no HDMI signal


  1. Posts : 66
    windows 10
       #1

    no HDMI signal


    I have an ASUS monitor and ASUS desktop with a graphics card not on board graphics. I have an HDMI cable from the monitor to the video card. Today for the first time while on the internet my screen froze and then went blue saying no HDMI signal. I tried everything but still no signal. I then tried my VGA cable and all was working. I then tried my HDMI cable again and it worked until this afternoon when I was watching a video on the internet and the screen froze and said no HDMI signal. also when this happened I could hear my fan running loudly. Any suggestions on what the problem could be?
      My Computer

  2. jds63's Avatar
    Posts : 3,139
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       #2

    Happen to have another HDMI cable to try ? Chances it can be bad or connections on either end.
      My Computer

  3. CountMike's Avatar
    Posts : 16,617
    W10 Insider + Linux
       #3

    GPU might be overheating.
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 66
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #4

    I have switched the cable and seems to be working for now.
      My Computer

  5. jds63's Avatar
    Posts : 3,139
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       #5

    bha19 said:
    I have switched the cable and seems to be working for now.
    O.k. let's see how it goes, hopefully it was this and not hardware related. You can use this to check and monitor your temps for awhile, pick the appropriate one 32 or 64 bit http://www.hwinfo.com/download.php
    Guess i missed the part with fan running fast ,assuming you meant the Graphics Card Fan not the Case Fan or the CPU Fan ?
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 66
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #6

    jds63 said:
    O.k. let's see how it goes, hopefully it was this and not hardware related. You can use this to check and monitor your temps for awhile, pick the appropriate one 32 or 64 bit http://www.hwinfo.com/download.php
    Guess i missed the part with fan running fast ,assuming you meant the Graphics Card Fan not the Case Fan or the CPU Fan ?
    1) not sure which fan, but does seem quieter since I switched. It seems that the fan was running fast at times before.
    2) I installed and ran hwinfo but did not see any red flags. I assume that is what happens if something is wrong.
      My Computer


  7. jds63's Avatar
    Posts : 3,139
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       #7

    bha19 said:
    1) not sure which fan, but does seem quieter since I switched. It seems that the fan was running fast at times before.
    2) I installed and ran hwinfo but did not see any red flags. I assume that is what happens if something is wrong.
    If you can and this should be done at least monthly, open the case and clean all fans and other dust from case with canned air. Also monitor temps and fan speeds awhile to see if any changes, especially when you hear fan again. Can use this free program and there are others you can use HWMonitor, i find this one HWInfo shows more.

    Would be good to post what you may of felt was fine for temps. so we can see to (screen capture).
      My Computer


 

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums