Windows 10: Input not supported

  1.    11 Aug 2015 #1

    Input not supported


    Hey everyone,
    everytime I restart or boot up my PC with my monitors turned on first I always get a issue with the monitor connected to the HDMI port,
    it always says "Input not supported" and all I do is turn my monitor off then back on and the issue has been resolved, however
    just out convience I would like this issue fixed, does anyone have any answers?

    GPU: GTX 650


    Thanks.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    23 Dec 2015 #2

    partians said: View Post
    Hey everyone,
    everytime I restart or boot up my PC with my monitors turned on first I always get a issue with the monitor connected to the HDMI port,
    it always says "Input not supported" and all I do is turn my monitor off then back on and the issue has been resolved, however
    just out convience I would like this issue fixed, does anyone have any answers?

    GPU: GTX 650


    Thanks.
    Hey,

    I'm having the exact same problem. Win 10, same GPU, 4 monitors. The HDMI one is my main display. It happens 50% of the time when I reboot. As you say it's a convenience issue. But it's annoying to have with a new PC.

    Have you found a solution?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    23 Dec 2015 #3

    Flork said: View Post
    Hey,

    I'm having the exact same problem. Win 10, same GPU, 4 monitors. The HDMI one is my main display. It happens 50% of the time when I reboot. As you say it's a convenience issue. But it's annoying to have with a new PC.

    Have you found a solution?
    I forgot about this issue haha, I purchased a new HDMI cable and the issue was resolved.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    23 Dec 2015 #4

    partians said: View Post
    I forgot about this issue haha, I purchased a new HDMI cable and the issue was resolved.
    Well I've tried 2 HDMI cables, so that's not it.

    It happens about 50% of the time I reboot.

    Maybe you have some ideas:

    I have 4 monitors hooked up to my NVIDA GeForce GTX 950. The main display is HDMI. I have one via DVI. I have two via DisplayPort, though one uses a DisplayPort to DVI adapter.

    They are laid out from left to right: DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort, DisplayPort/DVI

    The one odd thing is that myt main dsplay the HDMI one has been assigned #2 by Windows and the DisplayPort monitor has been assigned #1. The reason is probably because when I first set up the machine I used the DipslayPort monitor. And for some reason, when I boot up, the pre-Windows startup screen shows up on the leftmost, DVI monitor, which is assigned #3 by windows.
    There is absolutely no way to change the numbers assigned by Windows. The only time the numbers change is if I unplug one or more of the monitors. But as soon as they are plugged back in, the numbers return to what they were. I don't know if this is a factor or not.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
I've joined a Windows 10 Pro test machine to an AD 2012 domain, and when I lock the computer (using Windows + L), and then try to unlock it, I'm asked to put in both my userid and password to unlock it (it behaves as though I'm logging in again. Is...
Google Input Tools in Software and Apps
Just updated to Win 10x64 Home. Google Input Tools not available in Edge. Forced to type non-English language in MS Word and then paste it in Edge.
My new PC has a blank screen with the message : 1. Analog input, cannot display this video mode. I recently upgraded from Win8.1 to Win10 on my new Dell Inspiron. I have an older PC right next to it with WinXP. Both are using Dell flat panel...
Hello, I'm using english-US as display language, but german (DEU) as keyboard input language. I would like to uninstall the english (ENG) keyboard since the input language switches to english when I hide the unneeded language bar. It was very...
Hello, I have set up Windows 10 on my database server, which I only want to have running during the daytime. I have managed to make it turn off at 21:57, in time for the timer plug turning off at 22:00, but now I want it to be able to login by...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:16.
Find Us