Problem With Laptop LED Screen


  1. Posts : 10
    Windows 10
       #1

    Problem With Laptop LED Screen


    I have an issue with my Toshiba L50b LED screen. When I boot Windows 10 the display is very dim if the battery is attached. That is the case with or without the AC adaptor. If I power up with the AC adaptor on its own the display is fine. I have tried changing the power settings in Windows 10 and have tried updating/deleting and reinstalling the display drivers. I have also tried it with a different Toshiba battery. Anyone experienced this before?
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 25,385
    10 Home x64 (21H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #2

    candec said:
    I have an issue with my Toshiba L50b LED screen. When I boot Windows 10 the display is very dim if the battery is attached. That is the case with or without the AC adaptor...
    Welcome to TenForums.

    While the display is dim, click the Action Centre icon in the Taskbar and click the display brightness tile to cycle through the options. From your description it is likely to be on 0% currently. You may have to set this for both conditions: battery attached, with or without the AC adaptor. Once set (I use 75% on my Toshiba laptop) it should remain at that brightness next time you start up under the same conditions.


    Problem With Laptop LED Screen-image.png


    If you do not have the Brightness quick action tile in Action Centre, then you may have to add it.

    Add or Remove Quick Actions in Action Center in Windows 10 | Tutorials
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 10
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Bree said:
    Welcome to TenForums.

    While the display is dim, click the Action Centre icon in the Taskbar and click the display brightness tile to cycle through the options. From your description it is likely to be on 0% currently. You may have to set this for both conditions: battery attached, with or without the AC adaptor. Once set (I use 75% on my Toshiba laptop) it should remain at that brightness next time you start up under the same conditions.


    Problem With Laptop LED Screen-image.png


    If you do not have the Brightness quick action tile in Action Centre, then you may have to add it.

    Add or Remove Quick Actions in Action Center in Windows 10 | Tutorials
    Thank you very much for replying. I will definitely try that.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 10
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #4

    candec said:
    Thank you very much for replying. I will definitely try that.
    Sorry, the display is way too dim to change the setting. I tried unplugging and replugging the LED screen connector, but the
    same issue as before the display is only normal with the power lead only.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 40,004
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #5

    See if there is any impact running these Windows troubleshooters:

    Power
    Video
    There used to be a troubleshooter for hardware.
    If you can find a download source it may be useful to run.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 10
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #6

    Thank-you I will try that.
      My Computer



  7. Posts : 10
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #7

    Many thanks for the replies. I have finally got the display working with the battery attached.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 25,385
    10 Home x64 (21H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #8

    candec said:
    Many thanks for the replies. I have finally got the display working with the battery attached.

    Good news. Do you know what fixed it for you?

    Potentially a dying battery could have been one cause. How is your battery health? A Battery Report could help you check that.

    Generate Battery Usage Report in Windows 10 | Tutorials
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:54.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums