No Drivers for AMD

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 28,660
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
       #1

    No Drivers for AMD


    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023 AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor.

    Lately, I think just after this last update, I'm getting a notice as follows:

    No Drivers for AMD-no-drivers.png

    I have an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (EVGA) video card installed, with up-to-date drivers, which should bypass the AMD built-in graphics.

    I really don't understand what's going on here, so if someone could enlighten me, I'd appreciate it.

    Edit: I think we've established that the motherboard doesn't support integrated graphics.
    Last edited by Wynona; 08 Jun 2021 at 12:58.
      My Computer

  2. Ghot's Avatar
    Posts : 12,210
    Win 10 Home 10.0.19044.1237 (x64) [21H2]
       #2

    Wynona said:
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023 AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor.

    Lately, I think just after this last update, I'm getting a notice as follows:

    No Drivers for AMD-no-drivers.png

    I have an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (EVGA) video card installed, with up-to-date drivers, which should bypass the AMD built-in graphics.

    I really don't understand what's going on here, so if someone could enlighten me, I'd appreciate it.


    The AMD Ryzen 5 2600 doesn't have built in AMD graphics part. Unless the motherboard itself has onboard AMD graphics part... that warning may be referring to part of an AMD graphics driver, left over from a previous AMD graphics card?


    These are the AMD Ryzen 5 CPUs. Only the ones with the G at the end have internal graphics part.

    Choose A CPU - PCPartPicker
      My Computer

  3. bobkn's Avatar
    Posts : 4,042
    Win 11 X64 Pro 21H2 22000.100
       #3

    Please fill in your system specs. I know that you're not using a Ryzen 5 2600 in an HP Pavilion 590-p0044.

    As "Ghot" pointed out, the desktop Ryzen 5 2600 has no built-in graphics. The AMD chipsets I know have no graphics. Those would normally be included with what AMD calls an APU.

    The Ryzen 5 2600H is an APU. It's a mobile processor. You mention the 1050 ti as if it's a discrete graphics card, but it also exists as a mobile version.

    Are we dealing with a laptop here?

    If it is indeed a laptop, it presumably has a low-power mode that uses the APU's graphics for nonintensive tasks, and uses the nVidia GPU for things like 3D gaming. In taht case, it may be best to use drivers from th laptop's manufacturer. I admit that I'm not up on the details of dual graphics laptops.
      My Computers

  4. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 28,660
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
    Thread Starter
       #4

    Ghot said:
    The AMD Ryzen 5 2600 doesn't have built in AMD graphics part. Unless the motherboard itself has onboard AMD graphics part... that warning may be referring to part of an AMD graphics driver, left over from a previous AMD graphics card?
    This system originally came with an AMD Ryzen 5 2400G. It has since been upgraded with an AMD Ryzen 2600 (no G). I had already added an Nvidia 1050 Ti so didn't need the CPU to have onboard graphics. The box clearly states, "Discrete Graphics Card Required". Don't need no steenkin' onboard graphics!

    Also, up until 21H1 Build 19043.1023 was released, I never, ever, got this message and I've had the AMD 2600 CPU installed for at least a month or more. I don't know if you'll remember the discussion we had in LOTPW about the CPU upgrade around that time.

    BTW, I've updated my specs to show exactly what's in this puppy.

    Ghot said:
    These are the AMD Ryzen 5 CPUs. Only the ones with the G at the end have internal graphics part.

    Choose A CPU - PCPartPicker
    I think I can live without the CPU having internal graphics; Nvidia is a much better choice.
      My Computer

  5. Ghot's Avatar
    Posts : 12,210
    Win 10 Home 10.0.19044.1237 (x64) [21H2]
       #5

    Wynona said:
    This system originally came with an AMD Ryzen 5 2400G. It has since been upgraded with an AMD Ryzen 2600 (no G). I had added an Nvidia 1050 Ti so didn't need the. The box clearly states, "Discrete Graphics Card Required". Don't need no steenkin' onboard graphics!

    Also, up until 21H1 Build 19043.1023 was released, I never, ever, got this message and I've had the AMD 2600 CPU installed for at least a month or more. I don't know if you'll remember the discussion we had in LOTPW about the upgrade around that time.

    BTW, I've updated my specs to show exactly what's in this puppy.



    Since I've upgraded this desktop, rather than doing a full out build, I think it'll do.


    I would check Control Panel > Programs and Features and see if there is any leftover AMD Graphics drivers.
      My Computer

  6. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 28,660
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
    Thread Starter
       #6

    Ghot said:
    I would check Control Panel > Programs and Features and see if there is any leftover AMD Graphics drivers.
    OK, will do, fellow nightowl.
      My Computer

  7. Ghot's Avatar
    Posts : 12,210
    Win 10 Home 10.0.19044.1237 (x64) [21H2]
       #7

    Wynona said:
    OK, will do, fellow nightowl.


    Another option would be to run DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and in the drop down box on the right side, choose GPU and choose: AMD.

    At the bottom of this page, look for ***Official Download Here***

    Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V18.0.3.9 Released. - Wagnardsoft Forum


    Just make sure you choose: GPU and AMD on the right, or it will uninstall your Nvidia driver.

    Do the red circle on the right first, then the red circle on the left. Don't mess with any other settings.



    No Drivers for AMD-image1.png
      My Computer

  8. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 28,660
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
    Thread Starter
       #8

    bobkn said:
    Please fill in your system specs. I know that you're not using a Ryzen 5 2600 in an HP Pavilion 590-p0044.
    It's a good thing you didn't bet any money on it, then. Because that's exactly what's in this HP Pavilion 590-p0044 desktop.

    bobkn said:
    As "Ghot" pointed out, the desktop Ryzen 5 2600 has no built-in graphics. The AMD chipsets I know have no graphics. Those would normally be included with what AMD calls an APU.

    The Ryzen 5 2600H is an APU. It's a mobile processor. You mention the 1050 ti as if it's a discrete graphics card, but it also exists as a mobile version.
    Yes, I know the AMD Ryzen 5 2600 has no built-in Graphics. I do not have a Ryzen 2600H. The replacement CPU is an AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6 Core, 12 Thread Processor. I bought and installed it myself, so I think I know what I have.

    bobkn said:
    Are we dealing with a laptop here?
    As my specs say, it's a desktop computer.

    bobkn said:
    If it is indeed a laptop, it presumably has a low-power mode that uses the APU's graphics for nonintensive tasks, and uses the nVidia GPU for things like 3D gaming. In taht case, it may be best to use drivers from th laptop's manufacturer. I admit that I'm not up on the details of dual graphics laptops.
    It is not a laptop. It is a desktop computer and is not low power. It has decent graphics, more than enough RAM and enough hard drive and SSD space for my needs.

    I have built and/or upgraded my share of computers over the years. I installed this nVIDIA GeForce 1050 Ti graphics card because onboard graphics aren't ideal.
      My Computer

  9. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 28,660
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
    Thread Starter
       #9

    Ghot said:
    I would check Control Panel > Programs and Features and see if there is any leftover AMD Graphics drivers.
    No Drivers for AMD-amd-radeon-settings.png

    Like this, Ghot?
      My Computer

  10. Ghot's Avatar
    Posts : 12,210
    Win 10 Home 10.0.19044.1237 (x64) [21H2]
       #10

    Wynona said:
    No Drivers for AMD-amd-radeon-settings.png

    Like this, Ghot?


    Yeah, that's "probably" not needed.
      My Computer


 
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:55.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums