Windows 10: why can't i use my drivers for my catalyst control center

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    04 Nov 2015 #1

    why can't i use my drivers for my catalyst control center


    I have very limited control over my adjustments for video with window 10. Any ideas why microsoft left out my ability to enable my catalyst control center? I have heard that there are ways to force it in. I just do not like having to resort to that. That is just one of my pet peeves about windows 10.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2.    04 Nov 2015 #2

    Try this, I had a similar issue with AMD drivers on Windows 10
    How to: Install Legacy Drivers on Windows 10 (W... | Community
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3.    04 Nov 2015 #3

    Why can't I use Windows 10 on my 386 processor? At some point the software and hardware companies have to stop supporting older hardware. And it isn't Microsoft responsibility to provide drivers for every piece of hardware anyway, it is the hardware manufacturers responsibility - so your complaint is really against AMD for not providing driver support - but it's just easier to blame Microsoft for everything.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4.    04 Nov 2015 #4

    NavyLCDR said: View Post
    Why can't I use Windows 10 on my 386 processor? At some point the software and hardware companies have to stop supporting older hardware. And it isn't Microsoft responsibility to provide drivers for every piece of hardware anyway, it is the hardware manufacturers responsibility - so your complaint is really against AMD for not providing driver support - but it's just easier to blame Microsoft for everything.

    Well that will really help the OP with his issue I'm sure
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5.    04 Nov 2015 #5

    gedstar said: View Post
    Well that will really help the OP with his issue I'm sure
    The OP did not ask for help, and I answered the question that the OP asked:

    djhplm said: View Post
    I have very limited control over my adjustments for video with window 10. Any ideas why microsoft left out my ability to enable my catalyst control center? I have heard that there are ways to force it in. I just do not like having to resort to that. That is just one of my pet peeves about windows 10.
    #1 - Microsoft did not leave it out of Windows 10. It is the hardware manufacturer's responsibility to provide Windows 10 certified drivers for their hardware and catalyst control center is part of the AMD driver package.

    #2 - The manufacturer did not supply a Windows 10 certified driver because at some point the hardware manufacturers just can't keep supporting older hardware - at some point the hardware will become obsolete.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. spapakons's Avatar
    Posts : 2,169
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1607 (AE build 14393.693)
       04 Nov 2015 #6

    Just install latest Windows 8 or 7 drivers and you will also get Catalyst Control Center. It is only included with AMD's own drivers (OEM) not with Microsoft's generic drivers. The latter are only for basic stuff. For anything more advanced you should always install OEM drivers and avoid generic Microsoft drivers when possible.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7.    04 Nov 2015 #7

    djhplm said: View Post
    I have very limited control over my adjustments for video with window 10. Any ideas why microsoft left out my ability to enable my catalyst control center? I have heard that there are ways to force it in. I just do not like having to resort to that. That is just one of my pet peeves about windows 10.
    Err... I (and many others) are running Windows 10 and using an AMD card and CCC works just fine....

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	2 
Size:	227.1 KB 
ID:	46325

    Not exactly sure what's going on but it ain't Win 10 And a CCC compatibility issue. It works just fine.

    As for WHQL certified drivers, there actually are some for Windows 10 (15.7.1) though the latest beta drivers are 15.10
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8.    04 Nov 2015 #8

    sygnus21 said: View Post
    Err... I (and may others) are running Windows 10 and using an AMD card and CCC works just fine....

    Not exactly sure what's going on but it ain't Win 10 And a CCC compatibility issue. It works just fine.
    It depends upon which HD Radeon video card/chip is in the computer. Older models (like my Radeon HD 4520) require manual installation of Windows 7/8/8.1 drivers to get full functionality of Catalyst Control Center
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9.    04 Nov 2015 #9

    Yes/no...

    CCC works in all facets of AMD's drivers. Been that way since ATI days. But what the OP "might" have to do is search for older legacy drivers here - Previous AMD Embedded GPU and APU Drivers

    And if the OP's system is a laptop, they'll need to visit the vendor's site and find the drivers there.

    And define manual installation, because clicking the exe works very well.

    At any rate the other issue could be running such old hardware on a new OS. This always tends to cause issues, so...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10.    04 Nov 2015 #10

    sygnus21 said: View Post
    And define manual installation, because clicking the exe works very well.
    Not on mine. I had to go to the Device Manager entry for the graphic adapter, uninstall the existing driver and install the legacy driver by selecting Browse my computer - select from list of hardware - have disc - and select the INF file.

    Solved ATI Radeon HD 4200 driver for 64-bit Windows 10? - Windows 10 Forums
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
Hi, I am having an extremely strange bug where If I try to use other browsers such as Firefox, Chrome or even Edge. It will either cause "Display Driver Stopped Responding and has recovered" or a BSOD. Chrome will cause these errors no matter...
Hi, I'm running an MSI 280 Gaming 3G in my desktop. I never had trouble installing drivers until I upgraded to 10 from 8.1. I am now unable to install Catalyst Control Center. It gets stuck, as shown in the attached picture, during the...
Just as the title says, I'm able to install the drivers but not CCC which I kinda need. I use overscaling for my tv that it's plugged into via hdmi.I've tried using DDU for fresh install with the 2 most recent drivers for it in compatibility mode...
It was showing up fine in the past, but yesterday I installed the UX theme program, and after that, I noticed that right clicking on my desktop no longer gave me the option to open the Catalyst Control Center, nor does clicking on the little icon in...
I have a ATI Saphire 5770 graphics card I need to configure thru the Catalyst Control Center to use Eyeinfinty for 3 24in monitors so I can race online (Iracing.com). Just downloaded and am running the latest TP 10041 ANyone tried the Catalyst...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:07.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums