Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
  1.    23 Oct 2015 #111
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Posts : 2,262
    Win10 Pro Build 17017

    BTW: AMD 15.10 BETA driver running beautifully here..
    - no problems at all..
    - Battlefield 3 and 4 smooth as silk..

    - bring on DX12..
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    31 Oct 2015 #112
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 176
    Ten

    Guys, I am on the latest stable release which is 15.71.

    My drivers keep crashing from time to time, like once in a week at any time.
    While playing Skyrim, Heroes of the Storm or even if the system is idle doing nothing.

    I have a AMD 7850. Anyone else having this problem?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    31 Oct 2015 #113
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,194
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by lolcocks View Post
    Guys, I am on the latest stable release which is 15.71.

    My drivers keep crashing from time to time, like once in a week at any time.
    While playing Skyrim, Heroes of the Storm or even if the system is idle doing nothing.

    I have a AMD 7850. Anyone else having this problem?
    Most of driver updates have just fixes for problematic games. Find a change log to see what is addressed. How do you update drivers ? Most of the time it's best to use DDU: Download Display Driver Uninstaller - MajorGeeks to clean up old drivers from safe mode before installing new ones.
    For games more than couple of years old, adding parts of Dx9 can help too. Some of them also have updates to work better with W10.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    31 Oct 2015 #114
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    USA
    Posts : 1,458
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by lolcocks View Post
    Guys, I am on the latest stable release which is 15.71.

    My drivers keep crashing from time to time, like once in a week at any time.
    While playing Skyrim, Heroes of the Storm or even if the system is idle doing nothing.

    I have a AMD 7850. Anyone else having this problem?
    Have you given the beta 15.10 drivers posted on the first page here a try? Might be worth a try.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    31 Oct 2015 #115
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 176
    Ten

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    Most of driver updates have just fixes for problematic games. Find a change log to see what is addressed. How do you update drivers ? Most of the time it's best to use DDU: Download Display Driver Uninstaller - MajorGeeks to clean up old drivers from safe mode before installing new ones.
    For games more than couple of years old, adding parts of Dx9 can help too. Some of them also have updates to work better with W10.
    You are like all over this site and MajorGeeks. I will give your tool a shot.


    Quote Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
    Have you given the beta 15.10 drivers posted on the first page here a try? Might be worth a try.
    Will do now. After trying the tool posted by CountMike.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    01 Nov 2015 #116
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    USA
    Posts : 1,458
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    For what it's worth the AMD uninstaller works just fine. I've never had an issue with it where I needed a third party uninstaller.

    Anyway good luck.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    02 Nov 2015 #117
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,194
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
    For what it's worth the AMD uninstaller works just fine. I've never had an issue with it where I needed a third party uninstaller.

    Anyway good luck.
    AMD uninstaller always leaves "tails" which can make problems, specially when changing from AMD to Nvidia while DDU does it from safe mode and can get rid of files, parts and from registry, things that can not be deleted in normal mode. If it's just a simple change of drivers, ATI uninstaller does good enough job but in case of troubleshooting it's better to start with a clean slate. Had a few cases when even that wasn't enough and only reinstalling Windows helped.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    02 Nov 2015 #118
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    USA
    Posts : 1,458
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    That's cool, but I'm not a fan of third party uninstallers (TPU) and don't use them. For me, I've never had a problem where I needed TPU to uninstall any drivers, but especially any AMD (ATI) drivers, and I've been using AMD/ATI cards since their 8500 back in Jan of 2002.

    That's me though, but I know lots of others favor TPU's.

    Peace
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    02 Nov 2015 #119
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,194
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
    That's cool, but I'm not a fan of third party uninstallers (TPU) and don't use them. For me, I've never had a problem where I needed TPU to uninstall any drivers, but especially any AMD (ATI) drivers, and I've been using AMD/ATI cards since their 8500 back in Jan of 2002.

    That's me though, but I know lots of others favor TPU's.

    Peace
    Whatever but there's new 15.11 drivers coming out in a few days with new control panel instead of CCC.
    AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition Detailed | techPowerUp
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    02 Nov 2015 #120
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    USA
    Posts : 1,458
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Well those of us (me) who own a R9 Fury/Fury X will be happy if it solves the aritfacting issue that's plaguing these cards while browsing the net - Fury X Display problem. People are up in arms over there and if these drivers don't solve the issue people (including me) are going to be very upset. I've been posting my thoughts and frustrations there since I too get artifacting with my Sapphire Tri-X R9 Fury while browsing the net.

    Anyway an AMD rep posted that there were new drivers coming soon - just hope they solves our issues.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Latest NVIDIA GeForce Graphics Drivers for Windows 10
NVIDIA Driver Downloads - Advanced Search WHQL NVIDIA DRIVER Version: 388.00 Release Date for Desktops and Notebooks : October 23rd 2017 In Device Manager: 21.21.13.8800 Game Ready Driver Release Notes (v388.00) Control Panel User's...
Graphic Cards
Solved Intel HD Graphics driver not able to install
I upgraded both my desktop and laptop to Windows 10 recently. The desktop's upgrade went smoothly; NVIDIA already has Windows 10-compatible drivers. However, my laptop with Intel HD Graphics is a different story. I've tried the Dell-certified...
Graphic Cards
Having Issues Installing Latest Graphics Drivers
After installing Windows 10 Home on 2 computers, I have found that the graphics drivers are having trouble updating. Can someone assist me on fixing this? Will check back in the morning.
Graphic Cards
Surface New Graphics Driver on WU for Surface Pros with 9926 build Windows 10
Users of Surface Pros with Windows 10 build 9926 installed on it will have a new graphics driver available in Windows Update that will help resolve video playback issues as well as some other bugs. 561028871504408578
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:45.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums