UI issues on many applications

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

  1. Posts : 346
    Windows 10 21H1 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #11

    Caledon Ken said:
    Could you please share what resolution you are using.

    At 100% icons shouldn't go large.

    Also check that your desktop view for icons is set to small. Right click clear area on desktop, click view, then size you want.


    At 100% with the highest resolution supported by your driver the picture should be decent. Decent can be subjective term but if every thing is set default and you are still having issue I would be looking at drivers and or hardware.
    Resolution: UI issues on many applications-2019-10-24_200304.png

    At 100% icons shouldn't go large: Yes it goes to large even taskbar goes large.

    Also check that your desktop view for icons is set to small. Right click clear area on desktop, click view, then size you want:

    Did that many times but not worked.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 27,660
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 21H1
       #12

    Thanks.

    Now if you click link to turn off Custom Scaling, so it goes back to 100%, it still looks bad. Could you post a screen shoy with any personal information removed.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 346
    Windows 10 21H1 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #13

    Caledon Ken said:
    Thanks.

    Now if you click link to turn off Custom Scaling, so it goes back to 100%, it still looks bad. Could you post a screen shoy with any personal information removed.
    With which personal information ?

    Edit: Fixed the UI issue but the problem now is small font.

    UI issues on many applications-2019-10-26_230203.png
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails UI issues on many applications-2019-10-26_230221.png  
    Last edited by jk22; 02 Nov 2019 at 09:01.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 27,660
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 21H1
       #14

    Try reducing resolution.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 27,210
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       #15

    jk22, Adjust the font size in Settings /Ease of access - this won't mess up with graphic elements, just font

    UI issues on many applications-image.png
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 346
    Windows 10 21H1 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #16

    Caledon Ken said:
    Try reducing resolution.
    To which resolution ? 1366 x 768 ? But its pointless if I have option for Full HD and I wont use it ?
    AndreTen said:
    jk22, Adjust the font size in Settings /Ease of access - this won't mess up with graphic elements, just font

    UI issues on many applications-image.png
    Yes I know that option but I want all things work like default and no need to do any custom settings.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 2,316
    Windows 10
       #17

    Your File Explorer looks normal, seems you are on an older version of Windows 10 judging by the icons which have recently changed a bit.

    Try small increments in the scaling like 100% > 125%.

    I have used Laptops with small screens and 1920 x 1080 and the 125% scaling is about right.

    Fonts in some applications can get small and thin and don't always respond to Windows changes.

    You can also go to Settings > Personalisation > Fonts > Adjust ClearType text > On > and go through the text sample procedures.

    When buying one I actually got 1366 x 768 resolution against the fashion trend for high dpi screens.

    If you use older applications these were not designed with high dpi screens in mind, this is true of parts of Windows as well.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 346
    Windows 10 21H1 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #18

    Helmut said:
    Your File Explorer looks normal, seems you are on an older version of Windows 10 judging by the icons which have recently changed a bit.

    Try small increments in the scaling like 100% > 125%.

    I have used Laptops with small screens and 1920 x 1080 and the 125% scaling is about right.

    Fonts in some applications can get small and thin and don't always respond to Windows changes.

    You can also go to Settings > Personalisation > Fonts > Adjust ClearType text > On > and go through the text sample procedures.

    When buying one I actually got 1366 x 768 resolution against the fashion trend for high dpi screens.

    If you use older applications these were not designed with high dpi screens in mind, this is true of parts of Windows as well.
    Windows 10 version: UI issues on many applications-ss-2019-10-28-01.02.50-.png

    Try small increments in the scaling like 100% > 125% : I have done that and than icons is back to normal but the same UI issues.
    Last edited by jk22; 28 Oct 2019 at 03:43.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 346
    Windows 10 21H1 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #19

    Still no reply ?
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 2,316
    Windows 10
       #20

    Your options have all been covered with all the answers together.

    With a small Laptop screen like that there are always going to be problems from Application to Application, and for people with not so good eyesight.

    The only other option is an external Monitor of a larger size.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:22.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums