No Audio via HDMI after monitor wakes from sleep - AMD Radeon HD 7800

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

  1. Ben
    Posts : 4
    Windows 10
       #11

    Ok, found the issue: avast webshield was blocking it.
    Thanks,
      My Computer


  2. MrQ
    Posts : 10
    Windows 10
       #12

    Ben said:
    Ok, found the issue: avast webshield was blocking it.
    Thanks,
    Not sure why but I am happy you succeeded. Let me know how it works for you. :)
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 3
    Windows 10
       #13

    amd beta drivers


    update/edit: still no sound when coming out of sleep with the 15.8 beta drivers....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    hey ya'll was just going to give a heads up that AMD released 15.8 beta drivers yesterday for windows 10 64bit.

    can't say 100% for sure that the sounds issue is resolved but i did send to my computer to sleep manually and i had sound when i came back.

    might be worth a shot. i'll report back in a couple days if it keeps working.
    Last edited by hwajai21; 03 Sep 2015 at 19:59.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 49
    Windows 10 Pro
       #14

    hwajai21 said:
    hey ya'll was just going to give a heads up that AMD released 15.8 beta drivers yesterday for windows 10 64bit.

    can't say 100% for sure that the sounds issue is resolved but i did send to my computer to sleep manually and i had sound when i came back.

    might be worth a shot. i'll report back in a couple days if it keeps working.
    Please let me know any issues you do have with it. I am debating to update my HTPC or not. I should just disable all updates regarding OS, Drivers, & software. I like it just the way it is.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 3
    Windows 10
       #15

    chris1neji said:
    Please let me know any issues you do have with it. I am debating to update my HTPC or not. I should just disable all updates regarding OS, Drivers, & software. I like it just the way it is.
    ugh...it's still not fixed. no sound when coming out of sleep...have to restart.

      My Computer


  6. Posts : 49
    Windows 10 Pro
       #16

    hwajai21 said:
    ugh...it's still not fixed. no sound when coming out of sleep...have to restart.

    I think I will never update my HTPC. If I do I will likely be a few months behind. I am ok with updating my main battlestation but having my HTPC not work is extremely inconvenient. No TV, DVR, Movies, TV Shows, Music, all being played via surround system 5.1 AV Yamaha receiver
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 1
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       #17

    This isn't an AMD exclusive issue as it occurs on my Intel D54250WYK NUC as well.
    Running Windows 10 Pro with Kodi 15.1 Media Center. Monitor goes to sleep, wakes up, no audio and no audio device in Device Manager.
    Restarting the PC fixes the issue.
    All drivers are up to date, tried reverting Kodi to version 14.2 same issue.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 29
    windows 10
       #18

    Googles a wonderful thing it brought me here to find out I'm not the only one going crazy after 2wks of ripping what's left of my hair out.

    My short story, I've pinned it down to rx 2xx series cards for me two towers and two failures used 15.7.1/15.9.1/15.10 cleaned installed, safe mode cleaning out old drivers, the HD6xxx cards still work perfectly in win 10 on 3 different towers using whatever drivers even 15.9.1. For the r7 265 I just disable/enable in device manager I concede.
      My Computer


  9. MrQ
    Posts : 10
    Windows 10
       #19

    upcoast said:
    Googles a wonderful thing it brought me here to find out I'm not the only one going crazy after 2wks of ripping what's left of my hair out.

    My short story, I've pinned it down to rx 2xx series cards for me two towers and two failures used 15.7.1/15.9.1/15.10 cleaned installed, safe mode cleaning out old drivers, the HD6xxx cards still work perfectly in win 10 on 3 different towers using whatever drivers even 15.9.1. For the r7 265 I just disable/enable in device manager I concede.
    I created a small program that makes it more convenient and quicker to do the disable/enable of the device and recover the audio. Check post #6 of this thread:
    No Audio via HDMI after monitor wakes from sleep - AMD Radeon HD 7800 - Windows 10 Forums
      My Computer


  10. Ben
    Posts : 4
    Windows 10
       #20

    Wow, I think they fixed it in a recent Windows 10 or AMD update. It's been a few days I haven't got this issue.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:51.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums