I'm having a screen Refresh issue running VSA on a Lenovo W520 laptop with the latest video driver installed. The laptop has both an Intel HD Graphics 3000 and NVIDIA Quadro 1000M card listed as Display Adapters in the device manager. Both have the most up-to-date drivers. As noted in the video, this issue is ONLY on this one program. All others do not display this behavior even when doing the same things like scrolling and maximizing. I can't work with or edit programs at all on this machine when it's like this. I don't know what images are real.

It's worth noting that I can and have run that exact same program from the same setup files on several other computers, both laptops and desktops and even other Lenovo laptops on every windows edition from XP and have never encountered this before or since.

You can observe what is happening in this video I took and posted on YouTube here:


Believing that this is a video issue, Iíve included a shot of the Device manager showing my display adapters.
Screen Refresh problems affecting only 1 program-device-manager.jpg

This laptop is running Windows 10 Pro upgraded from Windows 7

It has an Intel Core i7-2920XM CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHz, 16 GB of RAM and is 64 bit.

I donít really know how to describe whatís going on, but you can clearly see the issue in the YouTube video.

Thank you in advance for your help.

- - - Updated - - -

I have solved the issue. Turns out it wasn't a Windows problem. It was an NVIDIA issue. I opened the NVIDIA Control Panel and played with the 3D settings. It was an act of desperation. I had no reason to suspect that this program would have been affected by anything to do with 3D settings, but since I'd already tried everything that did make sense, I thought I would give this a try. I made some changes to the performance tab which was set all the way to high for best quality at the expense of performance. I backed it off to a middle setting labeled, "Normal", and changed one other setting which determined how much work was being done by the GPU vs CPU. I set it to use the CPU instead, and the problem went away.