Windows 10: NVIDIA GeForce 610, upgraded version 355.98, now system crashes?!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

  1. Posts : 403
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
       25 Oct 2015 #11

    This is a known issue with Fermi architecture GPU's and windows 10, the problem lies with TDR_DELAY which recovers the GPU after the driver fails to respond, we have to wait for a fix unfortunately (fermi GPU's are 645 and below), there are many with this problem, including myself.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 2,232
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1607 (AE build 14393.1198)
       25 Oct 2015 #12

    I have Asus GT620-1GD3 (nVidia GeForce GT 620 1GB DDR3) and didn't have any problem. Isn't my model Fermi? I have Forceware 358.50 installed (latest for 600 series) directly downloaded from nVidia's site. I don't trust Windows Update.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 26,381
    Windows10Pro 64Bit - Build 14393.1198
       25 Oct 2015 #13

    I also have the exact same release from Nvidia 358.50 on my GT640 4GB OEM card, with no problems. But I will be updating my gpu within the next few months, looking at a GTX960 4GB SSClock version.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    25 Oct 2015 #14

    MrNeeds said: View Post
    This is a known issue with Fermi architecture GPU's and windows 10, the problem lies with TDR_DELAY which recovers the GPU after the driver fails to respond, we have to wait for a fix unfortunately (fermi GPU's are 645 and below), there are many with this problem, including myself.

    I too have this issue once in awhile with my 660 Ti, although besides being an annoyance it's not an issue really. It only seems to come up when I'm at idle or coming out of hibernate (I don't use sleep do to the driver crashing and not recovering correctly, forcing a reboot).
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 403
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
       25 Oct 2015 #15

    fracking4oil said: View Post
    I too have this issue once in awhile with my 660 Ti, although besides being an annoyance it's not an issue really. It only seems to come up when I'm at idle or coming out of hibernate (I don't use sleep do to the driver crashing and not recovering correctly, forcing a reboot).
    disable fast boot if you have UEFI BIOS, that's been an issue as well.

    spapakons said: View Post
    I have Asus GT620-1GD3 (nVidia GeForce GT 620 1GB DDR3) and didn't have any problem. Isn't my model Fermi? I have Forceware 358.50 installed (latest for 600 series) directly downloaded from nVidia's site. I don't trust Windows Update.
    OldMike65 said: View Post
    I also have the exact same release from Nvidia 358.50 on my GT640 4GB OEM card, with no problems. But I will be updating my gpu within the next few months, looking at a GTX960 4GB SSClock version.
    It doesn't affect every Fermi card for some reason, seems to be an unlucky draw for most. But both you two have cards that are Fermi 2 (second generation re-brands of Fermi 5 series equivalents (620 GT is rebranded 530 GT, 640 GT is rebranded 545 GT))
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    25 Oct 2015 #16

    MrNeeds said: View Post
    disable fast boot if you have UEFI BIOS, that's been an issue as well.
    It is and has been disabled, makes no difference.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 2,232
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1607 (AE build 14393.1198)
       26 Oct 2015 #17

    In the topic, you mention Forceware 355.98 This is not the latest version, as far as I know, so why don't you update your drivers to 358.50 (latest) to see if your problem is fixed?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 26,381
    Windows10Pro 64Bit - Build 14393.1198
       26 Oct 2015 #18

    Their is also a newer version released than that, on Nvidia's web page and I also think Brink posted a link to it too.
    http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answe...-driver-358.59

    Geforce Hotfix driver 358.59 don't know if this would help or not.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 2,232
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1607 (AE build 14393.1198)
       26 Oct 2015 #19

    Is it final version or Beta? I just checked, both European (www.nvidia.co.uk) and US (www.nvidia.com) sites give Forceware 358.50 WHQL as the latest driver for either GT 610 or GT 620. Anyway, the point is to update to latest driver and see if your problem is fixed. Forceware 355.98 is old.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 26,381
    Windows10Pro 64Bit - Build 14393.1198
       26 Oct 2015 #20

    spapakons said: View Post
    Is it final version or Beta? I just checked, both European (www.nvidia.co.uk) and US (www.nvidia.com) sites give Forceware 358.50 WHQL as the latest driver for either GT 610 or GT 620. Anyway, the point is to update to latest driver and see if your problem is fixed. Forceware 355.98 is old.
    Just click on the link I provided for 358.59 Nvidia does not say its a beta.

    GeForce Hotfix driver 358.59 that's all they report on this, that I can see.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Related Threads
So I just updated to windows 10. and first thing i go to do is turn up my saturation, nvidia control panel doesnt work, i go to my device manager looks like my graphics card isnt even installed, i install it and restart pc, nvidia control panel...
I have a Sony Vaio using a Nvidia GeForce 310M graphics driver. I run Windows 7. It is not compatible with Windows 10 and I can't upgrade. Sony are going to take forever to update the Windows 8 drivers so I'm not holding my breath for an early...
Anyone know any good solution or a compatible driver for my old ge force 7350 LE work with Windows 10 Nvidia do not want to update the driver :mad: Thanks
what is this update and it fails to install.
Hi Guys Just installed Windows 10 on my work computer and the NVIDIA GeForce 7200 GS card I have is not insalled now and its not even detected. I tried the latest GeForce driver and not found. Tried scanning for drivers on the NVIDIA site....
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:58.
Find Us