Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1.    14 Nov 2015 #11
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 138
    Windows 10 Pro - 15063 / 7 Pro
    Thread Starter

    The monitor is connected with a Belkin HDMI to VGA adapter because the VGA port on my mobo is dead. I didn't touch any settings on the monitor itself, and it has worked with this configuration on Windows 8.1, and even 7.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    14 Nov 2015 #12
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Newport, South Wales, UK
    Posts : 1,891
    Windows 10 Pro x64 FCU - XP/Vista/Win7/Win8.1 in VM for testing

    Have you tried the additional options under "My Display is not shown ..." as the screenshot you posted only shows a single monitor.

    Also check the cable between the missing monitor and the computer
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    14 Nov 2015 #13
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    NW Florida
    Posts : 9,638
    Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro Insider

    Both should be connected to your card, not the motherboard ports. If you turn the monitor off then turn it back on, what message do you get?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    14 Nov 2015 #14
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 138
    Windows 10 Pro - 15063 / 7 Pro
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
    Both should be connected to your card, not the motherboard ports. If you turn the monitor off then turn it back on, what message do you get?
    It is connected to the card. The only monitor ports on the PC (for me) is the Graphics Card. When it is turned off and on again, it just goes to sleep. (It's a Samsung Monitor, so it searches for an active input on either DVI or VGA then goes into sleep when it is unsuccessful.)
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    14 Nov 2015 #15
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    NW Florida
    Posts : 9,638
    Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro Insider

    I'm not sure then. On my monitors, I have to set the monitor for the type of input it is going to receive. It sounds like there is some problem between the card and the monitor. As @Barman58 said, I would check the cable and connections between the card and the Monitors. If you want to check, from the monitor ends, switch the cables and see which one it detects. It seems to me that if the secondary monitor was physically receiving a signal from the card, it wouldn't go to sleep.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    14 Nov 2015 #16
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 138
    Windows 10 Pro - 15063 / 7 Pro
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
    I'm not sure then. On my monitors, I have to set the monitor for the type of input it is going to receive. It sounds like there is some problem between the card and the monitor. As @Barman58 said, I would check the cable and connections between the card and the Monitors. If you want to check, from the monitor ends, switch the cables and see which one it detects. It seems to me that if the secondary monitor was physically receiving a signal from the card, it wouldn't go to sleep.
    I used three different VGA cables and two different HDMI/VGA adapters, and that didn't work. The only monitor I can get to work is my monitor connected with DVI.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    14 Nov 2015 #17
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    NW Florida
    Posts : 9,638
    Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro Insider

    I'm really out of ideas. It seems to me, the monitor is not receiving a signal, but I would download the Nvidia drivers from Nvidia (http://www.geforce.com/drivers), uninstall the older drivers and reinstall the new ones, just to make sure. Other than that, I don't have any other ideas.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    14 Nov 2015 #18
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 138
    Windows 10 Pro - 15063 / 7 Pro
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
    I'm really out of ideas. It seems to me, the monitor is not receiving a signal, but I would download the Nvidia drivers from Nvidia (http://www.geforce.com/drivers), uninstall the older drivers and reinstall the new ones, just to make sure. Other than that, I don't have any other ideas.
    How do I go ahead and uninstall the graphics driver?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    14 Nov 2015 #19
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Texas
    Posts : 10,990
    Windows 10 Pro X64

    Have a look here, this works for Win 10 too

    NVIDIA Drivers - Avoid Problems - Windows 7 Help Forums
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    14 Nov 2015 #20
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    NW Florida
    Posts : 9,638
    Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro Insider

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude View Post
    Have a look here, this works for Win 10 too

    NVIDIA Drivers - Avoid Problems - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Good suggestion. Why didn't I think of that? You won't be able to make the settings in Windows Update, but it should work well. That's the way I always do mine.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows 10 doesn't detect that my laptop has a Bluetooth device.
Just realised that, since I upgraded from Win 7 64 Home Premium to Win 10, it has not detected the laptop's Bluetooth device. It doesn't even feature as a device in Device Manager ... not even one with a problem.
Drivers and Hardware
Cannot enable/detect 3rd monitor in Windows 10
I need help from the community. I've got a three monitor setup that is no longer working as expected. Monitor #3 is no longer showing up in "Customize your display" My setup is as follows Nvidia GTX 570 : Monitor #1, Monitor #2 Onboard Intel...
Graphic Cards
Had Dual-Screen setup, Crashed during Project64, doesn't detect HDMI
I have a dual-screen setup, my laptop screen and a monitor hooked up via HDMI. I was opening Project64, a Nintendo 64 emulator for Windows, when my system crashed and forced me to restart. Upon restarting, my computer no longer detects my monitor...
Graphic Cards
Solved Nvidia driver doesn't detect the graphic hardware
I tried to install Nvidia driver but it always says the driver didn't detect any compatible graphic hardware ?
Graphic Cards
Can't detect my (good) gpu
Hello, so 2 days ago i instantly downloaded win10, when it was finished i started checkong my stuff if everything when alright. Everything was ok but when i wanted to play a game i had very low fps, i discovered that my main gpu couldn't be...
Graphic Cards
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:36.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums