Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 252
    windows 7
       04 Sep 2015 #1

    Haswell HD4200 - no HDMI driver - how to force install?


    guys i have a lenovo yoga 2 with haswell i5-4202y, HD4200, and neither the Audio driver for the device [conexant... very buggy drivers] nor the Intel install package result in a HDMI Audio Device being installed.
    At one time, I think it was under Windows 8.1, it had such. Now, no such luck.

    I just downloaded and installed a relatively new driver package from Intel dated 8/12, but it still did not install HDMI device even though the log shows otherwise [the Intel log I mean.]

    Regular audio via speakers and/or headphone jack works ok.

    any way to force the install?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jun 2015
    N.Y.
    Posts : 3,005
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       04 Sep 2015 #2

    HD4200 a AMD/ATI your Video adapter ? If so issue with Windows 10 drivers i saw, meaning no update for this legacy card.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 252
    windows 7
       04 Sep 2015 #3

    jds63 said: View Post
    HD4200 a AMD/ATI your Video adapter ? If so issue with Windows 10 drivers i saw, meaning no update for this legacy card.
    no. Intel HD
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Jun 2015
    N.Y.
    Posts : 3,005
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       04 Sep 2015 #4

    cognus said: View Post
    no. Intel HD
    Any number after Intel HD ? You list your specs as Windows 7, but you did upgrade to 10 ? Yes, HDMI audio should come from the Display Adapter drivers, not Sound device drivers.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 252
    windows 7
       05 Sep 2015 #5

    sheesh its in the TITLE: HD4200.
    Windows 10. I have a lot of systems and the one in question is transient - about to go to a new owner
    There is no HDMI driver that I can find. none listed in sound devices in Dev Manager, none shown configurable in Control Panel/Sound
    how to force? or can I load a 3rd party one? I would imagine if the conexant part has a standard DAC there are 3rd party ones that might work

    jds63 said: View Post
    Any number after Intel HD ? You list your specs as Windows 7, but you did upgrade to 10 ? Yes, HDMI audio should come from the Display Adapter drivers, not Sound device drivers.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Jun 2015
    N.Y.
    Posts : 3,005
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       05 Sep 2015 #6

    cognus said: View Post
    sheesh its in the TITLE: HD4200.
    Windows 10. I have a lot of systems and the one in question is transient - about to go to a new owner
    There is no HDMI driver that I can find. none listed in sound devices in Dev Manager, none shown configurable in Control Panel/Sound
    how to force? or can I load a 3rd party one? I would imagine if the conexant part has a standard DAC there are 3rd party ones that might work
    As told, HDMI Audio device will be with this HD4200. I would input my information here and check for updated drivers for Intel HD4200, plus setup for this HDMI audio should be in the display properties under Intel HD on your system and in Sound Properties in Control panel http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/prod...Name=Downloads
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 252
    windows 7
       07 Sep 2015 #7

    No, though the log for the Intel Installer shows the HDMI audio device installed [in fact, first in the list], it is not.
    no HDMI device in Dev Mgr.
    Cannot use lenovo audio driver, Conexant, due to incompatibility with Windows 10 [been that way for the last year].

    How do I force install of a HDMI device? any...


    jds63 said: View Post
    As told, HDMI Audio device will be with this HD4200. I would input my information here and check for updated drivers for Intel HD4200, plus setup for this HDMI audio should be in the display properties under Intel HD on your system and in Sound Properties in Control panel http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/prod...Name=Downloads
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Jun 2015
    N.Y.
    Posts : 3,005
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       07 Sep 2015 #8

    cognus said: View Post
    No, though the log for the Intel Installer shows the HDMI audio device installed [in fact, first in the list], it is not.
    no HDMI device in Dev Mgr.
    Cannot use lenovo audio driver, Conexant, due to incompatibility with Windows 10 [been that way for the last year].

    How do I force install of a HDMI device? any...
    Further assist you better can you give exact Lenovo Yoga 2 model as comes up with a few models after Yoga 2 . It is the Thinkpad Yoga 2 ? I come up with new Windows 10 drivers for Conexant and Intel Graphics driver, but was not sure if system was 32bit or 64bit as the site has both for certain Yoga 2.

    As you are saying Conexant is not compatible but i see a new driver have you tried this update plus one for graphics and whenever you upgrade to another OS you should be checking here for all Windows 10 system updates that are important for your laptop, besides ones you are working with now. No way force HDMI audio in there, if system has it, it should be there even i believe with generic windows driver. Install correct drivers and we will see, plus give exact model if need more help.

    http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-yoga-series-laptops/thinkpad-yoga


    http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-yoga-series-laptops/thinkpad-yoga/downloads/DS104304


    Here is example on my system of HDMI. Top is Graphics card control panel setup Digital Audio mattering to which connector is used will show if it's capable, need to also select it in Sound Properties as you see on mine not used i have 2 HDMI ports, iam using Displayport without audio. In Device manager it's shown from the Graphics card in Sound,Video and Game controllers as NVIDIA High Definition.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	221.9 KB 
ID:	36337
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 252
    windows 7
       07 Sep 2015 #9

    Yoga 2 11, Haswell i5-4202y, Intel HD4200 is one, which does have Conexant device onboard. Neither the driver that Lenovo offers nor the one that will replace it via wupdate is compatible. This is not new news. [I actually have conexant on another laptop also - not my fave.] Reference to one of the issues here but there are epic threads on MS Answers that go back many months in the preview stage. Still not solved. Sound problems in Windows 10? Here are some workarounds

    At any rate, I do not know if the above is actually related to the non-existence of HDMI support. In theory, either/or [and unfortunately BOTH] conexant & Intel packages should be installing HDMI so there may be debris leftover from both.

    As stated earlier, I do not see any HDMI config options in the Intel Graphics control panel. I DID see HDMI marked as "installed" in the log of the package downloaded directly from Intel Download center.
    I could believe that the package is not well done and does not first uninstall old remnants.

    If someone has the *.inf etc associated to HDMI I can go manually remove them I suppose and try again.

    jds63 said: View Post
    Further assist you better can you give exact Lenovo Yoga 2 model as comes up with a few models after Yoga 2 . It is the Thinkpad Yoga 2 ? I come up with new Windows 10 drivers for Conexant and Intel Graphics driver, but was not sure if system was 32bit or 64bit as the site has both for certain Yoga 2.

    As you are saying Conexant is not compatible but i see a new driver have you tried this update plus one for graphics and whenever you upgrade to another OS you should be checking here for all Windows 10 system updates that are important for your laptop, besides ones you are working with now. No way force HDMI audio in there, if system has it, it should be there even i believe with generic windows driver. Install correct drivers and we will see, plus give exact model if need more help.

    http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-yoga-series-laptops/thinkpad-yoga


    http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-yoga-series-laptops/thinkpad-yoga/downloads/DS104304


    Here is example on my system of HDMI. Top is Graphics card control panel setup Digital Audio mattering to which connector is used will show if it's capable, need to also select it in Sound Properties as you see on mine not used i have 2 HDMI ports, iam using Displayport without audio. In Device manager it's shown from the Graphics card in Sound,Video and Game controllers as NVIDIA High Definition.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	221.9 KB 
ID:	36337
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Jun 2015
    N.Y.
    Posts : 3,005
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       07 Sep 2015 #10

    This the model ? What messages are you getting to say it is not compatible ? http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/prod...otebook-lenovo
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Clean install and automatic video card driver install (nvidia)
Sorry if this has been addressed already (a search didn't yield exactly what I was looking for). I'm planning on doing a clean install of Win10 next weekend after upgrading from 7 x64 Pro. I'm wondering if anybody has a detailed account on what...
Installation and Setup
Windows 10 install freezes on driver install
I have searched all over google trying to resolve this issue and cant seem to find an answer. I have tried twice to install windows 10 using the auto update. Both times it gets to the screen where it loads files, drivers, etc. It downloads the files...
Installation and Setup
Force App to Install In Folder of My Choice?
So I finally got Windows10 up and running. And activated even! Despite having been an insider it was looking like I was going to have to buy a license, but at the last minute it Automagically Activated itself. For whatever reason, but I somehow...
Software and Apps
Solved Any way to force install of Agnitum Outpost Security Suite Free?
Any way to force install of Agnitum Outpost Security Suite Free? Windows 10 blocked it from installing. I wanted to use it on windows 10. I am getting a little :mad: about windows 10. If I want to install something, I should be able...
AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
build 10041 To FORCE clean install from ISO (made via Kari's method)
Hi there To FORCE a clean install if you are using the ISO (or USB created from the ISO). 1) download something like GPARTED. 2) delete existing C partition 3) now boot the ISO / USB stick.
Windows Insider
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:10.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums