Page 6 of 91 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
  1.    08 Jul 2015 #51
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 24,386
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17017
    Thread Starter

    Thank you. First post updated.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    14 Jul 2015 #52
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro

    I just got a windows update for my GTX driver to 353.50 from 353.49
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    14 Jul 2015 #53
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 1,624
    Win 10 X64 Pro 15063

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    I just got a windows update for my GTX driver to 353.50 from 353.49
    Look again. You may have just received an "update" to 353.30.

    Windows Update insists on giving you the latest WHQL drivers. At the moment, all newer ones than 353.30 are betas (non-WHQL).

    I'm not sure that this works to block the re-install of the older drivers, but I'm giving it a try:

    How to block automatic reinstall of a driver or update from Windows - Microsoft Community

    Basic procedure:

    Download the application on the page.

    Uninstall the 353.30 drivers.

    Run the application. (It should detect the 353.30 drivers as available.) Hide the unwanted download.

    Install the nVidia drivers that you prefer.

    I'd like MS to restore the ability to hide updates in the released version of Win10, like for the past few Windows versions, but I'm not hopeful. It's damnably annoying.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    15 Jul 2015 #54
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 10,205
    Windows 10 IoT

    NVidia driver update for me today.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    15 Jul 2015 #55
    Join Date : Apr 2014
    Posts : 626
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview (14971)

    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    NVidia driver update for me today.
    Me too.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    15 Jul 2015 #56
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by bobkn View Post
    Look again. You may have just received an "update" to 353.30.

    Windows Update insists on giving you the latest WHQL drivers. At the moment, all newer ones than 353.30 are betas (non-WHQL).

    I'm not sure that this works to block the re-install of the older drivers, but I'm giving it a try:

    How to block automatic reinstall of a driver or update from Windows - Microsoft Community

    Basic procedure:

    Download the application on the page.

    Uninstall the 353.30 drivers.

    Run the application. (It should detect the 353.30 drivers as available.) Hide the unwanted download.

    Install the nVidia drivers that you prefer.

    I'd like MS to restore the ability to hide updates in the released version of Win10, like for the past few Windows versions, but I'm not hopeful. It's damnably annoying.
    I do not need to look again, but you do

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nv.PNG 
Views:	35 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	24536
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    15 Jul 2015 #57
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 1,624
    Win 10 X64 Pro 15063

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    I do not need to look again, but you do

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nv.PNG 
Views:	35 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	24536
    No insult was intended.

    I checked the Microsoft Update archive before posting, and I failed to spot 353.50. Ditto at Visual Computing Leadership from NVIDIA.

    If I've successfully blocked a real update, that'll be embarrassing.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    15 Jul 2015 #58
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 236
    Win10 Pro x64

    Windows update also gave me 353.50, but interestingly enough it isn't in the drivers section of the GeForce site yet and there isn't a post about it on the GeForce Forums yet (from Nvidia I mean, 1 guy posted about his mouse cursor being funky but that is all )
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    15 Jul 2015 #59
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Posts : 1,688
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview x64

    I went through Windows Update after the upgrade to 10240 and it gave me 353.30, so I wiped it out again and installed 353.49.

    Edit: Found a copy of the 353.50 driver. Won't install for me. Says "Compatible Hardware Not Found", even though GTX 970 is listed in the device list. Weird.
    Last edited by blackroseMD1; 15 Jul 2015 at 19:09.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    15 Jul 2015 #60
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 1,624
    Win 10 X64 Pro 15063

    Quote Originally Posted by blackroseMD1 View Post
    I went through Windows Update after the upgrade to 10240 and it gave me 353.30, so I wiped it out again and installed 353.49.

    Edit: Found a copy of the 353.50 driver. Won't install for me. Says "Compatible Hardware Not Found", even though GTX 970 is listed in the device list. Weird.
    Same here, but with a Titan X. The obvious idea is that the 353.50 release doesn't support Maxwell cards. It may even be correct.

    I wonder whether 10240 will be insistent on installing the latest WHQL driver over newer beta drivers. 10166 gave me trouble with that.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 6 of 91 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Latest AMD Catalyst Graphics Driver for Windows 10
Latest AMD Crimson Video Driver Released Optional Crimson ReLive Edition Release Date: October 10th 2017 Driver Version: 17.10.1 (17.30.1081) (Windows Driver Store Version 22.19.676.0) AMD CCC WHQL Video Driver Download Link Release...
Graphic Cards
Driver for NVidia GeForce Go 7150M Card
I went to the NVidia site, but all the drivers that show are for Linux. I tried searching for Windows, but none turned up. This is for an HP dv9700 laptop PC that's over five years old. Anyone got an URL for the proper site?
Graphic Cards
Having Issues Installing Latest Graphics Drivers
After installing Windows 10 Home on 2 computers, I have found that the graphics drivers are having trouble updating. Can someone assist me on fixing this? Will check back in the morning.
Graphic Cards
cannot enable scaling with HiDPI laptop - nVidia GeForce 750M
I just completed a dirty install of Win10 (10074) on top of Win8.1. I would have done a clean install but I was hoping not to have to reinstall all my Steam content. Looks like I'm going to have to do a clean install to solve this, but on the off...
General Support
Nvidia Geforce 7150m / 630 drivers x64 needed pls
anyone have a good driver for this slightly older vista-era laptop? the machine is a HP DV9917CL. I have it running with the old HP vista 64 driver. it works pretty good but I get some flashes and blackouts on certain aero functions . ...
Graphic Cards
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:03.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums