Windows 10: Where monitor input settings-issue with waking up after sleep

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

  1. Posts : 5,965
    Windows 10 Pro Build 1709
       07 Dec 2017 #21

    Here is link.

    Not sure what happen Wynona.

    https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers...tor-pc/3658082

    Now the exe states it is for the supported O/S's. 10 is not a supported OS for this box. You are looking at V01.60.

    Before executing would you happen to have your 7 recovery disks and a spare HDD?

    On the display adapter do you have an ATI or AMD graphic sticker on front of box. Really strange that site lists it but you don't have it.

    Did you have a chance to run the experiment, setting drive back and then when it won't wake unplugging monitor?

    Please be aware there is risk associated with updating BIOS and we all want this to go well. Please don't rush.


    Ken
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    07 Dec 2017 #22

    After reading all the steps and warnings

    Knowing I have no recovery discs etc..

    I will pass

    Thank you

    I told drive to go to sleep- but I locked up running chrome last need and just powered off

    I will test and post in future
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 5,965
    Windows 10 Pro Build 1709
       07 Dec 2017 #23

    Okay. While the warnings are real, they have to be worded strong. I understand your position.

    Pretty sure we can get Win 7 if at some point you want to pursue.

    How about the ATI / AMD label on box?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    07 Dec 2017 #24

    Caledon Ken said: View Post
    Okay. While the warnings are real, they have to be worded strong. I understand your position.

    Pretty sure we can get Win 7 if at some point you want to pursue.

    How about the ATI / AMD label on box?
    I am lost:

    1 "Pretty sure we can get Win 7 if at some point you want to pursue."
    - I am on windows 10, so I do not know what reference to Windows 7 is about

    2 "How about the ATI / AMD label on box?"
    - I do not understand what that means either. Is the "box" the CPU?
    - what am I looking for?

    NOW THE GOOD NEWS:

    A unplug, replug of monitor- ZERO CHANGE
    B unplug replug USB cord for Iphone- ZERO CHANGE
    C Plug in a USB Memory stick- BINGO

    Its alive !!

    And if it stays working- a lot easier resolve
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 18,829
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17083
       07 Dec 2017 #25

    Caledon Ken said: View Post
    Here is link.

    Not sure what happen Wynona.

    https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers...tor-pc/3658082

    Now the exe states it is for the supported O/S's. 10 is not a supported OS for this box. You are looking at V01.60.

    Before executing would you happen to have your 7 recovery disks and a spare HDD?

    On the display adapter do you have an ATI or AMD graphic sticker on front of box. Really strange that site lists it but you don't have it.

    Did you have a chance to run the experiment, setting drive back and then when it won't wake unplugging monitor?

    Please be aware there is risk associated with updating BIOS and we all want this to go well. Please don't rush.


    Ken
    Are we talking about the same thing, Ken? I wanted him to look for a BIOS update.

    Wynona said:
    You have to update BIOS from HP. Go here and search for BIOS Update for your computer:

    HP Compaq dc5800 Small Form Factor PC | HP® Customer Support

    It will want you to sign in, or I would have given you a link.
    Am I understanding you correctly in that updating the BIOS for this box is OS specific?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 18,829
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17083
       07 Dec 2017 #26

    browntbdd said: View Post
    I am lost:

    1 "Pretty sure we can get Win 7 if at some point you want to pursue."
    - I am on windows 10, so I do not know what reference to Windows 7 is about
    From what I saw on the HP site about your system, I believe it came with either Vista or (most likely) Windows 7; thus the reference to Windows 7. I'm pretty sure that's what HP and/or Ken are referring to.

    browntbdd said: View Post
    2 "How about the ATI / AMD label on box?"
    - I do not understand what that means either. Is the "box" the CPU?
    - what am I looking for?
    The "box" is the case that holds the guts of your computer. The CPU is the Central Processing Unit (the brain) of your computer and is located on the motherboard. HP and most other manufacturers put labels on the case so the end user can easily identify it. I just have to look at the side of my case to tell that I have an HP Pavilion 500-056 PC. You should have a similar label on yours. A little sticker (logo) on the front identifies mine as having an AMD processor (CPU) and that it's an HP. If you don't find a label on the side of your computer, look on the back where all the cables are attached. There should be a label with the Model Number and Serial Number.

    browntbdd said: View Post
    NOW THE GOOD NEWS:

    A unplug, replug of monitor- ZERO CHANGE
    B unplug replug USB cord for Iphone- ZERO CHANGE
    C Plug in a USB Memory stick- BINGO

    Its alive !!

    And if it stays working- a lot easier resolve
    Are you saying you got things to work simply by plugging in a USB stick? If that's what I read, it's a first for me!

    Good luck on keeping it going.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 5,965
    Windows 10 Pro Build 1709
       07 Dec 2017 #27

    Yes the reference to 7 was because HP said the exe was meant for supported OS's and this box did not come with 10.

    Yes as Wynona described, look for a little sticker that boosts what is inside. Intel and the graphic suppliers stick them on there to advertise.

    The link I provided had drivers, bios and others. The BIOS was v01.60

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	15.6 KB 
ID:	167205
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Related Threads
PC turns on from mouse key or keyboard key , monitor's green power light is on but screen dark. -Have jiggled power cord to pc, both ends of monitor's cable to pc but nothing happens. -Have checked both keyboard and mouse hardware settings and...
Solved Monitor waking from sleep in Performance & Maintenance
I have my settings configured so my monitor will go to sleep. It goes to sleep but then immediately wakes back up. Looking to see what is waking it shows unknown? 115652 Any idea on what is causing it to wake up? I think it's the new monitor...
HI I have noticed on two occasions now when I wake the notebook from sleep the mouse pointer stays over the left hand lower corner and the menus keep flashing up as if it is pressing the button but the pointer/trackpad is unresponsive... after...
Every time I wake up my pc, all my desktop shortcuts have dissapeared and all my running apps show they are still running. However whenever I click on that app on the task bar, that app never opens. Any advice. All my graphics drivers are up to...
Hi. I have a dual-monitor setup and one of my monitors won't wake after sleep or after the screen turns off. I recently upgrading to Windows 10. All my drivers are updated. The monitor works completely fine before the screen turns off. The screen is...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:23.
Find Us