New AMD Radeon Crimson 16.11.4 hotfix available. See first post for more details.
New AMD Radeon Crimson 16.11.5 hotfix available. See first post for more details.
New AMD Radeon Crimson 16.12.1 ReLive edition available. See first post for more details.
I came to a routine now that every time the Windows 10 Update process screws up my dual-screen display with my ThinkPad T500 sitting on its mini ducking station, I will have to do the following:
(1) When the update process leaves just one working display, turn off the system: when the T500 sits on the ducking station, the ATI video card is identified as a failed Express PCI port (for reasons I don't know).
(2) Unduck the T500 laptop and powers it on. The Device Manager will show a disabled ATI card with a yellow warning sign on its driver.
(3) Uninstall the driver and check the little box to delete its sources; turn off the T500.
(4) Restart the T500 and use Device Manager to check the install status of the ATI deriver. Some times it takes several rounds (step 3 and 4) to get the ATI driver installed properly; turn off the T500.
(5) Put the T500 back to its ducking station and turn it on. In most cases, the dual-screen displays come back properly. Otherwise, try steps 3 and 4 again.
I have never had any success to fix this with the T500 sitting on the ducking station, because it always identifies the missing ATI video card as a failed Express PCI port.
This has been the routine in the past many months. Hope someone at Microsoft is smart enough to fix this - the reloaded ATI driver is the same one all these times!
16.12.1 - wow, an excellent driver..!!
New AMD Radeon Crimson 16.12.2 ReLive edition available. See first post for more details.
Are these mainly updates for latest games and not actual drivers? If so, I am going to stop installing themes they cause problems.
In my case with a ThinkPad T500 laptop installed with Windows 10 Pro (64-bit), I have been using the Windows 7 (64-bit) switchable display driver. A Windows 10 Pro update would initially mark the ATI driver being stopped from loading. I then would go through the outlined steps in my early notes until the same driver being recognized and the two switchable drivers are loaded correctly. I have no experience with games.
Desktop But mine is desktop model, APU and laptop may differ.
P.S. page is down. doesn't open from anywhere.
Release notes on driver:
Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.2 Release Notes
Last edited by CountMike; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:59.