A problem with Dell inspiron 3537  


  1. Posts : 1
    Windows 8.1
       #1

    A problem with Dell inspiron 3537


    So i have been looking around at manuals and all online stuff for My laptop model what i found interesting was almost all them models had a discrete Gpu mostly Amd Gpus so i start looking up Diadxg and control panel and all i find is the intel 4400 so I tried to check my service tag to see what was on the laptop when it was ordered ( It was a gift from a friend) now I am not expecting it to have a diffrent Gpu i just need to know if its there or not and if you can help me i would be very grateful.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 4,453
    Win 11 Pro 22000.708
       #2

    What happened when you checked the service tag?

    Just knowing that it's an Inspiron 3537 doesn't narrow things down very much. https://downloads.dell.com/manuals/a...uide_en-us.pdf

    There are a number of CPUs and GPUs available in that model. It's possible that yours has both a discrete AMD GPU and the Intel one.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 2,544
    Windows 10
       #3

    Open the Device Manager and expand the "Display Adapters" branch if there are 2 Graphics adapters then you will have 2 entries, 1 for Intel HD 4400 and another if has extra graphics either Nvidia or AMD.

    In DXDIAG you should also have 2 listed, 1 in the Display Tab, 1 in the Render Tab, or something like that.

    On my Laptop you can see through a ventilation grill the heat pipe which goes from 2 locations rather than just one.

    Dell installs different hardware within a given model number, depending on the markets in various countries, and user requirements.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 1,287
    Windows 10
       #4

    Helmut said:
    Open the Device Manager and expand the "Display Adapters" branch if there are 2 Graphics adapters then you will have 2 entries, 1 for Intel HD 4400 and another if has extra graphics either Nvidia or AMD.

    In DXDIAG you should also have 2 listed, 1 in the Display Tab, 1 in the Render Tab, or something like that.

    On my Laptop you can see through a ventilation grill the heat pipe which goes from 2 locations rather than just one.

    Dell installs different hardware within a given model number, depending on the markets in various countries, and user requirements.
    Back in that era the separate/dual ventilation was only available for gtx versions of nvidia graphic cards , the gt and m versions of the card may come attached to main cooling sink and vent , the Amd however when integrated with an intel system was always used on economical laptops and always came with single vents to cover both cpu & gpu and switch option in bios sometimes to totally disable the intel GPU just like desktops so is a long road to trouble shoot all that with him , good luck :)
    Last edited by nIGHTmAYOR; 18 Jan 2020 at 04:08.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 2,544
    Windows 10
       #5

    That is not what I am referring to. Vents are merely holes in the box for airflow.

    In a Laptop the cooling system is for the reason of compactness just heat pipe(s) going from both CPU and GPU. To the one heat dissipater and fan.

    In a gamer type of Laptop it may well be a different thermal arrangement but in this case it is very likely to be the former. Nothing to do with whether there is any switching in the BIOS/UEFI or the Optimus arrangement.

    The OP is just asking for information, there does not seem to be a problem.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 846
    Windows 10 LTSC
       #6

    the full model number tells people what is different between in all Inspiron 3537s. Use it to search for the correct driver.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 1,287
    Windows 10
       #7

    Helmut said:
    That is not what I am referring to. Vents are merely holes in the box for airflow.

    In a Laptop the cooling system is for the reason of compactness just heat pipe(s) going from both CPU and GPU. To the one heat dissipater and fan.

    In a gamer type of Laptop it may well be a different thermal arrangement but in this case it is very likely to be the former. Nothing to do with whether there is any switching in the BIOS/UEFI or the Optimus arrangement.

    The OP is just asking for information, there does not seem to be a problem.
    I thought you were informing him that if he had two vents then it must have a gpu , then my comment was to point out it wasn't popular back then to have 2 vents , but rather awkward designs and bios settings .

    - - - Updated - - -

    RoasterMen said:
    the full model number tells people what is different between in all Inspiron 3537s. Use it to search for the correct driver.
    Reputable companies have a policy to create standard models with predefined set of hardware that never changes , then they have a rebrand name in case a whole seller decide to buy a lot from them in a discounted price judging that they would rather take down some of the software or hardware (like removing the windows license , make it linux or downgrading wifi card or gpu etc) , so when you go for an HP you know you can trace back model numbers to hardware , but then Compaq its rebrand however models can trace back to zillion software/hardware configurations , same with IBM and Lenovo . However when it comes to Dell they do not do that , they can have just same model with zillion configurations , it is their down side , so its about reviewing what you can find in device manager to really tell what you have in hand .
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 4,453
    Win 11 Pro 22000.708
       #8

    looks like another hit-and-run post. Sad,
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:16.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums