Windows 10: How to install the New Intel Driver

  1.    24 Feb 2016 #1

    How to install the New Intel Driver


    Hey, guys! I am having trouble downloading Intel's new beta driver. This one: Download Intel 7/8.1/10* [15.40].

    A guy on Swtor recommended it for me. I've been having difficulties with games for the past few months including Swtor. He said I should try the beta driver. The problem is, whenever I try to install it, a ZIp file comes up. I don't really now how they work. The person told me to press extract, but then nothing happens. The file is on my computer, but I don't know what to do next. I have an Intel 4600.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    24 Feb 2016 #2

    I did not mean to mark this as solved.

    edit: nevermind, I found the button to unmark as solved.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    24 Feb 2016 #3

    Masterofcards said: View Post
    Hey, guys! I am having trouble downloading Intel's new beta driver. This one: Download Intel 7/8.1/10* [15.40].

    A guy on Swtor recommended it for me. I've been having difficulties with games for the past few months including Swtor. He said I should try the beta driver. The problem is, whenever I try to install it, a ZIp file comes up. I don't really now how they work. The person told me to press extract, but then nothing happens. The file is on my computer, but I don't know what to do next. I have an Intel 4600.
    A Zip archive acts like a folder (in Windows 7 and later). Just double click it, and you'll see a folder. You can extract the folder by left clicking and dragging it wherever. (The desktop is OK.) After the folder is extracted, you'll find a Setup file inside it.

    I hope the new drivers help.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    24 Feb 2016 #4

    I found setup.exe. When I clicked it, what popped up was a small window with an "x" on it, and nothing happened.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    24 Feb 2016 #5

    Masterofcards said: View Post
    I found setup.exe. When I clicked it, what popped up was a small window with an "x" on it, and nothing happened.
    Did you extract the stuff first? You may not be able to run setup.exe from within the Zip file.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    25 Feb 2016 #6

    Well, I clicked the "extract" button from within the Zip file, and the stuff were on my desktop. Does that count?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    25 Feb 2016 #7

    Guys, I found these instructions:How to Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 &.... I got it installed, but adjusting the shadows in Swtor makes the game crash, and high shaders giver characters black eyes, but that might be just a problem with the game. Otherwise, I think I'm good.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    25 Feb 2016 #8

    Masterofcards said: View Post
    Well, I clicked the "extract" button from within the Zip file, and the stuff were on my desktop. Does that count?
    Yes.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Hello guys, I need help for my new build. from a fresh install of windows 10 i try to install the drver for my IGPU Intel HD 530. each time i do that i get a BSOD with this message: VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE igdkmd64.sys Or sometimes it's...
I upgraded both my desktop and laptop to Windows 10 recently. The desktop's upgrade went smoothly; NVIDIA already has Windows 10-compatible drivers. However, my laptop with Intel HD Graphics is a different story. I've tried the Dell-certified...
I have an Acer Aspire XC603G Desktop running Windows 10 Home 64-bit. I went to the Intel website and downloaded the utility that detects which drivers I need. The utility detects a different driver than my system detects. Should I get the driver...
This one posed no problems switching cache modes and restarting so that's a nice improvement in stability for the new RST release. However, AS SSD benchmark doesn't seem to be affected by the cache mode, nor can I see any change in performance,...
Intel Driver Problem in Graphic Cards
I am using a laptop so I my only option is to use the provided drivers by the manufacturer for Windows 8.1 (there are no Windows 10 drivers available at the download support site) This error shows 31241 after this "turn off the display"...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:15.
Find Us