Windows 10: No sound [GTX 750 Ti + Supreme FX II in W10]


  1. Posts : 4
    W10 Pro 64 bits
       15 Mar 2016 #1

    No sound [GTX 750 Ti + Supreme FX II in W10]


    Hi.


    I've just installed a new GTX 750 Ti in my W10. My monitor is connected via DVI with an VGA-DVI adapter, and it has no sound capabilities, so I've been using the Supreme FX II sound card included in my ASUS Rampage Formula MoBo for audio.


    Now I have no audio at all.


    I suspect there's a problem between Nvidia High Definition Audio and (Supreme FX II) High Definition Audio.


    How can I tell Windows that sound has to go through my Sound Card and not via Graphic Card?


    Thanx a lot!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    15 Mar 2016 #2

    -Are you using the default Windows Sound Mixer, and can you bring that up?
    -In Control Panel, do you have a 'Sound' option, and what does selecting it do?
    -and even deeper, in Control Panel, 'Devices', what shows up as 'Audio inputs and outputs'?
    Last edited by DaveGrant01; 15 Mar 2016 at 23:30. Reason: -new info.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    16 Mar 2016 #3

    At a guess, if your sound controller doesn't appear in the Sound control panel, you have no drivers installed for it.

    I believe that the "Supreme FX II" is an ADI (Analog Devices) Soundmax device. I can't direct you to where to get the best available drivers for it. Unfortunately, ADI does not make them available for download directly from them. The latest drivers Asus offers (support.asus.com) are for Windows 7, from 2009. They might work.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 4
    W10 Pro 64 bits
    Thread Starter
       16 Mar 2016 #4

    DaveGrant01 said: View Post
    -Are you using the default Windows Sound Mixer, and can you bring that up?
    It states : Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)

    DaveGrant01 said: View Post
    -In Control Panel, do you have a 'Sound' option, and what does selecting it do?
    It states : Speakers (High Definition Audio Device) Default Device. I have disabled all Nvidia HDMI outputs there

    DaveGrant01 said: View Post
    -and even deeper, in Control Panel, 'Devices', what shows up as 'Audio inputs and outputs'?
    It only shows speakers, as 'Audio input and output device'


    Thanx for your reply!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 4
    W10 Pro 64 bits
    Thread Starter
       16 Mar 2016 #5

    bobkn said: View Post
    At a guess, if your sound controller doesn't appear in the Sound control panel, you have no drivers installed for it.

    I believe that the "Supreme FX II" is an ADI (Analog Devices) Soundmax device. I can't direct you to where to get the best available drivers for it. Unfortunately, ADI does not make them available for download directly from them. The latest drivers Asus offers (support.asus.com) are for Windows 7, from 2009. They might work.

    It was working before I changed Graphics Card.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    16 Mar 2016 #6

    Aaargh, sorry Derty, this is a bit beyond me . . . maybe someone else can be of help. I would recommend re-installing any available audio drivers you have, as they can get goofed. Good luck.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 4
    W10 Pro 64 bits
    Thread Starter
       16 Mar 2016 #7

    DaveGrant01 said: View Post
    Aaargh, sorry Derty, this is a bit beyond me . . . maybe someone else can be of help. I would recommend re-installing any available audio drivers you have, as they can get goofed. Good luck.
    Or maybe throw my USB hub through the window and buy a new one.

    Plugging Speakers USB power cable directly solved the problem.

    Sorry for opening such a silly post.

    Thanx anyway !!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    16 Mar 2016 #8

    Derty said: View Post
    Or maybe throw my USB hub through the window and buy a new one.

    Plugging Speakers USB power cable directly solved the problem.

    Sorry for opening such a silly post.

    Thanx anyway !!

    --Wow, glad you found what was able to fix things! :-)
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Greetings all, Does anyone know what happened to the SOUND RECORDER program that was in the previous versions of Windows? I was previously on Windows 7 and upgraded to 10 when the notifications came out last month. In W7 I was able to open...
The Conexant HD Audio Sound Driver was replace by High Definition Audio Device after i update to Windows 10 Home Version 1511 from 1011 5509355094 Now if i want to plug my earphones to the left side of the computer where the audio jack socket is...
Hi, I just bought this sound card and installed drivers for Windows 10. (and a crapton of bloatware with UI of Win XP media player...) Everything works well except one thing: when I change the sound (or mute) I don't see Windows 10 volume bar. I...
Yesterday my audio worked fine on both my speakers on my laptop (Dell Inspiron/N5110) and headphones. Then all of a sudden they stopped working. I have made sure that all the volumes are not muted. I did a troubleshoot on playing audio and it said...
When I first went from W8.1 to W10, everything worked except the sound. Now after several updates, the icon speaker in task bar has an x by it, and when I hover mouse over icon the message states that "no audio output device is installed." When I...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:26.
Find Us