display driver stopped responding (Kernal Mode) something

  1. Jay2OR's Avatar
    Posts : 13
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
       #1

    display driver stopped responding (Kernal Mode) something


    Hi i keep getting this error

    i got this image from google i have the latest driver version(361.43) and i still get it just got it ~30 mins ago

    display driver stopped responding (Kernal Mode) something Attached Files
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 654
    windows 10 Pro
       #2

    Your DM Logcollector Tool does not have dumpfile(s) inside.

    Please check if your system is configured for collecting dumpfiles. (
    6. To have Windows Create a Small memory dump (Minidump)File on BSOD
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/174459-dump-files-configure-windows-create-bsod.html
    If you are using CCcleaner or similar Apps please uncheck deleting dumpfiles option.

    But from the screenshot your have a TDR problem.

    TDR Error Messaging

    Throughout the TDR process (that is, the process of detecting and recovering from situations where a GPU stops operating), the desktop is unresponsive and thus unavailable to the end user. In the final stages of recovery, a brief screen flash occurs that is similar to the briefscreen flash that occurs when the end user changes the screen resolution. After the operating system has successfully recovered the desktop, the following informational message appears to the end user.



    TDRevents can be caused by many different problems. First off though, if your computer has been bought 'off-the-shelf' and is brand new, then you should think about talking to where you bought it from.


    Common issues that can cause a TDR:


    • Incorrect memory timings or voltages


    • Insufficient/problematic PSU
    • Corrupt driver install
    • Overheating
    • Unstable overclocks (GPU or CPU)
    • Incorrect MB voltages (generally NB/SB)
    • Faulty graphics card
    • A badly written driver or piece of software, but this is an unlikely cause in most cases
    • Driver conflicts
    • Another possibility that people tend not to like to hear, is that you are simply asking too much of your graphics card. What I mean by this, is that if you have your settings too high and the graphics card struggles and falls to very low FPS, then something graphically complex occurs, the GPU may not be able to respond and a TDR error may occur.
















      My Computer

  3. axe0's Avatar
    Posts : 14,593
    Windows 10 Pro
       #3

    lifetec said:
    Your DM Logcollector Tool does not have dumpfile(s) inside.

    Please check if your system is configured for collecting dumpfiles. (
    6. To have Windows Create a Small memory dump (Minidump)File on BSOD
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/174459-dump-files-configure-windows-create-bsod.html
    If you are using CCcleaner or similar Apps please uncheck deleting dumpfiles option.
    That is because the drivers have had a succesful TDR within the amount of time to do so (max 30s), that doesn't crash (bluescreen) a system.

    TDR = Timeout Detection and Recovery, the Windows mechanism for attempting to recover the display drivers when they don't respond.
    Last edited by axe0; 09 Jan 2016 at 11:13.
      My Computers

  4. Jay2OR's Avatar
    Posts : 13
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
    Thread Starter
       #4

    axe0 said:
    That is because the drivers have had a succesful TDR within the amount of time to do so (max 30s), that doesn't crash (bluescreen) a system.
    Yes i think i posted in the wrong section i don't get blue screen or anything but this keeps popping up like every 10 mins or so
      My Computer

  5. Dude's Avatar
    Posts : 14,150
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       #5

    Hello Jay2OR, do you have Game Dvr enabled in the Xbox app? That causes TDR errors, disable it if you do. I have used it and started getting that same error. Disabled the Game DVR, and the error is gone.
      My Computers

  6. Jay2OR's Avatar
    Posts : 13
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
    Thread Starter
       #6

    Dude said:
    Hello Jay2OR, do you have Game Dvr enabled in the Xbox app? That causes TDR errors, disable it if you do. I have used it and started getting that same error. Disabled the Game DVR, and the error is gone.
    Hi Dude, yh it was enabled just went ahead and disabled it. So far so good have not got the message yet, i'll see how it goes and post update, Thank you.
      My Computer


  7. Dude's Avatar
    Posts : 14,150
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       #7

    You're welcome. I had that and it has not happened since I disabled it. Its been a few weeks now.
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 48
    windows 10 pro X64
       #8

    check method 3 in this link, it solved the issue for me
    How to Fix the Error | OSToto
      My Computer


 

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:10.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums