Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

  1. Joined : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 8,246
    Windows 10 IoT
       19 Aug 2016 #11

    If it's a desktop PC, swap the monitor cables around and see if the issue moves to the other monitor. If it moves to the other monitor its likely a video card or video cable issue. If it stays it's likely an issue with that monitor.
    Is that monitor HDMI? If yes, do you have a cable box that uses HDMI to the TV? If yes again, you could connect the monitor to your cable box and see how it works there.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 8
    windows 7
       20 Aug 2016 #12

    Have a look here http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...ncMaster+226bw fairly common failure with that model. Easy fix if you can solder and have the tools.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 6,999
    All kinds
       20 Aug 2016 #13

    You can check if the problem is back light. Shine a light from an acute angle to the screen and look from similar angle but from other side. If you see any kind of the picture, even faintly, that means back light is bad.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Aug 2016
    Posts : 19
    windows 10
       21 Aug 2016 #14

    sorry i didnt reply until yet .. im not at home this weekend and will return monday. gonna go trough all your posts and let ya know what happend.

    thanks for all the help.

    !smallfoe
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Aug 2016
    Posts : 19
    windows 10
       22 Aug 2016 #15

    finaly at home again, sorry for the wait guys.

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    If it's a desktop PC, swap the monitor cables around and see if the issue moves to the other monitor. If it moves to the other monitor its likely a video card or video cable issue. If it stays it's likely an issue with that monitor.
    Is that monitor HDMI? If yes, do you have a cable box that uses HDMI to the TV? If yes again, you could connect the monitor to your cable box and see how it works there.
    yes it is a desktop pc. i did swap the cables around and the problem didnt move to the other monitor instead it more or less stayed at the "troublechild" monitor. The monitor didnt give me a picture at all anymore. When i switched back the cables, it instantly showed a picture and also stayed on.

    no i dont use hdmi on that monitor since i would have to buy a adapter for it and there is also no cable box, my tv is directly connected to my computer via hdmi.

    pillboxhunter said: View Post
    Have a look here http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...ncMaster+226bw fairly common failure with that model. Easy fix if you can solder and have the tools.
    I will have a look into it but my solder skills are rusty and i dont have the tools for it.

    CountMike said: View Post
    You can check if the problem is back light. Shine a light from an acute angle to the screen and look from similar angle but from other side. If you see any kind of the picture, even faintly, that means back light is bad.
    sorry for the dumb question, what kind of picture? the background picture? and how is the back light connected to my issue?

    again thanks for all the help and suggestions.

    !smallfoe
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 8,246
    Windows 10 IoT
       22 Aug 2016 #16

    LCD monitors need light shining from behind (backlight) to be visible. If the backlight quits, the screen goes dark. The image is still there, you just can't see it. Shinning a flashlight from in front may show you the image. If you see it, or part of it with the flashlight you know the display part is still working, it's just the backlight that quit. If it's completely dark with no discernable image, its likely more than just the backlight that's failed.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Aug 2016
    Posts : 19
    windows 10
       22 Aug 2016 #17

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    LCD monitors need light shining from behind (backlight) to be visible. If the backlight quits, the screen goes dark. The image is still there, you just can't see it. Shinning a flashlight from in front may show you the image. If you see it, or part of it with the flashlight you know the display part is still working, it's just the backlight that quit. If it's completely dark with no discernable image, its likely more than just the backlight that's failed.
    alright gonna check it next time.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Aug 2016
    Posts : 19
    windows 10
       23 Aug 2016 #18

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    LCD monitors need light shining from behind (backlight) to be visible. If the backlight quits, the screen goes dark. The image is still there, you just can't see it. Shinning a flashlight from in front may show you the image. If you see it, or part of it with the flashlight you know the display part is still working, it's just the backlight that quit. If it's completely dark with no discernable image, its likely more than just the backlight that's failed.
    tried it the first time and havent seen anything but im gonna try it a few more times just incase i did it wrong
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 6,999
    All kinds
       23 Aug 2016 #19

    Smallfoe said: View Post
    tried it the first time and havent seen anything but im gonna try it a few more times just incase i did it wrong
    Open a light picture with a lot of contrast. I don't see anywhere if you tried duplicate mode so both screens show same thing.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Aug 2016
    Posts : 19
    windows 10
       24 Aug 2016 #20

    CountMike said: View Post
    Open a light picture with a lot of contrast. I don't see anywhere if you tried duplicate mode so both screens show same thing.
    I'll do that as soon as i get back home at the weekend. thx again
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Right Click turns the Screen Black!!!!
I'm running Windows 10 64-bit and whenever i right click on desktop the screen turns black. Check out video for more details(The video is in windows 8.1 but the problem is the same and still persists). Please help me! Thanks in...
General Support
Twist on Black Screen issue
I've been running Windows 10 on my Dell desktop for a few months now with no major issues. Now, it decides to randomly act up. Anyhow... The computer boots up to the login screen where it shows the picture. Once I hit a key it shows the user name...
General Support
Screen Turns Black after 10-15 Minutes
Hi, i have freshly formatted my computer, installed all the updates and drivers, i have also RMA'd my video card (which i thoroughly tested and found it works fine on other computers.) but i cant figure out why my screen goes black but the computer...
General Support
Windows 10 crashing no BSOD, screen just turns black
Pc just turns off and restarts when i'm in the middle of something. So far i think it's only happened when i play a game. My videocard is the radeon hd 7850, and i'm on the newest catalyst drivers. In eventviewer i see a event for...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Black screen issue during installation with or without cursor FIX.
Hi all, If you're here you are probably having the issue i had, and have had for about 3 days now. I was able to fix it myself and i would like to explain everything, because there was not a lot of useful information online for this. So during...
Installation and Setup
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:51.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums