FPS Droping After 1 Minute of Gameplay


  1. Posts : 4
    windows 10
       #1

    FPS Droping After 1 Minute of Gameplay


    Hey there as i told u in the title that is the probllem

    I open Dota 2 and i have 80+ FPS after some minutes of play it drops back to 60 sometimes 50 ive been watching gpu core and when i open game it runs with 1135~mhz and after 1 min it drops down to 600~mhz as u can see in the picture bellow i market the gpu core with 2 black lines to see how it drops

    i cant figure out the problem anyone know anything about this?

    I also can boost up that gpu core when i alt+tab the game and when i come back to game i still have high fps after a minute it drops again

    FPS Droping After 1 Minute of Gameplay-wqeertrtyu.jpg
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 26,388
    Win11 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #2

    Dota 2 is a CPU heavy game and your Package core temp looks pretty high, so I would guess the CPU is throttling(GPU looks pretty warm too).

    So, we know this game is not graphics-bound on most 3D solutions. Does it respond to differences in CPU performance, though? In order to check, we maintained our highest detail settings and dropped the resolution to 1680x1050.*

    Results: CPU Benchmarks - Dota 2 Performance, Benchmarked
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 430
    Win 10
       #3

    Ive seen this before in dota low fps and low gpu usage , what if you goto nvidia control panel , manage 3d settings , program settings , find DOTA and under "power management mode" select "prefer maximum performance" then apply. this should force your gpu to stay in 3d mode and not down clock
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 4
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #4

    Cliff S said:
    Dota 2 is a CPU heavy game and your Package core temp looks pretty high, so I would guess the CPU is throttling(GPU looks pretty warm too).


    Results: CPU Benchmarks - Dota 2 Performance, Benchmarked
    hi there thank you for your answer as i can figure it out i did windowed dota game and when i lower the resolution i have higher fps. also when i was on windowed mode my cpu was not working on highest level it was droping to 2.4 not allways 3.2 as u see in the picture and if im full exclusive screen when i alt+tab the game i get back higher fps after a min it drops again lower
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 4
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Archie123 said:
    Ive seen this before in dota low fps and low gpu usage , what if you goto nvidia control panel , manage 3d settings , program settings , find DOTA and under "power management mode" select "prefer maximum performance" then apply. this should force your gpu to stay in 3d mode and not down clock

    i have ested that but still doesnt help
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 2,310
    Windows 10
       #6

    The CPU is overheating and clocking down. It is designed to do that.
    You can fiddle with power settings but ultimately it will protect itself and clock down.
    The cooling may not have been suitably designed, or assembled badly, or it has deteriorated over time.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 366
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #7

    That is indeed a high temp, but should it start going into thermal protection that soon? The max temp for that CPU is 100C, at which point it would go into thermal shutdown. I guess it may be different because it is a mobile CPU rather than a desktop.
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 4
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #8

    Helmut said:
    The CPU is overheating and clocking down. It is designed to do that.
    You can fiddle with power settings but ultimately it will protect itself and clock down.
    The cooling may not have been suitably designed, or assembled badly, or it has deteriorated over time.
    allright as i read here and there i have to try with a cooling pad and see the result abyway thaknk you all ill let u know know wfter i buy my colling pad
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:49.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums