Windows 10: New graphics card is apparently dying. Solved

  1.    05 Jun 2016 #1

    New graphics card is apparently dying.


    Now this is a surprise. Looks like this GeForce GT 730 really was defective after all.

    I was playing a little with Mac OS X, then due to chipset compatibilty problems i decided to go back to Windows 10.

    It was finishing installing, so i left the PC alone...

    When i came back, turned on the monitor, it looked a broken TV or something: Showing all sorts of colorful artifacts, blinking...

    My advice to everyone here: Avoid NVidia cards if you can.

    Now i'm back to the old but trusty AMD Radeon 6450! 😃

    Edit: I was wrong. The colored artifacts were temporary, and are now gone.

    Edit 2: I found that it is actually the monitor, it shows visual glitches even if disconnected from the PC.
    Last edited by WinInsiderBeta; 05 Jun 2016 at 18:39. Reason: Mistake
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    05 Jun 2016 #2

    Avoid nVidia cards?

    Astonishingly practical advice. (No, I'm not an nVidia fan. I admit that my most recent Radeon was a 7970. Huge, power hungry, but fast. My favorite 3D graphics processors were made by 3dfx. The Voodoo 1 card did great things with the original DOS based Tomb Raider game.)
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 662
    Windows 10 1703 Pro x64 (Creators Update)
       05 Jun 2016 #3

    Why avoid Nvidia cards? They are fine! I have a GT 730 and a GTX 750 Ti and they run flawlessly. What brand is it?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    05 Jun 2016 #4

    As i said, i was wrong about this. It was not an issue with the card, but with the monitor and/or It's cable.


    But when i first encountered the issue, i thought the GPU was the culprit.

    I have put the 730 back into the PC and It's working fine.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    05 Jun 2016 #5

    Computer Chicken said: View Post
    Why avoid Nvidia cards? They are fine! I have a GT 730 and a GTX 750 Ti and they run flawlessly. What brand is it?
    It's from Zogis, model ZOGT730-2GD3H12.

    I didn't mean to sound like an nvidia hater or something like that.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 662
    Windows 10 1703 Pro x64 (Creators Update)
       05 Jun 2016 #6

    WinInsiderBeta said: View Post
    As i said, i was wrong about this. It was not an issue with the card, but with the monitor and/or It's cable.


    But when i first encountered the issue, i thought the GPU was the culprit.

    I have put the 730 back into the PC and It's working fine.
    Oh whoops, I did not read that part That's great that it is working fine!
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 662
    Windows 10 1703 Pro x64 (Creators Update)
       05 Jun 2016 #7

    WinInsiderBeta said: View Post
    It's from Zogis, model ZOGT730-2GD3H12.

    I didn't mean to sound like an nvidia hater or something like that.
    I didn't think you were a Nvidia hater.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    05 Jun 2016 #8

    WinInsiderBeta said: View Post
    As i said, i was wrong about this. It was not an issue with the card, but with the monitor and/or It's cable.


    But when i first encountered the issue, i thought the GPU was the culprit.

    I have put the 730 back into the PC and It's working fine.
    You could have removed the offending sentence when you edited the post. Or would you have regarded removing it as unethical?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Hi, In October I bought the MSI GTX 980 graphics card as an upgrade for my Radeon R9 280x. I presumed that I would be getting a lot better performance in games since the 980 is a much more powerful card, this was the case in some games like GTA 5...
Hey, recently, I have came up with an idea of a fourth monitor, but my GPU (970) supports only three, which ones that I own. It has fourth one but I don't have the right cables for it for now. I noticed that my motherboard has two open video...
Hi. When it comes to computer hardware or programming issues, I'm the guy sat gibbering in the corner wearing the dunces hat. So any help would be appreciated from anyone who can spare the time. Since I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, my...
Graphics card compatibility in Graphic Cards
Hi, I have ATI Radeon HD 4830 graphic card. I'd like to upgrade it to AMD R9 270 2GB DDR5 graphic card. Is the same slot that goes to Radeon HD 4830 is enough for R9 270? Do I need to upgrade Motherboard as well? Thanks
Hey, I'm having a bit of an Issue, out of the blue, I'm unable to SLI my 780Ti's (Driver 355.82). The cards themselves are detected in Device Manager at the same time, but one always has this error doesn't matter which one it is) when they are both...

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:10.
Find Us