1. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 18
    8.1
       03 Aug 2015 #1

    Windows 10 fails to upgrade.


    Have followed instructions & downloaded upgrade only to find every time it gets to 32% it fails & will not go any further, have done this four times outcome always the same can someone help I have 74gb of hard drive free so there should be enough to accommodate the upgrade.

    Tas Devil.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 53
    windows 10 pro Build 10240 x86
       03 Aug 2015 #2

    Tas Devil said: View Post
    Have followed instructions & downloaded upgrade only to find every time it gets to 32% it fails & will not go any further, have done this four times outcome always the same can someone help I have 74gb of hard drive free so there should be enough to accommodate the upgrade.

    Tas Devil.
    your hard drive is fine !! its happens some peoples !!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Apr 2014
    Space coast of Florida
    Posts : 4,334
    Windows 10 Pro X64 14393.576
       03 Aug 2015 #3

    How are you doing the upgrade? Using MediaCreationTool or via the Get Windows 10 icon or Windows Update?

    Disconnect everything except you mouse, keyboard and display.

    I suggest use MCT to create a ISO then simply mount the ISO by right clicking on it and selecting Mount,then run setup.exe from the mounted ISO. You could also have MCT create a flash drive for you then run setup.exe from it under 8.1.

    Disable your anti-virus and any theme enhancements including Classic Shell, Start8 and any other Stardock software.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 18
    8.1
       03 Aug 2015 #4

    Ztruker said: View Post
    How are you doing the upgrade? Using MediaCreationTool or via the Get Windows 10 icon or Windows Update?

    Disconnect everything except you mouse, keyboard and display.

    I suggest use MCT to create a ISO then simply mount the ISO by right clicking on it and selecting Mount,then run setup.exe from the mounted ISO. You could also have MCT create a flash drive for you then run setup.exe from it under 8.1.

    Disable your anti-virus and any theme enhancements including Classic Shell, Start8 and any other Stardock software.
    Thank you will try all you have suggested am getting very frustrated.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 18
    8.1
       04 Aug 2015 #5

    Have tried everything you have suggested the last time it came up with system failed at first boot phase with an error during system prep I presume this is probably when everything I closed fired up again, if this is the way Microsoft want to invite you to windows 10 Ubantu is looking very inviting, I have wasted two days on this upgrade it is a complete joke.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 18
    8.1
       06 Aug 2015 #6

    Windows 10 faulty upgrade.


    Well I don't know what to say have followed all suggestions used MCT both with disk & mounting it to virtual disk, turned off external Hard drive shut down virus checker & windows defender deleted shell, but I am not dismantling computer to disconect DVD as somone has suggested, by the way have also used the windows upgrade tool nothing works 0xc1900101-0x30081 keeps coming up at 32% of upgrade does the files & 6% of drivers then stops.
    All the forums say the same thing no one seems to be having any joy can anybody explain why when it downloads the upgrade it has to keep downloading time & time again.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 18
    8.1
       07 Aug 2015 #7

    Windows 10 upgrade.


    Well God bless Microsoft I now have Windows 10 was in the process of downloading & burning new ISO in English us as the uk one did not work accidently clicked on windows app while setting up game on wife's old xp m/c like I am an old fart in my 70's & thought bugger it I am busy guess what it went all the way through & set up, this was without stopping anything virus checkers & everything was running Microsoft has done something to rectify the problem note all your programs are now listed as apps you will find them when you left click on the windows start icon left hand side bottom.
    Give it another try hope you succeed.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 2
    windows 7
       13 Aug 2015 #8

    Hi all, I am having a similar problem, Currently running windows 7 SP1, Windows fails at 32% while installing drivers. Have tried the install tools and also ISO installation, neither are working, stuck in the same place every time. Any suggestions??

    Thanks
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 18
    8.1
       13 Aug 2015 #9

    What are you running a laptop or desktop I only had trouble with my desktop the laptop loads no problems at all then when I could not get the wifes radio station to run the same as win 7 I had to roll it back can't live with them if they are not happy.
    The windows app at the bottom right hand corner of the task bar is where I finally downloaded it from give it a try.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 2
    windows 7
       14 Aug 2015 #10

    Windows 10


    Tas Devil said: View Post
    What are you running a laptop or desktop I only had trouble with my desktop the laptop loads no problems at all then when I could not get the wifes radio station to run the same as win 7 I had to roll it back can't live with them if they are not happy.
    The windows app at the bottom right hand corner of the task bar is where I finally downloaded it from give it a try.
    Hey Taz,

    I am on a Toshiba Laptop, 2GB Ram 124 GB of hard drive space left. I have tried removing my MacAfee and Malware bytes
    no change.

    Thanks

    Ken
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Upgrade fails at 38% configure devices
I have made 3 attempts at upgrading my Toshiba Satellite notebook from Windows 7 home premium to windows 10. Have tried both the upgrade sent via the Microsoft message and using the media creation tool. All 3 times it stopped in configuring...
Installation and Setup
Solved how to make windows 10 work after multiple upgrade fails
How to make windows 10 work!!!! i tried everything command prompt, del softwaredistribution/download, del $win nothing worked Then i tried the microsoft media creation tool when you run it on upgrade and there is a program blocking it it tells you...
Installation and Setup
Upgrade from Windows 8.1 always fails at 22 percent completed
Hi guys, My installation of Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 always fails at the 22% mark. This has happened about 6-7 times. I've tried deleting the items in the download folder, as well as the setupprep.exe in the Windows WS folder. I'm using the...
Installation and Setup
Upgrade from Win 7 to 10 fails with no error
Hi guys I have been trying to upgrade 7pro for a day or so with no luck. First of all I tried the 'get windows 10 app' this tells me a update (KB2952664) is not installed. It was showing as failed in my update long but has since installed ok....
Installation and Setup
Windows 10 Upgrade (8.1 to 10) fails at copying files (23%)
Hi, I tried updating my Win8.1 to Win10 twice. The first time, it hung at 26% total, 89% copying files. Then it bricked my system completely so I made a clean install of Windows 8.1. There was nothing else installed than Windows & Updates....
Installation and Setup
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:34.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums