Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    04 Aug 2015 #1
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 9
    Windows 10

    All 3 monitors are black, did something wrong with NVidia GTX 770


    Need urgent help.
    Installation of windows 10 was no problem
    Wanted to configure surround over the 3 monitors for my flight simulation (FSX SE)
    Had the monitors on a resolution of 1920 x 1080 surround 5760 x 1080
    But the NVidia configurator (GTX 770) had windows of different seizes which I could not move and trying so all the screens went black. Switch off the power of the PC waited several minutes before switching it on again, but all black again.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    05 Aug 2015 #2
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Wales
    Posts : 170
    Win 10 Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by Bert Galjaard View Post
    Need urgent help.
    Installation of windows 10 was no problem
    Wanted to configure surround over the 3 monitors for my flight simulation (FSX SE)
    Had the monitors on a resolution of 1920 x 1080 surround 5760 x 1080
    But the NVidia configurator (GTX 770) had windows of different seizes which I could not move and trying so all the screens went black. Switch off the power of the PC waited several minutes before switching it on again, but all black again.
    Hi

    If you boot the PC and then press and hold the power button to shut down. Do you get the option to go into safe mode with networking when you then boot? If so you should be able to access your display setup on your primary monitor.

    Regards
    UKMedia
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    05 Aug 2015 #3

    Hi there

    I've 100% Given up on ANYTHING to do with Nvidia -- I know this doesn't answer your problem - but I was thinking of upgrading a Market (Stocks) trading system where I have 4 Monitors (and probably will get TWO more). I've swapped the graphics cards to something DECENT now -- no problems any more.

    Swap for Matrox -- you can't go wrong -- a little bit pricier but solves no end of hassle

    DisplayPort Graphics Card for Eight Monitors Matrox M9188

    (probably a bit overkill for you but the 2 extra monitors will be arriving this week -- can't wait to test it on 6 Monitors (will support up to 8 !!).

    (I did a quick test with 3 monitors on a W10 desktop system - Card works perfectly - so at the weekend when Markets are closed I'll upgrade my trading system to W10).

    Cheers

    jimbo
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    12 Aug 2015 #4
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 9
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMedia View Post
    Hi

    If you boot the PC and then press and hold the power button to shut down. Do you get the option to go into safe mode with networking when you then boot? If so you should be able to access your display setup on your primary monitor.

    Regards
    UKMedia
    Thank you for the answer. What do you mean by "boot the PC"? I have not made an bootable USB stick for Windows 10, I have one for Windows 8.1. The only thing I can do now is pressing the power button, but when I hold it the PC turns off.

    Regards
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    12 Aug 2015 #5
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 212
    10 (Free upgrade)

    What do you mean by "boot the PC"?
    That's fancy tech talk for turning the computer on! Are you impressed?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kick-computer.png 
Views:	111 
Size:	8.9 KB 
ID:	30727
    Don't actually boot your computer.
    I've seen this done but it's never ever worked as a fix for anything.

    When you turn on your computer (laptop/pc) you'll see a very quick screen that offers you options by using the F keys (at the top of your keyboard.)

    Hopefully there will be one that says 'Boot into safe mode.' (Maybe F8 maybe it's F2?)

    If this is an option (and you are quick enough to press the key before Windows takes over) you'll be given further options like 'Safe mode with networking.'

    Choose that one.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    12 Aug 2015 #6
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Wales
    Posts : 170
    Win 10 Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by Bert Galjaard View Post
    Thank you for the answer. What do you mean by "boot the PC"? I have not made an bootable USB stick for Windows 10, I have one for Windows 8.1. The only thing I can do now is pressing the power button, but when I hold it the PC turns off.

    Regards

    Sorry, I wasn't clear. When the PC is on, if you force a shut down but pressing and holding the Power button, Windows should register that as an abnormal shut down and display a menu when you next power on the PC.

    On this menu, you should be able to select Safe mode with Networking and reset your graphics settings.

    Let me know how you get on.

    Regards
    UKMedia
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    12 Aug 2015 #7
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 212
    10 (Free upgrade)

    I've 100% Given up on ANYTHING to do with Nvidia...
    I feel your pain, Jimbo.
    I run three monitors from my desk at school and despite supposedly having hardware that does the job, NVidia is always problematic when it comes to setting up for more than one display.
    And God forbid if you want to take your computer home for the long holiday and do some work...
    It's a trial by patience to get it all working with other monitors.
    It's like it knows what you want to do but is hiding behind a diode somewhere smirking!
    And don't get me started on setting up a projector or Miracast...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	download.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	3.5 KB 
ID:	30732
    "Are you having a laugh?"
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    12 Aug 2015 #8
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Wales
    Posts : 170
    Win 10 Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by teachermark View Post
    That's fancy tech talk for turning the computer on! Are you impressed?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kick-computer.png 
Views:	111 
Size:	8.9 KB 
ID:	30727
    Don't actually boot your computer.
    I've seen this done but it's never ever worked as a fix for anything.

    When you turn on your computer (laptop/pc) you'll see a very quick screen that offers you options by using the F keys (at the top of your keyboard.)

    Hopefully there will be one that says 'Boot into safe mode.' (Maybe F8 maybe it's F2?)

    If this is an option (and you are quick enough to press the key before Windows takes over) you'll be given further options like 'Safe mode with networking.'

    Choose that one.
    My understanding is that there is no option to use F7 or F8 in Windows 10 to boot in Safe mode.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    12 Aug 2015 #9
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 212
    10 (Free upgrade)

    My understanding is that there is no option to use F7 or F8 in Windows 10 to boot in Safe mode...
    This will help...

    http://www.7tutorials.com/4-ways-boot-safe-mode-windows-10
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    12 Aug 2015 #10
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Wales
    Posts : 170
    Win 10 Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by teachermark View Post
    But very difficult to do when all your screens are blank!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Nvidia geforce experience & nvidia control panel not working.
So I just updated to windows 10. and first thing i go to do is turn up my saturation, nvidia control panel doesnt work, i go to my device manager looks like my graphics card isnt even installed, i install it and restart pc, nvidia control panel...
Graphic Cards
Nvidia Go 6150 (now black screen using Windows 7 driver)
Hello Folks, I've set up Windows 10 (64-bit) on an elderly HP tablet PC (tx1410us). Most of the drivers worked out of the box, I just had too look for the chipset drivers (nforce) and the driver for the Nvidia Go 6150 display adapter. This was...
Graphic Cards
What's wrong with the Windows 10 ADK?
Since my update to the final Windows 10 version the previously installed Windows 10 ADK is now showing all the files as 0 bytes in size. I deleted them as they are worthless now. Re-Downloaded the Windows 10 ADK setup.exe but will not install....
Software and Apps
Two monitors not functioning?
I have been trying to solve a resolution issue - another issue... for two days. Anyway I selected 1920 x 1080 29Hz interlaced in CCC by accident, I thought it'd revert and it didn't. I can get on the pc using HDMI however whenever I plug a VGA...
Drivers and Hardware
Solved Nvidia, Span Multiple Monitors, "Store" problem
If you are running multiple monitors with Nvidia cards, you can span multiple monitors. In order to do that you need to use the Nvidia Control Panel. When you select a change in the Nvidia Control Panel, it will check to see if any utility is...
Graphic Cards
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:00.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums