Windows 10: Monitor HDMI's not working

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    13 Sep 2015 #1

    Monitor HDMI's not working


    I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not, sorry if it's not. My grandma has a 50" 1080P LG flatscreen TV that's just a few years old, and a year or two back the HDMI's stopped working so she's just been using the three input adapter (not sure what it's called. Green, blue and red cable) to get 1080i. Well she wants Netflix but needs HDMI for all modern devices but none of the HDMI's work. So she doesn't want to bother with fixing it and will just buy a new cheap TV with HDMI. She was going to let me have the 50" LG. So my main question is does anyone know why the HDMI's would stop working? If you plug anything into them it isn't recognized.
    Really appreciate the help!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    13 Sep 2015 #2

    Think it's a LG 47LE5400
    I'm guessing it needs a new board, are those hard to install?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 15,207
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64
       13 Sep 2015 #3

    If the HDMI controller goes out (all HDMI stop working), then it will require a Main board. Likely a $450-$500 repair. That model, the board likely unavailable. After the model# there is a product code (IE: 47LE5400-UC.AUSWLHR). If you give me that number I will give you the Main board part#, and you can see if you find one on Ebay, for instance. Often boards are sold on Ebay because the LCD panel was damaged somehow. A Guy
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    13 Sep 2015 #4

    A Guy said: View Post
    If the HDMI controller goes out (all HDMI stop working), then it will require a Main board. Likely a $450-$500 repair. That model, the board likely unavailable. After the model# there is a product code (IE: 47LE5400-UC.AUSWLHR). If you give me that number I will give you the Main board part#, and you can see if you find one on Ebay, for instance. Often boards are sold on Ebay because the LCD panel was damaged somehow. A Guy
    Hey "A Guy"! Thanks for the response! I'm going to my grandmas today and will be bringing the TV home, I can send you the model # later. Thank you so much for the help! Really appreciate it!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    14 Sep 2015 #5

    So I brought the TV home and... I got one HDMI to work. Not sure why it started working but it did! Only difference from the others is that it's labeled HDMI/DVI. Getting the others to work would be nice so I can plug all my devices in (or at least 2). The model is actually 46LD550-UB.AUSMLFR
    Thanks for the help!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 15,207
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64
       15 Sep 2015 #6

    Here you go, it's known as the BPR Total, but it is the main board. This one seems to be available, just do a google for the part#. Probably run you around $200

    EBU60851801

    You might just look for a HDMI switch (multiple HDMI inputs, one output). Unless you plan to use more then one HDMI at a time, they even make switches with remotes. IE:

    Amazon.com: EnjoyGadgets EGHS5S 5 In 1 Out Remote Control 1080p Auto Switching 5-Port HDMI Switcher Selector with Support 3D: Electronics

    A Guy
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 705
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       15 Sep 2015 #7

    Why does the TV to PC need to go via HDMI to receive Netflix?

    I don't actually own a TV. Everything goes through monitors. Why is HDMI function so important if Netflix doesn't need it?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    15 Sep 2015 #8

    WhyMe said: View Post
    Why does the TV to PC need to go via HDMI to receive Netflix?

    I don't actually own a TV. Everything goes through monitors. Why is HDMI function so important if Netflix doesn't need it?
    HDMI is required for HD (1080p) quality streaming.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 705
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       15 Sep 2015 #9

    ^^^^^^
    Thanks!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    16 Sep 2015 #10

    A Guy said: View Post
    Here you go, it's known as the BPR Total, but it is the main board. This one seems to be available, just do a google for the part#. Probably run you around $200

    EBU60851801

    You might just look for a HDMI switch (multiple HDMI inputs, one output). Unless you plan to use more then one HDMI at a time, they even make switches with remotes. IE:

    Amazon.com: EnjoyGadgets EGHS5S 5 In 1 Out Remote Control 1080p Auto Switching 5-Port HDMI Switcher Selector with Support 3D: Electronics

    A Guy
    Awesome! Thanks "A Guy"! Would a HDMI switch interfere with the quality, response time or cause lag?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
Hey! So I'm running my audio via HDMI from my graphics card and it plays through the speakers built into my monitor. When I first did the Win 10 update I had no audio whatsoever, and followed some suggestions on online forums that lead me to...
Hi All, I've searched and found similar problems to mine, but none of those solutions worked so I'm reaching out here. I currently have an Asus Vivopc desktop that I use as an htpc and it is connected directly to my LG LB5800 tv. The PC has...
i upgraded from windows 7 home premium. i have amd radeon hd 5650 installed on my laptop and i use to connect my laptop to my L.G tv through hdmi for games and movies. now i have upgraded to windows 10 home. tried installing the newest windows 10...
This happened on the previous build as well but I was hoping it would be fixed with the newer build. I have a AMD R9 280X GPU which I connect with an HDMI cable to my one monitor with built in speakers (ASUS). Any time I restart or shut down my...
TV through HDMI is not working :( in Drivers and Hardware
Hi, I just installed the clean 9841 from official site (dual boot Win 8) (don't know where you get 9860 though). My issue is that MY TV out though HDMI is not working, I saw while searching on that some people have issue with mous on TV so it...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:35.
Find Us