Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    21 Aug 2015 #21
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Based on your system specs you don't need that card. Try removing it and use the graphics from the APU.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    21 Aug 2015 #22
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Upstate NY, USA
    Posts : 192
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit

    This may be basic but make sure that the monitor cable is connected to the graphics card itself and not to the built in port of the motherboard. The system specs for that machine state that the two graphics cards can not be used at the same time and the one in the APU is supposed to get disabled automatically when a discrete card is installed.

    EDIT:
    Looking up comparisons of the 2 cards, I find that the integrated 7560D is considerably more powerful than the discrete 7450. Why HP would put in a discrete card that is weaker than the integrated one is beyond me when it's clearly stated that they can not be used in a dual configuration. What I would do, is remove the 7450 card which should enable the integrated graphics, download the 15.7.1 driver package from AMD and install it. You should be good to go.
    Last edited by Dch48; 21 Aug 2015 at 15:00.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    21 Aug 2015 #23
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Penns Forrest
    Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3

    just a test ...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1600x900Slider.png 
Views:	89 
Size:	3.0 KB 
ID:	33014
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    21 Aug 2015 #24
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 1,647
    Win 10 X64 Pro 15063

    Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    This may be basic but make sure that the monitor cable is connected to the graphics card itself and not to the built in port of the motherboard. The system specs for that machine state that the two graphics cards can not be used at the same time and the one in the APU is supposed to get disabled automatically when a discrete card is installed.

    EDIT:
    Looking up comparisons of the 2 cards, I find that the integrated 7560D is considerably more powerful than the discrete 7450. Why HP would put in a discrete card that is weaker than the integrated one is beyond me when it's clearly stated that they can not be used in a dual configuration. What I would do, is remove the 7450 card which should enable the integrated graphics, download the 15.7.1 driver package from AMD and install it. You should be good to go.
    I don't know for certain why they would have added an inferior discrete card.

    One thing: the motherboard I/O panel has VGA and DVI outputs. The discrete graphics card has DVI and HDMI. Looks like RodA's monitor supports VGA, DVI, and HDMI. If RodA is using a DVI cable, a little minor surgery (on the PC: swapping ports, removing the discrete graphics card) ought to fix the problem.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    21 Aug 2015 #25
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Upstate NY, USA
    Posts : 192
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit

    Quote Originally Posted by bobkn View Post
    I don't know for certain why they would have added an inferior discrete card.

    One thing: the motherboard I/O panel has VGA and DVI outputs. The discrete graphics card has DVI and HDMI. Looks like RodA's monitor supports VGA, DVI, and HDMI. If RodA is using a DVI cable, a little minor surgery (on the PC: swapping ports, removing the discrete graphics card) ought to fix the problem.
    Maybe that's why they put the discrete card in. To provide an HDMI port for a monitor with built in speakers. If that is what he has and he takes that card out, he will have no sound unless he has or gets a set of speakers to plug into the sound jacks on the motherboard. I would do it if it were my computer but it's up to him of course. Using the integrated graphics will give much greater performance in games and other graphics intensive applications.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    21 Aug 2015 #26
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    I'm in the ghetto
    Posts : 705
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    @OP

    If you have finished watching tv and have come back to take a look, then the suggestions above are really helpful. Remove the card, stick it on ebay and you'll find the graphics output will have improved. The graphics card is essentially useless to you, unless you don't have a monitor. In which case buying some inexpensive speakers will solve the problem. The speakers on a standard TV are usually rubbish anyhow.

    Conclusion:
    You have the opportunity here to improve the performance of your pc for little or no cost.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    22 Aug 2015 #27
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 941
    Windows 8.1, Win10Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by damocles View Post
    My Hp upgraded without any issues.
    So what? Mine crashed and was left in an unusable state. Every PC is different.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    22 Aug 2015 #28
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    I'm in the ghetto
    Posts : 705
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Phelps View Post
    So what? Mine crashed and was left in an unusable state. Every PC is different.
    I still have to upgrade my old hp from XP to either Win7 or Win8 via a clean install (I have spare licenses to do this), and then upgrade to Win10. When I finally get around to this I will DEFINITELY be keeping all my fingers and toes crossed lol
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    22 Aug 2015 #29
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 114
    Windows 10

    I stopped buying pre-built computers back in the days of "Compaq"'s hay days. I bought a Compaq, came home all excited and when I tried to install the extra "cards" that I needed to install, I found out that the 5 open slots in the back really meant that I could install 2 cards at a time, trying to install anything else and they wouldn't fit at the same time.
    Never bought another pre-built since, (other than laptops of course, but I stick to the high end laptops if I'm going to buy a laptop now).
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    22 Aug 2015 #30
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 66
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Phelps View Post
    So what? Mine crashed and was left in an unusable state. Every PC is different.
    Nice attitude mate.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Order Placed! - (Your latest online purchase.)
Okay, I am sure a lot of us here would like to share their excitement after placing their order online. What did you get today? New PC? Hardware upgrade? New phone? New game? New house? Anything. Share it here big or small. Photo attachments will...
Chillout Room
How do you arrange files by month?
Just downloaded 10. How do you sort files (photos) by month?
General Support
Where to purchase a Windows 10 license for a custom built PC?
Okay so I'm really confused. On the entire Microsoft site and store there is no mention of any method to purchase a Windows 10 license. All they offer is a free upgrade. I can't do that since I built a custom PC with no prior OS. So I need to buy a...
General Support
Where can I purchase a Volume License?
Hi guys. I've been doing some Googling but I can't seem to find a satisfactory solution on this. After the 29th, I'd like to install Windows 10 on every computer at our small business's office (around 10 computers), so I'd like to get a Volume...
General Support
Purchase new laptop, updated, but no windows 10
G'day lads, I just just recently purchased a laptop with Windows 8.1 as below: Buy ASUS 15.6" F550DP-XX178H W8 Notebook | Read Reviews | Dick Smith Online Shopping System SpecComputer type:LaptopSystem Manufacturer/Model...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:27.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums