Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : May 2015
    Posts : 125
    Windows 10
       08 Sep 2016 #331

    Tom886 said: View Post
    It means a lot, it's difference between getting the driver installed smoothly or have it installed by turning off Driver Signature every time when reboot.
    Especially with x64 systems.

    Cheers
    Tom
    WHQL has nothing to do with driver signature, that falls on the digital certificate included with the driver. The only time something like what you're referring to should happen is if you install a modded driver that breaks the digital signature. That or the manufacturer was sloppy and forgot to include/update the digital certificate.

    Also for what it's worth the new 16.9.1 despite being a hotfix driver is in fact WHQL, at least according to dxdiag ojn my system.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4
    Windows 7
       08 Sep 2016 #332

    Hi , I have Ultra 7 windows 10 64 bit laptop , upgraded from windows 8.1 , but I can no longer swap between the 2 graphic chipsets , gaming is no good on intel , the graphics on the samsung is 8500m series , the intel is Intel 4000.

    One thing that that is not installed , is the catalyst control centre , I presume this is due to Windows 10 installing the drivers .

    I tried to install the px profile changer direct from Samsung , it refused to install that is the program Samsung use to switch between the 2 chipsets.

    Device manager currently shows both graphics chipsets drivers are installed

    Intel hd graphics 4000 , driver version 10.18.10.4242 , which is the same that samsung offer on there website.

    Radeon , showing driver version 15.200.1065.0

    I tried the auto-detect from AMD site and also picking the correct drivers but each time I tried to install the latest drivers for AMD it simply locks up at the same point at 42 percent , windows 10 then has to be rebooted....

    I would really like to do some gaming on my laptop .

    Advice and help please , I'm happy to offer as many details as people may require to help me further.

    Laptop model number :- np740u3e-s04uk

    I would be equally happy to use a older version of the AMD drivers , just to ensure I can switch between the 2 graphics chipsets....

    Would downloading the latest drivers and just installing the catalyst control centre be of any use ? I am hoping the catalyst control centre might enable me to switch between intel and radeon!

    TYI
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Mar 2015
    Posts : 1,076
    Win10 Pro Build 15002rs_prerelease 170102-1700
       08 Sep 2016 #333

    - are you sure that you are downloading the correct driver?
    - this review says you have 8350M series graphics card inside..?
    Samsung Series 7 Ultra review - Review - PC Advisor
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4
    Windows 7
       08 Sep 2016 #334

    BugMeister said: View Post
    - are you sure that you are downloading the correct driver?
    - this review says you have 8350M series graphics card inside..?
    Samsung Series 7 Ultra review - Review - PC Advisor
    hi , yes its a 8500m , it is already installed and showing in the device manager , version 15.200.1065.0 my version of the laptop is the uk 04 version with slightly better graphics chipset.

    I basically just need the software that enables me to switch between the two chipsets intel and radeon , so that i can game

    I did try to do the auto identify via amd website , but there drivers do not work with the samsung laptop

    i'm told ccc , or cnext but how do i find a version that is compatible with version 15.200.1065.0 , as the samsung laptop will not use the latest downloads from AMD website
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jun 2015
    UK
    Posts : 1,312
    Windows 10 Home x64 (Laptop), Windows 10 Pro x64 (Desktop)
       09 Sep 2016 #335

    stormy13 said: View Post
    WHQL has nothing to do with driver signature, that falls on the digital certificate included with the driver. The only time something like what you're referring to should happen is if you install a modded driver that breaks the digital signature. That or the manufacturer was sloppy and forgot to include/update the digital certificate.

    Also for what it's worth the new 16.9.1 despite being a hotfix driver is in fact WHQL, at least according to dxdiag ojn my system.
    If the driver is WHQL why is the filename non-whql-win10-64bit-radeon-software-crimson-16.9.1-sep7.exe ?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 6,941
    All kinds
       09 Sep 2016 #336

    Steve C said: View Post
    If the driver is WHQL why is the filename non-whql-win10-64bit-radeon-software-crimson-16.9.1-sep7.exe ?
    It's just a hotfix, changelog is in the first post. No reason to do it if none of changelog doesn't apply to your needs.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Mar 2015
    Posts : 1,076
    Win10 Pro Build 15002rs_prerelease 170102-1700
       09 Sep 2016 #337

    justwondering said: View Post
    hi , yes its a 8500m , it is already installed and showing in the device manager , version 15.200.1065.0 my version of the laptop is the uk 04 version with slightly better graphics chipset.

    I basically just need the software that enables me to switch between the two chipsets intel and radeon , so that i can game

    I did try to do the auto identify via amd website , but there drivers do not work with the samsung laptop

    i'm told ccc , or cnext but how do i find a version that is compatible with version 15.200.1065.0 , as the samsung laptop will not use the latest downloads from AMD website
    - have you tried Samsung's support page:
    13.3 Series 7 Ultra Notebook 128GB SSD NP740U3E (NP740U3E-S04UK) | Support | SAMSUNG UK
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : May 2016
    Posts : 16
    windows 10, 7, Vista
       18 Sep 2016 #338

    No HD3650 driver for Windows 10?


    The latest Windows 10 Pro feature updates disabled my ThinkPad T500's dual display ATI card. The dual display or extended display using Intel and ATI cards worked well before this update. After this feature update, in the Device Manager the ATI driver has a little yellow warning flag, the properties reads that Windows has stopped this ATI card (Code 43). It worked well before in Windows 10 Pro, why now?

    I was told that I need updated display driver for ATI Mobile HD 3650 but it is not on the list of ATI's latest driver release/update.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 6,941
    All kinds
       18 Sep 2016 #339

    chenxinghao said: View Post
    The latest Windows 10 Pro feature updates disabled my ThinkPad T500's dual display ATI card. The dual display or extended display using Intel and ATI cards worked well before this update. After this feature update, in the Device Manager the ATI driver has a little yellow warning flag, the properties reads that Windows has stopped this ATI card (Code 43). It worked well before in Windows 10 Pro, why now?


    I was told that I need updated display driver for ATI Mobile HD 3650 but it is not on the list of ATI's latest driver release/update.
    I think that latest driver is 13.9, after that AMD stopped support.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Mar 2015
    Posts : 1,076
    Win10 Pro Build 15002rs_prerelease 170102-1700
       18 Sep 2016 #340

    chenxinghao said: View Post
    The latest Windows 10 Pro feature updates disabled my ThinkPad T500's dual display ATI card. The dual display or extended display using Intel and ATI cards worked well before this update. After this feature update, in the Device Manager the ATI driver has a little yellow warning flag, the properties reads that Windows has stopped this ATI card (Code 43). It worked well before in Windows 10 Pro, why now?

    I was told that I need updated display driver for ATI Mobile HD 3650 but it is not on the list of ATI's latest driver release/update.
    - check Lenovo's support site, they will have the info you require..
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Latest NVIDIA GeForce Graphics Drivers for Windows 10
NVIDIA Driver Downloads - Advanced Search Hot Fix NVIDIA DRIVER Version: 376.60 Release Date for Desktops and Notebooks: January 10th 2017 In Device Manager: 10.18.13.7660 Download: GeForce Hot Fix driver version 376.60 | NVIDIA This is...
Graphic Cards
Solved Intel HD Graphics driver not able to install
I upgraded both my desktop and laptop to Windows 10 recently. The desktop's upgrade went smoothly; NVIDIA already has Windows 10-compatible drivers. However, my laptop with Intel HD Graphics is a different story. I've tried the Dell-certified...
Graphic Cards
Having Issues Installing Latest Graphics Drivers
After installing Windows 10 Home on 2 computers, I have found that the graphics drivers are having trouble updating. Can someone assist me on fixing this? Will check back in the morning.
Graphic Cards
Surface New Graphics Driver on WU for Surface Pros with 9926 build Windows 10
Users of Surface Pros with Windows 10 build 9926 installed on it will have a new graphics driver available in Windows Update that will help resolve video playback issues as well as some other bugs. 561028871504408578
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:36.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums