blackrose is right
GameWorks VR Driver Support
NVIDIA's Windows driver version 358.78 (released 10-23-15) provides beta support for GameWorks VR.
It is recommended that all VR developers upgrade to this driver!
Fixes (over 356.04):
- Updated driver support for GameWorks VR SDK, adding notebook support, VR SLI enhancements, and bug fixes.
- VR SLI now compatible with NVIDIA Direct Mode (pre-Windows 10 only; Windows 10 support in progress)
- Improved performance for VR SLI on Quadro GPUs
- Many bug fixes for VR SLI and Direct Mode
- Fixed a wait timeout error observed with the sample test app on the first present call
Known installation issue:
If you’re using the Oculus runtime, please reboot after install to ensure it picks up the new driver version.
^ That's a dev driver. I've been running it for a few days. Seems pretty smooth.
I installed it yesterday and so far so good.
Is it needed for someone who doesn't use VR?
New WHQL driver 358.87 now available.
New NVIDIA GeForce WHQL driver 358.87 (Release Date: 2015/11/04)
Prior to a new title launching, our driver team is working up until the last minute to ensure every performance tweak and bug fix possible makes it into the Game Ready driver. As a result, you can be sure you’ll have the best day-1 gaming experience for your favorite new titles.
Learn more about how to get the optimal experience for Call of Duty: Blacks OPS III, Anno 2205, and the new War Thunder patch with GameWorks
Thank you. First post updated.