    geoffers said: View Post
    I've just done what other threads are saying and invested in a replacement wifi card (Atheros AR5B225 AR9485WB 6 from eBay) and this was clearly the issue!

    Windows 10 is installing with no problems now !!
    Hi - I've just ordered a card of eBay, fingers crossed this does the trick. Is it easy enough to install?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 22
    Win10 (upgrade from Win7)
       28 Sep 2015 #26

    jonathanh said: View Post
    Hi - I've just ordered a card of eBay, fingers crossed this does the trick. Is it easy enough to install?
    Yes, pretty simple & quick.
    1. Unscrew memory/disc panel and remove HDD - remove battery too.
    2.Remove single screw and CD drive slides out
    3 Remove all screws from back panel and carefully pry all round (make sure you've removed the little blank SD dummy at the front)
    4. Remove the white/black antenna leads and 2 screws from WiFi card, then reinstall everything.
    5 Start windows whilst connected to Ethernet cable and it should download the drivers automatically (takes a while - mine initially seemed to have some driver installation failure warnings but rebooted and was all OK) - you can also download drivers from the manufacturers website which would probably speed up the installation process.
    Then when everything's up and running, restart the W10 update
    Last edited by geoffers; 29 Sep 2015 at 00:54. Reason: additional info
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Nov 2015
    Posts : 1
    Windows 10 Pro
       03 Nov 2015 #27

    Works but with a snag on Q330


    geoffers said: View Post
    Yes, pretty simple & quick.
    1. Unscrew memory/disc panel and remove HDD - remove battery too.
    2.Remove single screw and CD drive slides out
    3 Remove all screws from back panel and carefully pry all round (make sure you've removed the little blank SD dummy at the front)
    4. Remove the white/black antenna leads and 2 screws from WiFi card, then reinstall everything.
    5 Start windows whilst connected to Ethernet cable and it should download the drivers automatically (takes a while - mine initially seemed to have some driver installation failure warnings but rebooted and was all OK) - you can also download drivers from the manufacturers website which would probably speed up the installation process.
    Then when everything's up and running, restart the W10 update
    This works for me but there is a snag, soft reboots result in the same hung state. I managed to get drivers and device functioning which required:

    Clean install without the card connected
    Full windows update via LAN
    Shutdown and power off (sucky egg time)
    Followed by reconnecting the card

    This results in the card showing as available and working but if will not switch on through WiFi. Next install updated drivers by:

    Network and Sharing Center
    Change Adapter Settings
    Properties of WiFi
    Configure
    Driver
    Update Driver and follow prompts

    Once installed the device functioned after a full shutdown (power off) and start up.

    IMPORTANT - Soft Reboot/Windows Retart WILL result in hung state. Only full power off and on results in flawelss functionality. If you install W10 via SDD this is not an issue as 10 seconds is not too much to ask and a hung state can be remedied by pressing and holding power button and cylcing for a full startup without corruption. I can only put this down to Fastboot which cannot be disabled on the Q330 via UEFI/BIOS (F2).

    Hope this helps
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Jan 2016
    Posts : 2
    Windows 7 32 bit
       08 Jan 2016 #28

    Hello everyone,
    and many thanks to all contributors to this thread - reading it I've learnt a lot about upgrading to Win 10 (I am facing the same failed upgrade issue).

    Here is my question/problem:
    I would like to upgrade my laptop (Samsung NP-Q330; 4GB RAM; Win 7 Home Premium 32-bit) by increasing the memory to 8GB and replacing the old hard drive with SSD, which means additional cost of RAM&SSD plus having the hassle to convert to 64 bit (I assume the CPU runs it) - in your opinion, is this worth (or should I rather keep it as is for a while and then invest in a new laptop)?

    I understand changing my Win 7 32 bit to 64 bit requires a clean install (which, to make financial sense, could be either Win 7 64 bit or going via upgrade to Win 10 32 bit first and then having a clean install of Win 10 64 bit); please correct me if I am wrong, and please redirect to a more appropriate thread if this Q330 upgrade issue is not relevant here.

    Many thanks, and best wishes everyone for 2016
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 22
    Win10 (upgrade from Win7)
       08 Jan 2016 #29

    Hi Genbuk,
    Can't comment on your upgrade to 64 bit, but I've upgraded to 240G SSD and it's like a new machine, so well worth doing without having to go through the hassle of clean install then reinstalling all your software
    Last edited by geoffers; 08 Jan 2016 at 09:14. Reason: typo
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Jan 2016
    Posts : 2
    Windows 7 32 bit
       08 Jan 2016 #30

    geoffers said: View Post
    Hi Genbuk,
    Can't comment on your upgrade to 64 bit, but I've upgraded to 240G SSD and it's like a new machine, so well worth doing without having to go through the hassle of clean install then reinstalling all your software
    Hi Geoffers, thanks for your reply, have you changed to SSD before the Win 10 upgrade?

    Any advice with regards to the SSD selection (there seem to be so much choice out there)?

    Thanks,
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
My windows 10 failed to upgrade
I am now getting a new error. The error i am now getting is error C1420127 windows 10 now installs almost but towards the end it stops and says error and then when i go to look at it that is what the error is. Thanks for any help or tips
Installation and Setup
Solved Windows 10 upgrade failed
Background: I have 3 PCs to upgrade and 512kbps internet so I decided it would be best to use the Windows 10 USB upgrade tool. After making the upgrade USB tried to upgrade my 1st PC by doing a clean install by booting from the USB, hoping it...
Installation and Setup
Solved Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro Failed
I have 4 failures in my update history... why?
Installation and Setup
Solved upgrade to windows 10 pro failed
upgrade to windows 10 pro failed on my win 7 ultimate desktop this has happened 14 times over last 2 days anyone else having this problem 26757
Installation and Setup
Indtallation failed with 0xC1900101-0x30017, DP500A2D Samsung AIO.
I am running Samsung Series 5 AIO DP500A2D-K01UB PC running Winows 10 TP build 9841. I could not install lastest Windows 10 TP build 9926. Upgrading itself appeared to work fine. Upon reboot, I had no display after setting up 100%. After several...
Installation and Setup
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:58.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums