iGPU doesn't output? [Mobo HDMI]


  1. Posts : 5
    Win10
       #1

    iGPU doesn't output? [Mobo HDMI]


    I have a weird problem that only happened with Win10, my HDMI output from the mobo doesn't seem to work?

    My setup is connecting my GPU to my pc monitors and connect to my TV via HDMI because thats the only connection that works with it, but said output is already being used in the GPU so I tried using the mobo HDMI but it doesn't work.

    It worked with win8.1 and now it doesn't. Weirdly enough it once worked when i woke pc from sleep but it messed things up so i disconnected the TV via display settings never to be seen again.

    EdiT: I7-3770K with z77 sabertooth mobo i guess the rest is unneeded (And yes the iGPU is enabled in the bios with multimonitor thingy)
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 166
    Win 10 Pro 64Bit
       #2

    Battler624 said:
    I have a weird problem that only happened with Win10, my HDMI output from the mobo doesn't seem to work?

    My setup is connecting my GPU to my pc monitors and connect to my TV via HDMI because thats the only connection that works with it, but said output is already being used in the GPU so I tried using the mobo HDMI but it doesn't work.

    It worked with win8.1 and now it doesn't. Weirdly enough it once worked when i woke pc from sleep but it messed things up so i disconnected the TV via display settings never to be seen again.

    EdiT: I7-3770K with z77 sabertooth mobo i guess the rest is unneeded (And yes the iGPU is enabled in the bios with multimonitor thingy)
    Hi

    Have you checked Control Panel>Device Manager for any issues against the Display Adaptors. There is an issue with multiple outputs that has been introduced with NVidia and Win 10 - please see my info post Solved Multiple NVidia Cards - Code 43 (Info Only) - Windows 10 Forums

    Not sure if this is the same issue but if you are trying to use both the on-board and Nvidia card at the same time, it probably isn't possible at the moment.

    Regards
    UKMedia
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 5
    Win10
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Actually that's what I'm trying to do, use both the igpu and my nvidia gpu to work at once

    Edit : there are no errors in device manager
    Last edited by Battler624; 18 Aug 2015 at 09:03. Reason: Adding something
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 166
    Win 10 Pro 64Bit
       #4

    Battler624 said:
    Actually that's what I'm trying to do, use both the igpu and my nvidia gpu to work at once

    Edit : there are no errors in device manager
    If you disable the NVidia card in Control panel and reboot does the on-board output work?
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 5
    Win10
    Thread Starter
       #5

    UKMedia said:
    If you disable the NVidia card in Control panel and reboot does the on-board output work?
    you mean in the device manager? I'll try and report back in ~1 hour.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 346
    Windows 10 Pro
       #6

    The reason they aren't working together in Windows 10 is due to the new driver model (WDDM 2.0). In Windows 10 you can mix and match any video card or iGPU as long as they use the same driver model. In your case your video card is WDDM 2.0 and your iGPU is likely WDDM 1.2 or 1.3, hence why they won't work together.

    The reason it worked in Windows 8/8.1 is that it used WDDM 1.2/3, which doesn't have the restrictions on it like the new 2.0 has.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 166
    Win 10 Pro 64Bit
       #7

    stormy13 said:
    The reason they aren't working together in Windows 10 is due to the new driver model (WDDM 2.0). In Windows 10 you can mix and match any video card or iGPU as long as they use the same driver model. In your case your video card is WDDM 2.0 and your iGPU is likely WDDM 1.2 or 1.3, hence why they won't work together.

    The reason it worked in Windows 8/8.1 is that it used WDDM 1.2/3, which doesn't have the restrictions on it like the new 2.0 has.
    Yep, that's what I think. I have the same issue with my GTX 970 and 580
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 5
    Win10
    Thread Starter
       #8

    stormy13 said:
    The reason they aren't working together in Windows 10 is due to the new driver model (WDDM 2.0). In Windows 10 you can mix and match any video card or iGPU as long as they use the same driver model. In your case your video card is WDDM 2.0 and your iGPU is likely WDDM 1.2 or 1.3, hence why they won't work together.

    The reason it worked in Windows 8/8.1 is that it used WDDM 1.2/3, which doesn't have the restrictions on it like the new 2.0 has.

    Well the above suggestion didn't work for me, so anyway even with the latest iGPU drivers isn't it possible to use the iGPU ? At all?


    Edit: It somewhat worked tbh, only the monitors connected via HDMI worked (one connected to the TV via iGPU and one connected to my second monitor via nvidia 980ti) so yea... its weird.


    Quick-Edit 2.0: Funny enough i cant open display settings if i have nvidia card disabled and whats annoying is that everything didn't work until i restarted and i thought i had to refresh it completely.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 346
    Windows 10 Pro
       #9

    One thing you can try. Get a HDMI to Displayport cab;e or adapter and use one of the displayports on the video card.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:22.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums