Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

  1. Joined : Jul 2016
    Canada
    Posts : 10
    Windows 10
       25 Jul 2016 #11

    SexyColdNoodle said: View Post
    Yeah pretty much that's all you can do or refund it.
    Okay. Because I even tried the older/non-beta drivers from the AMD website. Nothing seems to work. If no one can think of a cause more likely than faulty hardware, I will RMA it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jul 2016
    Canada
    Posts : 10
    Windows 10
       26 Jul 2016 #12

    Hmmm...

    Can someone tell me why using the Windows Basic Display Driver works better? I've had it fail too once, but after hours of staying stable at the desktop. Installing the 390 drivers craters it immediately. What could be the reason for the contrast?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Jul 2016
    Posts : 264
    Windows 10
       26 Jul 2016 #13

    AstralFrost said: View Post
    Hmmm...

    Can someone tell me why using the Windows Basic Display Driver works better? I've had it fail too once, but after hours of staying stable at the desktop. Installing the 390 drivers craters it immediately. What could be the reason for the contrast?
    Microsoft Basic Display Driver is built into Windows to have " all " video cards display without a driver installed. So in other word, Windows will allowed you to to use the video card without a driver installed such as your first time booting up your new PC. Once you install the proper driver for your video card, you will not see " Microsoft Basic Display Driver" at all rather your manufacturer name and the series of the video card.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Jul 2016
    Canada
    Posts : 10
    Windows 10
       26 Jul 2016 #14

    Right. Indeed. It's just confusing to me how with the MBDD works so much better than the 390 drivers. It failed once, after some hours. As soon as I install the 39 drivers, bam! The fans turn off in that moment, too.

    A couple more people suggested a PSU issue, so I ordered the EVGA 750w G2. It'll be here on Thursday.

    I have a question. Would a person have the option of skipping the retailer exchange or refund and go straight to MSI for servicing or exchange? Say I missed the return deadline or say the retailer didn't have a replacement for the card and could only issue a refund? I've still got about 3 weeks, but the retailer is only issuing refunds as they have no more of this card in stock.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jul 2016
    Posts : 264
    Windows 10
       26 Jul 2016 #15

    AstralFrost said: View Post
    Right. Indeed. It's just confusing to me how with the MBDD works so much better than the 390 drivers. It failed once, after some hours. As soon as I install the 39 drivers, bam! The fans turn off in that moment, too.

    A couple more people suggested a PSU issue, so I ordered the EVGA 750w G2. It'll be here on Thursday.

    I have a question. Would a person have the option of skipping the retailer exchange or refund and go straight to MSI for servicing or exchange? Say I missed the return deadline or say the retailer didn't have a replacement for the card and could only issue a refund? I've still got about 3 weeks, but the retailer is only issuing refunds as they have no more of this card in stock.
    People only go straight to MSI for servicing or exchange if their buyer items already exceed the days that it will let for exchange or refund. Normally, retailer only give you 30 days for a full exchange or a full refund, after that you gotta contact the manufacturer.

    If you purchase the R9 390 using your bank cards, it make take a week or two to process the transaction.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Jul 2016
    Canada
    Posts : 10
    Windows 10
       27 Jul 2016 #16

    I purchased it using an Amazon Canada gift card, actually. Do they just credit it back?

    Thanks for the info. Looks like I've got more than enough time, but even if I didn't, I could go to MSI afterwards. Sounds good!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Jul 2016
    Posts : 264
    Windows 10
       27 Jul 2016 #17

    AstralFrost said: View Post
    I purchased it using an Amazon Canada gift card, actually. Do they just credit it back?

    Thanks for the info. Looks like I've got more than enough time, but even if I didn't, I could go to MSI afterwards. Sounds good!
    I don't know about Amazon gift card because I have never use them. You might want to call Amazon, and ask them about that.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Jul 2016
    Canada
    Posts : 10
    Windows 10
       28 Jul 2016 #18

    Okay. I'll update this thread as soon as I get the PSU installed. We'll see if that works. I decided I will keep this whether it turns out to be a power issue or not. Doesn't hurt to have a great quality PSU.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Bad pool header?
Got an BSOD i haven't gotten before earlier this day. It occured around the time i connected and disconnected a my Camera via USB i think. I think it was disconnected, and then randomly as i was looking away, then back it was in BSOD, if my...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Bad Pool Header
When is Microsoft going to address and fix the annoying "Bad Pool Header" error code? Apparently it was not fixed with the recent upgrade.
General Support
Bad Pool Header
Need to know why this error code appears and then how to fix
General Support
Bad Pool Header
Just wondering if there is a fix when receiving this error message
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Bad Pool Header
What is a "bad pool header". When it comes up it demands to reboot. Things will be just fine and then occasionally it will come up again and demands a reboot. Is there any "fix". What is going on, any way to fix it, to stop the process. What and why...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:32.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums