Custom Driver : Intel GMA 4500 M / MHD Extreme Plus 2 - by nIGHmAYOR

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
  1. nIGHTmAYOR's Avatar
    Posts : 1,259
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #51

    Knosso2919 said:
    Massive Thanks.

    I disabled auto driver install, disconnected, uninstalled and removed the display driver, everything went black so i rebooted with keyboard shortcuts, the display was working ok with the basic display adapter (fun fact on my x200 is actually more responsive than the microsoft wddm driver).

    Step1, Reboot, Step2, Reboot, Step3, Reboot, check on the device manager and... Intel(R) HD Graphics Family driver 20.21.7.6464 with the date 03/03/2021. BOOOOM massive thanks.

    Now Extra Tweaks: Mild OC ON, Quality enhancements OFF, Beta Kernel ON (was tempted to go with hybrid but lets try and see), Forge Open GL OFF.

    Performance Benchmark
    WebGL aquarium on Edge with 500fish: Before 30-33ish fps, now 35-37ish
    KillingFloor lowest settings 800x600: before 40-50ish fps, now 42-55ish.


    Now lets put my pc aside for a moment and appreciate the fact that nIGHTmAYOR by releasing this driver is actually doing something much more important than save money. This person is actively making sure that as much as possible we don't kill the planet by trashing perfectly working PCs which is both a waste of resources, energy, and CO2.

    Tell us if there is a way we can offer you a beer or a coffee in any way.
    When it comes to this driver in particular it's not about benchmarks . Intel managed to strip Opengl support entirely from the final W.D.D.M distributed by Microsoft rendering that driver impossible to use judging that the majority of games , video editing , photo editing software rely entirely on Opengl .
      My Computer

  2. Try3's Avatar
    Posts : 10,044
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 21H2 Build 19044.1466
       #52

    I find the OP "steps" baffling. "Step" 15 tells me I have finished yet the preceding "steps" do not contain any actions.

    I saw the link to >>DOWNLOAD v2.0<< so I had a look at that.
    It has a Download button that variously wants me to install a 'weeki view' application or sign up to Facebook/Twitter/Google+/4shared and the webpage is plagued with popups, including one that invites me to click on it to get rid of popups, or to wait for a 20 secs period that never changes. It feels like some cowboy site that might be riddled with malware.
    Is this really the only way to get this driver?
    Where are the installation instructions?

    I appreciate that you have gone to a lot of effort to produce a driver but trying to download it is giving me a right runaround.
    [I have tried Firefox, Edge & IE]

    Denis

    And now I've had another try and it has tricked me into downloading some VPN software instead of the driver I wanted. This really is frustrating.
    Last edited by Try3; 13 Nov 2021 at 12:51.
      My Computer

  3. nIGHTmAYOR's Avatar
    Posts : 1,259
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #53

    Try3 said:
    I find the OP "steps" baffling. "Step" 15 tells me I have finished yet the preceding "steps" do not contain any actions.

    I saw the link to >>DOWNLOAD v2.0<< so I had a look at that.
    It has a Download button that variously wants me to install a 'weeki view' application or sign up to Facebook/Twitter/Google+/4shared and the webpage is plagued with popups, including one that invites me to click on it to get rid of popups, or to wait for a 20 secs period that never changes. It feels like some cowboy site that might be riddled with malware.
    Is this really the only way to get this driver?
    Where are the installation instructions?

    I appreciate that you have gone to a lot of effort to produce a driver but trying to download it is giving me a right runaround.
    [I have tried Firefox, Edge & IE]

    Denis

    And now I've had another try and it has tricked me into downloading some VPN software instead of the driver I wanted. This really is frustrating.
    First I choose 4shared because it does not play the nasty game of deleting uploaded files if not being accessed/downloaded over a certain period of time as I do not wish to constantly keep checking for weather the driver is still up or not or get waves of posts about please reupload from time to time .

    Second I usually use "adblock" so I never go through all the pop up deals you mention , I thought everybody in the world does that , if not then they should learn to ...

    Third usually the website request signing up and offer a lot of social media sites to choose from but you can choose to create a local account from a link bellow .

    Fourth I am not a manufacturer nor do I benefit from these stuff any way to ensure a premium hosting solution for the liking of the world , this project is about giving some kiss of life to some hardware that should have been long berried so certain pain in the process should be endured .

    Fifth once you lay hand on the driver you may just right click run as administrator all the batch files you may find inside as instructed in the post .

    Sixth then comes step 15 .
      My Computer

  4. Try3's Avatar
    Posts : 10,044
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 21H2 Build 19044.1466
       #54

    Thanks for responding so quickly.

    Denis
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 2
    win 8.1
       #55

    I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I have a question guys
    Does this driver work for a core i7 620m processor?
    in windows 8.1?
      My Computer

  6. nIGHTmAYOR's Avatar
    Posts : 1,259
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #56

    thatadry said:
    I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I have a question guys
    Does this driver work for a core i7 620m processor?
    in windows 8.1?
    V2.1 is supposed to , give it a go and confirm
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 2
    win 8.1
       #57

    nIGHTmAYOR said:
    V2.1 is supposed to , give it a go and confirm
    it doesn't work for me ...
    says: "the setup program failed to install one or more device details"

    the error gives it to me in the middle of the installation
    I already run the bat as it says in the instructions,
    i use win 8.1 and my processor is a core i7 620m
    I hope someone can help me ...
      My Computer

  8. nIGHTmAYOR's Avatar
    Posts : 1,259
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #58

    thatadry said:
    it doesn't work for me ...
    says: "the setup program failed to install one or more device details"

    the error gives it to me in the middle of the installation
    I already run the bat as it says in the instructions,
    i use win 8.1 and my processor is a core i7 620m
    I hope someone can help me ...
    do you set it up by batch files included in their numbered order ?
    if so please provide your device id .
    if not then just install it via batch files included in their numbered order .
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 3
    Windows 10 21H1
       #59

    Hi, I'm new at the forum.
    I took a computer with G41 Chipset and made a clean install of Windows 10 21H1. The modded drivers had installed fine, but AIDA64 shows only OpenGL 1.1 support from Microsoft GDI. I've made something wrong? Is possible to fix this?
    Last edited by CoreBreaker; 24 Nov 2021 at 09:43. Reason: Wrong Information
      My Computer

  10. nIGHTmAYOR's Avatar
    Posts : 1,259
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #60

    CoreBreaker said:
    Hi, I'm new at the forum.
    I took a computer with G41 Chipset and made a clean install of Windows 10 21H1. The modded drivers had installed fine, but AIDA64 shows only OpenGL 1.1 support from Microsoft GDI. I've made something wrong? Is possible to fix this?
    Need a screen shot of Device Manager > (Expand) Display Adapters > Right Click (Showing Driver Name) > Properties > Driver (Tab)
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums