Windows 10: My screen splits into 4 duplicates?!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    11 Apr 2016 #1

    My screen splits into 4 duplicates?!!


    Hello!
    Once I upgraded to Windows 10, I saw LOTS of glitches, and I think this is the weirdest:
    The Screen Splits into 4 duplicates, and a horizontal grey strip appears on the screen.
    This happens when Windows boots up, and before that (the BIOS screen) the screen is scaled about 120% and because of that it gets cropped from the bottom-right.
    This might help you: Before this problem happened, in Device Manager>Monitors there was only one display called ThinkPad LCD, which it the laptop's built in display. But now, that ThinkPad LCD disappeared and now its showing me a display called "Digital Flat Panel 1024x768 60hz".
    What is causing this problem?
    Can i solve it? and if Yes, then How??!!

    Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by Tooniis; 12 Apr 2016 at 05:59.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 464
    Windows 10 Pro (Mix of Builds) / Linux Mint
       13 Apr 2016 #2

    Driver issue most likely.

    But for integrated video card for your laptop, not necessarily the LCD if the resolution is correct for your screen.

    List your model thinkpad here, but also go to the support site for it and see if you can download video card/integrated video drivers, if listed for win 10, use them, if not, try from the OS you had previously (but failed to list in your OP)

    As a related example, my 6 year old HP DV7 works great on the latest build of win 10 (fast ring) but I have to select a lower driver, for whatever reason the latest doesnt work, i have a desktop, but not my native 1440x900 available)
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    15 Apr 2016 #3

    My ThinkPad is a X220i, and it has an Intel HD Graphics 3000.
    I searched for drivers for the video card but i found none on Lenovo's website nor on Intel's download center.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    16 Apr 2016 #4

    you couldnt find drivers on intels site?

    Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 [15.33]

    or you could always try this as your chipset isnt listed

    Intel® Driver Update Utility
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    16 Apr 2016 #5

    Archie123 said: View Post
    you couldn't find drivers on intel's site?

    Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 [15.33]

    or you could always try this as your chipset isn't listed

    Intel® Driver Update Utility
    My chipset is: Intel(R) 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family
    that's what i found in the device manager.

    The driver update utility doesn't give me any results.
    the driver you linked to me isn't compatible with the Intel HD Graphics 3000, its compatible with the 4200 and 2000 only.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 464
    Windows 10 Pro (Mix of Builds) / Linux Mint
       16 Apr 2016 #6

    A quick search got me here:

    Laptops :: ThinkPad X Series laptops :: X220i Laptop (ThinkPad) - Lenovo Support (US)

    Check that after hitting this link that you choose display and video graphics, and select win 10 x32 or x64 dependant on your installed version.

    Grab this Thinkpad monitor INF file and install.

    Considering that whatever driver MS is installing graphically is not working for you, I would then switch to win 7 as appropriate and grab the intel graphics driver, as they have one for win 7, and try to install that one if possible.

    The same goes for the chipset, if you want to try that as well.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    16 Apr 2016 #7

    Tooniis said: View Post
    My chipset is: Intel(R) 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family
    that's what i found in the device manager.

    The driver update utility doesn't give me any results.
    the driver you linked to me isn't compatible with the Intel HD Graphics 3000, its compatible with the 4200 and 2000 only.
    its the driver i installed on my wifes laptop and its a HD3000
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    18 Apr 2016 #8

    RWOne said: View Post
    A quick search got me here:

    Laptops :: ThinkPad X Series laptops :: X220i Laptop (ThinkPad) - Lenovo Support (US)

    Check that after hitting this link that you choose display and video graphics, and select win 10 x32 or x64 dependant on your installed version.

    Grab this Thinkpad monitor INF file and install.

    Considering that whatever driver MS is installing graphically is not working for you, I would then switch to win 7 as appropriate and grab the intel graphics driver, as they have one for win 7, and try to install that one if possible.

    The same goes for the chipset, if you want to try that as well.
    I exactly did that, but the monitor driver didn't solve anything.
    Also, I like Windows 10, and I don't want to go back to 7
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 464
    Windows 10 Pro (Mix of Builds) / Linux Mint
       18 Apr 2016 #9

    Ok, but now change to win 7 x86 or x64 and install the graphics (not chipset) driver on 10 and see what occurs ...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    19 Apr 2016 #10

    RWOne said: View Post
    Ok, but now change to win 7 x86 or x64 and install the graphics (not chipset) driver on 10 and see what occurs ...
    I did that but nothing changed.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
I have an Insignia 8" tablet that I use to listen to an internet radio station. WiFi connection to my 2Wire 3801HGV router. I have it powered by the AC charger. I have the display to turn off after 5 minutes, never to go into sleep mode when powered...
Plethora of duplicates in General Support
I migrated on the provisional basis (ability to wind back to Windows 7) very recently, and have noticed that there a lot of duplicate files in File Explorer, far more than would have been created by chance. Can someone please tell me if that is...
Hey everyone. I did a bit of research and this seems to have been an issue for a while, or has been in the past. Was upgrading to windows 10, I first had to restart my pc cause it was initially stuck on that preparing to install problem with the...
Did not happen before. But now it's this: 52490 Someone know how to fix this?
Hi, I have a Lenovo Thinkpad Edge with an Intel I5 processor, 64 bit with no hardware upgrades (stock). I had accidentally stepped on the screen (fell off my lap and then crunch) which was mangled beyond repair, so I have been using it similar to a...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:09.
Find Us