Windows 10 1803 HDR problem

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 22
    Windows 10
       #1

    Windows 10 1803 HDR problem


    Hi guys I recently upgraded to 1803 and I'm having issues with the colour and bit depth when I turn on HDR.

    I have a LG b7 10 bit TV and a Geforce 1070 and when I used to turn on HDR or play an HDR game (before the update) Windows correctly set the display to YCbCr 422 10 bit.

    Now after the update when HDR is enabled it switches to RBG and 8 bit with dithering in settings>system>display>advanced display settings which is wrong.

    Is there any way I can change this somewhere in Windows so it correctly sets it as YCbCr 10 bit?

    I know I can set it manually in the Nvidia control panel but that has to be on "use default colour settings" so it switches back to RBG full automatically for non-HDR games.
      My Computer

  2. Masterchiefxx17's Avatar
    Posts : 502
    Windows 10 Professional 64bit
       #2

    Because you just upgraded and the problem happened now, I want to rule out the display driver problem. Perform a clean install of it and see if that resolves it:

    How to clean your system from all display drivers - Qwerty Articles
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 22
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Masterchiefxx17 said:
    Because you just upgraded and the problem happened now, I want to rule out the display driver problem. Perform a clean install of it and see if that resolves it:

    How to clean your system from all display drivers - Qwerty Articles
    Thanks for the reply bud.
    I ran DDU and did a fresh install of the Nvidia drivers as you suggested and still have the same issue unfortunately.
      My Computer

  4. Masterchiefxx17's Avatar
    Posts : 502
    Windows 10 Professional 64bit
       #4

    I would assume it all worked before the update.

    Is the TV running the latest firmware? LG OLED65B7P Support: Manuals, Warranty & More | LG U.S.A
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 22
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Masterchiefxx17 said:
    I would assume it all worked before the update.

    Is the TV running the latest firmware? LG OLED65B7P Support: Manuals, Warranty & More | LG U.S.A
    I have the latest firmware yeah.

    This has only happened since I updated windows it was working fine before. I can select YCbCr 422 10 bit maunually and it works fine as does 444 8 bit when i set the TV to PC mode.
      My Computer

  6. Masterchiefxx17's Avatar
    Posts : 502
    Windows 10 Professional 64bit
       #6

    So, I am not entirely sure on what may be causing the issue, but my assumption is that whatever was supported on 1709 is not supported on 1803. You could see about reverting back to 1709 to see if it begins to work again or wait to see if either Nvidia or LG update their support for HDR on 1803.
      My Computer



  7. Posts : 1
    Windows 10
       #7

    Baggi0 said:
    Hi guys I recently upgraded to 1803 and I'm having issues with the colour and bit depth when I turn on HDR.

    I have a LG b7 10 bit TV and a Geforce 1070 and when I used to turn on HDR or play an HDR game (before the update) Windows correctly set the display to YCbCr 422 10 bit.

    Now after the update when HDR is enabled it switches to RBG and 8 bit with dithering in settings>system>display>advanced display settings which is wrong.

    Is there any way I can change this somewhere in Windows so it correctly sets it as YCbCr 10 bit?
    I'm having the same issue as you except my TV is the Sony X900E. Windows 10 only shows 8bit RGB with dithering with the 1803 update whereas before (under what would've been Windows 10 version 1709) it was showing as 10bit YCbCr 422. The Nvidia Control panel won't let me select anything beyond 8bit either whereas in 1709 I could choose 10bit.

    Playing HDR content such as on the Netflix Windows 10 app doesn't change the bit depth in advanced display settings either. So now I'm wondering whether I'm just getting faux-HDR (8bit FRC) instead of the full 10-bit HDR output that my panel is actually capable of whenever I playback HDR content on my PC?

    Speaking to people on forums they show me screenshots of their advanced display settings in Windows and it says 10bit YCbCr 422 for them so not sure what I'm doing wrong.

    Did you find a solution?
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 22
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #8

    merajaan said:
    I'm having the same issue as you except my TV is the Sony X900E. Windows 10 only shows 8bit RGB with dithering with the 1803 update whereas before (under what would've been Windows 10 version 1709) it was showing as 10bit YCbCr 422. The Nvidia Control panel won't let me select anything beyond 8bit either whereas in 1709 I could choose 10bit.

    Playing HDR content such as on the Netflix Windows 10 app doesn't change the bit depth in advanced display settings either. So now I'm wondering whether I'm just getting faux-HDR (8bit FRC) instead of the full 10-bit HDR output that my panel is actually capable of whenever I playback HDR content on my PC?

    Speaking to people on forums they show me screenshots of their advanced display settings in Windows and it says 10bit YCbCr 422 for them so not sure what I'm doing wrong.

    Did you find a solution?
    I didn't find a solution no. I could do what Masterchiefxx17 said and revert back to 1709 but I don't want to cause more issues so I'm just going to have to hold out and wait to see if any windows updates fix it.

    I also had people post pictures of their settings with the same TV as me and theirs showed 442 10 bit so I have no idea why mine isn't working.

    If you do figure it out let me know please.
      My Computer

  9. bobkn's Avatar
    Posts : 2,969
    Win 10 X64 Pro 2004 19041.208
       #9

    I have the latest nVidia drivers installed (398.82). I went to the nVidia control panel (not the Windows Display CP).

    On the "change resolution" screen, if I select "use nVidia color settings", there are settings for desktop color depth (32 bit), output color depth (8 or 10 bit), output color format (RGB, YCbCr422, YCbCr444), and output dynamic range (full, limited). 8 bit color depth and RGB seem to be the defaults. I'm using a Display Port interface on a U28D590D monitor, so I haven't experimented with the formats that I'd expect to be more relevant to HDMI.

    Does that help?
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 22
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #10

    bobkn said:
    I have the latest nVidia drivers installed (398.82). I went to the nVidia control panel (not the Windows Display CP).

    On the "change resolution" screen, if I select "use nVidia color settings", there are settings for desktop color depth (32 bit), output color depth (8 or 10 bit), output color format (RGB, YCbCr422, YCbCr444), and output dynamic range (full, limited). 8 bit color depth and RGB seem to be the defaults. I'm using a Display Port interface on a U28D590D monitor, so I haven't experimented with the formats that I'd expect to be more relevant to HDMI.

    Does that help?
    Thanks for the help mate.

    I can select what you said using "use nVidia color settings" it's when it's on "use default color settings" I have the issue.

    I can set it manually by using the nvida color settings but I'd rather have it be automatic as it was before so I don't need to change the settings
    back and forth every timemyself.


      My Computer


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:13.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums