Vega 64 or RX5700XT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 432
    W10X64 21H1
       #1

    Vega 64 or RX5700XT


    VEGA 64 or RX5700XT

    Specs
    Vega64 = 4,096 Streams / Base Clock: 1276 MHz / Boost Clock: 1560 MHz
    Or
    RX 5700 XT = 2,560 Streams / Base Clock: 1650MHz / Boost Clock: 1905 MHz

    I know that the 5700XT has faster clocks & yeah 5 to 8 fps more than the Vega 64 but the Vega 64 has 4,096 streams & the 5700 only has 2,560 Streams, so which card will give higher settings as the 5700XT is about 9% faster but it’s the stream difference that I wonder about & Vegas HBM memory is faster than the 5700XT ?

    I was thinking the Vega will give higher settings than the 5700XT ?

    Your thoughts & comments will be appreciated

    Thanks

    RB
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 4,424
    Win 11 Pro 22000.652
       #2

    No personal experience.

    UserBenchmark: AMD RX 5700-XT vs Vega-64

    I don't own a 5700XT. There apparently have been issues with them. You may want to check if newer drivers have fixed those.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 5,816
    Win 11 Pro (x64) 21H2
       #3

    RoadBlaster said:
    VEGA 64 or RX5700XT
    It would help to know what specific Vega 64 card are you talking about?

    Currently the Radeon VII (RVII) is AMD's most powerful gaming GPU, but it's a loud hot power consuming card (when pushed). The RX 5700XT is not as powerful as the RVII, but it's also quieter and less power hungry. Additionally the RVII is still a reference card where the RX 5700 XT can be had in various build designs.

    Anyway I have the RVII and like it, but when pushed, it can get loud, and hot. No heat issues though.
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 432
    W10X64 21H1
    Thread Starter
       #4

    bobkn said:
    No personal experience.

    UserBenchmark: AMD RX 5700-XT vs Vega-64

    I don't own a 5700XT. There apparently have been issues with them. You may want to check if newer drivers have fixed those.
    I have not got either one yet & checked up about crash issues & they say fixed on V20.2.2 Adrenalin Software, my RX 580 has not crashed much in the time I was using it, only if power had gone off while gaming. then I would just re-install the drivers as from what I was reading they just keep trying to play without re-install after crashing which causes driver software corruption most of the time - well fixed it for me !

    - - - Updated - - -

    sygnus21 said:
    It would help to know what specific Vega 64 card are you talking about?

    Currently the Radeon VII (RVII) is AMD's most powerful gaming GPU, but it's a loud hot power consuming card (when pushed). The RX 5700XT is not as powerful as the RVII, but it's also quieter and less power hungry. Additionally the RVII is still a reference card where the RX 5700 XT can be had in various build designs.

    Anyway I have the RVII and like it, but when pushed, it can get loud, and hot. No heat issues though.
    I have been looking at the Gigabyte versions of both types to consider for purchase
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 5,816
    Win 11 Pro (x64) 21H2
       #5

    RoadBlaster said:
    I have been looking at the Gigabyte versions of both types to consider for purchase
    I'm asking what "VEGA 64" card were you referring to?
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 432
    W10X64 21H1
    Thread Starter
       #6

    sygnus21 said:
    I'm asking what "VEGA 64" card were you referring to?
    This one:

    Radeon™ RX VEGA 64 GAMING OC 8G | Graphics Card - GIGABYTE U.K.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 5,816
    Win 11 Pro (x64) 21H2
       #7

    Wow, OK, I've not looked at those.

    The top AMD card is the Radeon VII. But its $700 (699.99) bucks. It does come with 6gig of RAM though. Good gaming card allowing me to max my games. I am gaming in 1080p (1920 x 1200) on a 24 inch monitor. Currently playing Tom Clancy's Division 2 maxed without any stuttering or lag.

    All that said, that RX Vega 64 looks good if you can find one. But the RX 5700XT is readily available at around the same performance; and it's a newer card. Based on that, the 5700XT would be my choice.
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 432
    W10X64 21H1
    Thread Starter
       #8

    sygnus21 said:
    Wow, OK, I've not looked at those.

    The top AMD card is the Radeon VII. But as said, $700 (699.99) bucks, a reference build, gets loud. You do get 16gig of RAM (HBM). Good gaming card allowing me to max my games. I am gaming in 1080p (1920 x 1200) on a 24 inch monitor. Currently playing Tom Clancy's Division 2 maxed without any stuttering or lag.

    All that said, that RX Vega 64 looks good if you can find one. But the RX 5700XT is readily available at around the same performance; and it's a newer card. Based on that, the 5700XT would be my choice.
    Just been doing a spec matching for a hour or 2 & this is the best one I have seen for a 5700XT by XFX:

    XFX-2019

    I have decided if I did go 5700XT 3 fans is the way to go from the 2 fan & turbo's get too loud & they have a nice price also.

    Here is an image of some benchmarks for GTAV

    Vega 64 or RX5700XT-thick-iii-benches-gtav.jpg

    Seems weird that the 2060 super & 2070 super have almost matching numbers also ?
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 5,816
    Win 11 Pro (x64) 21H2
       #9

    RoadBlaster said:
    Just been doing a spec matching for a hour or 2 & this is the best one I have seen for a 5700XT by XFX:

    XFX-2019
    Where all those cards are near similar in performance, I'd pay more attention to heat and noise as opposed to mere performance. Look at some reviews for fan noise and cooling issues. Pick a card based on that. Yes, performance plays a part to, but is a 2 percent performance gain worth a 15 percent noise and/or heat increase.

    Good luck.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 5,816
    Win 11 Pro (x64) 21H2
       #10

    I'm not one to get caught up in numbers. Yeah I use them, but I don't put a lot of weight to them.

    That's me.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:04.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums