Windows 10: [HELP] Nvidia GT630m problem

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1.    24 Jan 2017 #11

    RoasterMen said: View Post
    No need to feel bad to yourself you're just trying to help It's a simple yet sometimes hard to avoid mistake.
    Thanks. Yes it is
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 316
    Windows 10
       24 Jan 2017 #12

    "This is usually necessary for best performance if you are gaming"
    Not true. On a relatively old Graphics chipset new drivers are actually marginally slower. The tweaks are only for the latest graphics chipset features and games.

    It is what is a reliable and good driver that matters for more modest users on older cards and games.

    The newest drivers are for those with expensive latest Graphics chipsets/cards Desktop PCs and latest games.

    Do your own tests, you will find that this is true.

    As far as BIOS goes it does not matter, the OP won't get a Laptop MOBO BIOS update either. Those tend to finish 1-2 years after the manufacturing date of a PC/Laptop.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    24 Jan 2017 #13

    Helmut said: View Post
    "This is usually necessary for best performance if you are gaming"
    Not true. On a relatively old Graphics chipset new drivers are actually marginally slower. The tweaks are only for the latest graphics chipset features and games.

    It is what is a reliable and good driver that matters for more modest users on older cards and games.

    The newest drivers are for those with expensive latest Graphics chipsets/cards Desktop PCs and latest games.

    Do your own tests, you will find that this is true.

    As far as BIOS goes it does not matter, the OP won't get a Laptop MOBO BIOS update either. Those tend to finish 1-2 years after the manufacturing date of a PC/Laptop.
    I said "usally" [HELP] Nvidia GT630m problem It still applies for older graphics cards. For example a GTX 660/670/680 will still benefit having the newest drivers for playing the newest games. Don't have any sources right now. But this is kinda off topic.

    But if installing older drivers (which should be done using DDU to delete current drivers) doesn't work, I would have thought a BIOS reflash could fix the problem?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    24 Jan 2017 #14

    MasterChief8810 said: View Post
    Sorry, didn't notice it was a laptop until now... Haha, was late when I wrote this.

    Well, what Helmut said is probably a good idea. Although I don't agree with him that having the newest drivers installed is not necessary. This is usually necessary for best performance if you are gaming, in general. But with your card I'm guessing Battlefield 1 on ultra is a long shot, and you'll probably be good if you choose an older driver.

    You should visit Samsung's site and look for a firmware/BIOS update there. Although it is the same that you currently have, re flashing it or re installing it may help. Be sure to choose the exact right model. If you don't know, press start and then type "dxdiag" and hit enter. Your computer name and model will appear here.

    EDIT: The BIOS I'm referring to is not GPU BIOS. But BIOS for the motherboard itself. But I can be worth trying out. But: You do this update at your own risks!

    EDIT: And to answer your question: do not, ever, flash a desktop GPU based BIOS on an "M" (laptop) card [HELP] Nvidia GT630m problem That would probably brick your GPU.
    The current version bios is P09ABI. About one year ago, i have updated from P08ABI version when i instaled windows 10. It's secure to reinstall the P08ABI now?
    I'm downloading the 347.25 and 361.91 nvidia driver version to test.
    I did not use the notebook for a few months, but I had to use it again because my desktop was stolen. It was working normal, but after some windows updates began to present the error in question. I work with edits of images and things like that, and it's almost impossible to run some programs on Intel HD Graphics 4000. I know the GT630 is not a strong card, but it's better than HD 4000. I still need to use this notebook for a while, Until you buy a new desktop.
    I did not use the notebook for a few months, but I had to use it again because my desktop was stolen. It was working ok, but after some windows updates began to present the error in question. I work with edits of images and things like that, and it's almost impossible to run some programs on Intel HD Graphics 4000. I know the GT630 is not a strong card, but it's better than HD 4000. I still need to use this notebook for a while, Until you buy a new desktop.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    24 Jan 2017 #15

    mpguchii said: View Post
    The current version bios is P09ABI. About one year ago, i have updated from P08ABI version when i instaled windows 10. It's secure to reinstall the P08ABI now?
    I'm downloading the 347.25 and 361.91 nvidia driver version to test.
    I did not use the notebook for a few months, but I had to use it again because my desktop was stolen. It was working normal, but after some windows updates began to present the error in question. I work with edits of images and things like that, and it's almost impossible to run some programs on Intel HD Graphics 4000. I know the GT630 is not a strong card, but it's better than HD 4000. I still need to use this notebook for a while, Until you buy a new desktop.
    I did not use the notebook for a few months, but I had to use it again because my desktop was stolen. It was working ok, but after some windows updates began to present the error in question. I work with edits of images and things like that, and it's almost impossible to run some programs on Intel HD Graphics 4000. I know the GT630 is not a strong card, but it's better than HD 4000. I still need to use this notebook for a while, Until you buy a new desktop.
    Try the drivers first. I highly suggest using DDU between each install of driver. Reinstalling/reflashing BIOS should go totally smooth. Although I can't guarantee that.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    24 Jan 2017 #16

    MasterChief8810 said: View Post
    Try the drivers first. I highly suggest using DDU between each install of driver. Reinstalling/reflashing BIOS should go totally smooth. Although I can't guarantee that.
    Installed with successful again, but error persists(code 43).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	118344

    Now flash the moda****a bios. What is best method?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    24 Jan 2017 #17

    mpguchii said: View Post
    Installed with successful again, but error persists(code 43).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	118344

    Now flash the moda****a bios. What is best method?
    Hmm. First of all; did you use DDU?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    24 Jan 2017 #18

    MasterChief8810 said: View Post
    Hmm. First of all; did you use DDU?
    Yes i used it. In Secure mode, clean and restart system.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    24 Jan 2017 #19

    mpguchii said: View Post
    Yes i used it. In Secure mode, clean and restart system.
    Then try the following:
    1. Download firmware/BIOS on support site for your laptop.
    2. Tell windows to not install device updates automatically like here: Stop automatic driver updates on Windows 10 | Windows 10 content from SuperSite for Windows (this may have been done by DDU, but make sure it's off)
    3. Check the user manual for how to flash BIOS.
    4. Uninstall drivers using DDU.
    5. Follow the manual like a slave.
    6. When BIOS is flashed and you have booted to Windows 10; install Nvidia driver.
    7. Reboot and cross your fingers.

    NB: Flashing BIOS can go wrong and brick your system. Do it at your own risk [HELP] Nvidia GT630m problem
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    24 Jan 2017 #20

    MasterChief8810 said: View Post
    Then try the following:
    1. Download firmware/BIOS on support site for your laptop.
    2. Tell windows to not install device updates automatically like here: Stop automatic driver updates on Windows 10 | Windows 10 content from SuperSite for Windows (this may have been done by DDU, but make sure it's off)
    3. Check the user manual for how to flash BIOS.
    4. Uninstall drivers using DDU.
    5. Follow the manual like a slave.
    6. When BIOS is flashed and you have booted to Windows 10; install Nvidia driver.
    7. Reboot and cross your fingers.

    NB: Flashing BIOS can go wrong and brick your system. Do it at your own risk [HELP] Nvidia GT630m problem
    Flash bios, OK!
    Unnistall driver via DDU, ok!
    Install driver again, OK.
    Stop show error code 43, no....
    I go try install old bios version now.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Hello all, some days ago my notebook stoped open nvidia control pannel in windows 10. Tried to clean install, DDU and none of them worked. I can instal without bsod or erros. Some games i play(like csgo ) use nvidia card(120-150 fps) and some others...
Hey guys, I got a new PC yesterday (well, for me it's new) but it has problem with the video card. Windows 10 isn't detecting the Display Driver, which is pretty bad because all my games are lagging because of this. When I start the computer,...
Nvidia Geforce 840m Problem in Graphic Cards
Hello. I have bought a Lenovo Flex 2 and installed Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit on it. My laptop has Nvidia Geforce 840m GPU. I have downloaded the latest version of drivers include main driver and Game Ready drivers: ...
Hi everybody, I just bought a new laptop with the nVideo 950M graphic card and I have an issue while returning from suspension mode. See this video to know what happens. It seems something goes wrong but after a couple of second, the notebook...
Hey, that's my first post here and I hope that I am asking in the right place. So, I am currently running Windows 10 64-bit and I use NVIDIA 760M video card. I had the latest update installed (the one for the Windows 10 - 352.84) and everything was...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:01.
Find Us