Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,752
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       07 Mar 2015 #1

    Driver for NVidia GeForce Go 7150M Card


    I went to the NVidia site, but all the drivers that show are for Linux. I tried searching for Windows, but none turned up.

    This is for an HP dv9700 laptop PC that's over five years old.

    Anyone got an URL for the proper site?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2.   My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,752
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       07 Mar 2015 #3
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Sep 2014
    Posts : 2,923
    Windows 10 Pro
       07 Mar 2015 #4

    Nvidia typically doesn't provide drivers for mobile embedded drivers. You have to get them from your vendor. This can get annoying when the vendor no longer supports it with newer OS's.

    You may be able to find "modified" drivers where they have modified the .inf files to allow it to install on normally unsupported chipsets at http://laptopvideo2go.com/
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Sep 2014
    Posts : 2,923
    Windows 10 Pro
       07 Mar 2015 #5

    Note: This is a Windows 7 driver from 2009.

    Dude said: View Post
    Try this Wynona
    Or here from the HP site

    http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/...636840/drivers
    This only appears to support Windows Vista.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,752
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       07 Mar 2015 #6

    Mystere said: View Post
    Nvidia typically doesn't provide drivers for mobile embedded drivers. You have to get them from your vendor. This can get annoying when the vendor no longer supports it with newer OS's.

    You may be able to find "modified" drivers where they have modified the .inf files to allow it to install on normally unsupported chipsets at http://laptopvideo2go.com/
    Yep and HP is the absolute worst; I just finished downloading from there but don't expect it to install since it's listed for Vista. Still, I'll give it a try.

    Next step is what you've pointed out. Or maybe I should just go there first.

    Thanks.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,752
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       07 Mar 2015 #7

    Mystere said: View Post
    Nvidia typically doesn't provide drivers for mobile embedded drivers. You have to get them from your vendor. This can get annoying when the vendor no longer supports it with newer OS's.

    You may be able to find "modified" drivers where they have modified the .inf files to allow it to install on normally unsupported chipsets at http://laptopvideo2go.com/
    Do I just download the first one in line? It seems I remember that NVidia drivers are kinda "all in one".
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Sep 2014
    Posts : 2,923
    Windows 10 Pro
       07 Mar 2015 #8

    Wynona said: View Post
    Do I just download the first one in line? It seems I remember that NVidia drivers are kinda "all in one".
    Well, you can try.. but upon further review, I'm not seeing much help for the 7150M there either.

    I did find some threads on the HP support forums for Windows 8, that may help. I wouldn't expect Windows 10 support right now.

    http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Noteboo...1972183/page/2
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,752
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       07 Mar 2015 #9

    Mystere said: View Post
    Well, you can try.. but upon further review, I'm not seeing much help for the 7150M there either.

    I did find some threads on the HP support forums for Windows 8, that may help. I wouldn't expect Windows 10 support right now.

    http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Noteboo...1972183/page/2
    I have what I thought were two identical laptops. One belongs to my son-in-law and the other is a dead one.
    SIL had pulled off all the labels, so I went by what's on the other one. Bottom line is that they're not exactly alike; I looked on the bottom and one is a dv9810us and the live one is a dv9715nr. So at this point I'm not sure what the display adapter is except that it is NVidia and may or may not be the same on both.

    I'm going to do some more research to be sure I don't throw out more invalid information when I'm asking for help.

    Thanks.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Sep 2014
    Posts : 2,923
    Windows 10 Pro
       07 Mar 2015 #10

    Well, according to this, it's still the 7150M

    http://www.cnet.com/products/hp-pavi...gb-hdd-series/

    They appear to be identical enough, just different memory and hard disk for the most part. Same CPU, same display, same motherboard, etc..

    I don't think you're going to find a Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 driver for this. Unfortunately. You may be able to get the Windows 7 NVidia driver that supports the 7150M to work by enabling compatibility mode on the installer and selecting Windows 7, but this won't have a WDM 1.2 driver so you probably won't get full effects out of it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Latest NVIDIA GeForce Graphics Drivers for Windows 10
NVIDIA Driver Downloads - Advanced Search Hot Fix NVIDIA DRIVER Version: 376.60 Release Date for Desktops and Notebooks: January 10th 2017 In Device Manager: 10.18.13.7660 Download: GeForce Hot Fix driver version 376.60 | NVIDIA This is...
Graphic Cards
Nvidia GeForce Go 7300 in Dell Inspiron 6400 - unable upgrade to W10
I have Windows 7 Professional running perfectly in a Dell Inspiron 6400 with a Samsung SSD. I was accepted by Microsoft for a free upgrade to Windows 10 but I now have a message from Microsoft telling me that I will be unable to upgrade due the OEM...
Graphic Cards
cannot enable scaling with HiDPI laptop - nVidia GeForce 750M
I just completed a dirty install of Win10 (10074) on top of Win8.1. I would have done a clean install but I was hoping not to have to reinstall all my Steam content. Looks like I'm going to have to do a clean install to solve this, but on the off...
General Support
GeForce Hotfix driver 350.05 - Much better than previous 349.XX
http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3647 I tested this drivers all day yesterday after a clean install of 10051 leaked/which is worse than 10049 but that is for another post.. I found these drivers to be much more stable, and...
Drivers and Hardware
Nvidia Geforce 7150m / 630 drivers x64 needed pls
anyone have a good driver for this slightly older vista-era laptop? the machine is a HP DV9917CL. I have it running with the old HP vista 64 driver. it works pretty good but I get some flashes and blackouts on certain aero functions . ...
Graphic Cards
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:42.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums