BUZZ!! The monitor goes Green! NO OS...

  1. Lance1's Avatar
    Posts : 253
    Windows 10 Professional x64
       #1

    BUZZ!! The monitor goes Green! NO OS...


    So I'm working in Photoshop on a project and all of a sudden there is this BUZZ! And I get a green screen. See the pic. I hit reset and it just thinks and thinks for about 5 minutes. My system boots into Windows in about 15 seconds. I reset again and still no access. I'm in the process of imaging the SSD from a backup of a week ago. Anyone ever have their screen BUZ and go green and loses access there OS? New one on me... I'm posting from my Win 7 box. I'll post back and give you an update.

    - - - Updated - - -

    OK! I'm back up and going. I have no idea as to what happened or why? I am currently at Windows 10 PRO Version 1903 which I like because it's stable with no issues That effect me or what I do and I do control that till a stable update comes along, AKA 2004 NOT! So again I ask the question... What the hell happened?????? I installed nothing and ran nothing. I have been issue free from the beginning of the upgrade from 7 to 10 until now. But on a positive point, I changed out my keyboard Will I was imagining from a touch keyboard to a more like mechanical keyboard. It's a 15 year old DELL SK-8115 keyboard and I love it. I actually have three of them. See the pic. Any way I am trying to make a positive out of a negative. This is going to bug me forever!! Thanks for the 140 views though. No Replies... No Hard Feelings....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BUZZ!! The monitor goes Green! NO OS...-dell-sk-8115-keyboard2.jpg   BUZZ!! The monitor goes Green! NO OS...-img_0303.jpg  
    Last edited by Lance1; 4 Days Ago at 18:50.
      My Computer

  2. OldNavyGuy's Avatar
    Posts : 196
    Windows 10 Pro 1909
       #2

    Could be the monitor is going bad, a bad monitor cable, or a bad connection.

    Try a known good cable.

    Check the monitor setup (looks like a Samsung) -

    Set up your Samsung monitor
      My Computer

  3. Lance1's Avatar
    Posts : 253
    Windows 10 Professional x64
    Thread Starter
       #3

    OldNavyGuy said:
    Could be the monitor is going bad, a bad monitor cable, or a bad connection.

    Try a known good cable.

    Check the monitor setup (looks like a Samsung) -

    Set up your Samsung monitor
    I have a high-end HDMI cable on the system now. It's given me no issues at all for maybe 3 years. Thank you for replying though but I have tried that with other cables I have in my box.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 438
    win10 home
       #4

    Photoshop is a heavy user of your graphic card.
    Are there any entries in Reliability History after the event? If so the "View tech data" should give clues.
    Also give ---dxdiag--- a run and see if it highlights any event,especially the Display page.
    In Device Manager,check Display Adapter for any flags.
    If you can,then use Display Driver Uninstaller to remove the present driver,in Safe Mode and install a fresh driver ,present version or later,downloaded only from the maker's site.
      My Computer

  5. Lance1's Avatar
    Posts : 253
    Windows 10 Professional x64
    Thread Starter
       #5

    joeandmarg0 said:
    Photoshop is a heavy user of your graphic card.
    Are there any entries in Reliability History after the event? If so the "View tech data" should give clues.
    Also give ---dxdiag--- a run and see if it highlights any event,especially the Display page.
    In Device Manager,check Display Adapter for any flags.
    If you can,then use Display Driver Uninstaller to remove the present driver,in Safe Mode and install a fresh driver ,present version or later,downloaded only from the maker's site.
    Since the reimaged all is clear. I ran dxdiag no issues found.
    Last edited by Lance1; 4 Days Ago at 12:58.
      My Computer

  6. Steve C's Avatar
    Posts : 5,459
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       #6

    Check the external cabling as suggested. Also look inside the PC and check the GPU card is securely plugged in and the separate PSU cables to the GPU card are secure. Does your GPU card have multiple HDMI outputs- if so try another one. I use a DisplayPort cable rather than HDMI.
      My Computers


  7. Lance1's Avatar
    Posts : 253
    Windows 10 Professional x64
    Thread Starter
       #7

    Steve C said:
    Check the external cabling as suggested. Also look inside the PC and check the GPU card is securely plugged in and the separate PSU cables to the GPU card are secure. Does your GPU card have multiple HDMI outputs- if so try another one. I use a DisplayPort cable rather than HDMI.
    The GPU card is securer. I have two DVI and two HDMI and the card is secure and powered. I have used DVI. I have also used DVI to HDMI. "System to Monitor" I do appreciate your due diligence. But I have checked everything. I have built systems for about 18 years. But have never seen this green screen and have all just stop... And when I thought life was boring. something new...
      My Computer

  8. Steve C's Avatar
    Posts : 5,459
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       #8

    Lance1 said:
    The GPU card is securer. I have two DVI and two HDMI and the card is secure and powered. I have used DVI. I have also used DVI to HDMI. "System to Monitor" I do appreciate your due diligence. But I have checked everything. I have built systems for about 18 years. But have never seen this green screen and have all just stop... And when I thought life was boring. something new...
    If it happens again then suspect an intermittent fault in the monitor or GPU. You can check the latter by switching to the integrated GPU.
      My Computers

  9. Lance1's Avatar
    Posts : 253
    Windows 10 Professional x64
    Thread Starter
       #9

    Steve C said:
    If it happens again then suspect an intermittent fault in the monitor or GPU. You can check the latter by switching to the integrated GPU.
    My MSI 990FXA GAMING (MS-7893) Motherboard has no integrated GPU. But I do have several cards to swap out. But I really like my Radeon R9 380.
      My Computer


 

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:56.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums