1.    01 Aug 2015 #1
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 7
    Windows 10

    How to remove monitor's black borders after installing win 10


    After win10's installation my external monitor has black borders.


    This was happening also with win7 after installation. with catalyst control center [which I cannot open anymore in win 10 :-(...] I could easily fix the issue:


    - open Catalyst Control Center
    - go to My Digital Flat-Panels
    - choose Scaling Options
    - slide the slider all the way to the right (so that it is a 0%)


    So, this is a monitor scaling options (or border padding I think in windows) issue that I need to fix. I search everywhere but I cannot find any fix in win10.


    My apologies if this is not the right place where to post my question. If this is the case, or if the question is already answered, please let me know where should I go to find an answer.


    Thanks in advance!


    Gian
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    01 Aug 2015 #2
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Posts : 1,718
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview x64

    Are you using the latest 15.7.1 driver from AMD? Did you clean install the driver, or get it through Windows Update?

    I know there was an issue with CCC with one of the more recent AMD drivers.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    01 Aug 2015 #3
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 7
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by blackroseMD1 View Post
    Are you using the latest 15.7.1 driver from AMD? Did you clean install the driver, or get it through Windows Update?

    I know there was an issue with CCC with one of the more recent AMD drivers.
    I actually think that my graphic card is unsupported as I have an ATI Mobility Radeon HD4670. I downloaded the latest control center for here: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/mobile?os=Windows+10+-+64 but it doesn't seem to work.

    If I try to start the old CCC, which I managed to reinstall going to C:\AMD, I get the message "Catalyst Pro Control Center cannot be started"

    My monitor OSD auto adjust is greyed.

    This is so annoying. I'm getting really frustrated :-). I lost 10% of my screen. Is that possible that there's no way to adjust/scale monitor borders in win 10. It was a known issue in previous version as well with an easy fix.

    Thanks for your help.

    Gian
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    03 Aug 2015 #4
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 42
    Windows 10 Pro

    I had exactly the same problem after upgrading from WIN7 Pro to WIN10 Pro. I have an ATI Radeon 4600 Series and using HDMI to HDMI cable.

    For the time being I have reverted back to WIN 7 but if anyone has a solution it would be appreciated.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    04 Aug 2015 #5
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 7
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
    Last edited by GCF; 04 Aug 2015 at 05:15.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    04 Aug 2015 #6
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 42
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by GCF View Post
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/....?page=1&auth=1

    This should help although I still have to try it. for now I'm on VGA and works fine.

    It actually starts here
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/....1-45a540f5e8c6

    and here

    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/....b-e2686ebea343

    Kudos to those who came up with this fix.

    Gian
    Regret the links above do not seem to work. Do you have to be signed in to a Microsoft forum for them to work. They are coming back as page not found.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    04 Aug 2015 #7
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 7
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by AjayK47 View Post
    Regret the links above do not seem to work. Do you have to be signed in to a Microsoft forum for them to work. They are coming back as page not found.
    Try to copy/paste. for some reason clicking the link leads to a page not found.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    04 Aug 2015 #8
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 42
    Windows 10 Pro

    Tried copy and paste also typing address manually. Also tried a different browser but regret still Page not Found.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    10 Oct 2015 #9
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 2
    Windows 10

    Fix for Dell Inspiron 2305 After Upgrading to Windows 10


    Check out https://community.amd.com/thread/184967. This resolved my issue with my Dell Inspiron 2305 running an AMD Mobility Radeon HD 4200 graphics after upgrading to Windows 10. This looks like it will work for Windows 8 and 8.1 as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by GCF View Post
    After win10's installation my external monitor has black borders.


    This was happening also with win7 after installation. with catalyst control center [which I cannot open anymore in win 10 :-(...] I could easily fix the issue:


    - open Catalyst Control Center
    - go to My Digital Flat-Panels
    - choose Scaling Options
    - slide the slider all the way to the right (so that it is a 0%)


    So, this is a monitor scaling options (or border padding I think in windows) issue that I need to fix. I search everywhere but I cannot find any fix in win10.


    My apologies if this is not the right place where to post my question. If this is the case, or if the question is already answered, please let me know where should I go to find an answer.


    Thanks in advance!


    Gian
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    10 Oct 2015 #10
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 2
    Windows 10

    Check out https://community.amd.com/thread/184967. This resolved my issue with my Dell Inspiron 2305 running an AMD Mobility Radeon HD 4200 graphics after upgrading to Windows 10. This looks like it will work for Windows 8 and 8.1 as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by GCF View Post
    I actually think that my graphic card is unsupported as I have an ATI Mobility Radeon HD4670. I downloaded the latest control center for here: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/mobile?os=Windows+10+-+64 but it doesn't seem to work.

    If I try to start the old CCC, which I managed to reinstall going to C:\AMD, I get the message "Catalyst Pro Control Center cannot be started"

    My monitor OSD auto adjust is greyed.

    This is so annoying. I'm getting really frustrated :-). I lost 10% of my screen. Is that possible that there's no way to adjust/scale monitor borders in win 10. It was a known issue in previous version as well with an easy fix.

    Thanks for your help.

    Gian
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Alienware x51 Black screen with cursor while installing Windows 10
When installing windows 10 my computer restarted and it's now a black screen with a cursor. I'm not sure what to do I tried doing things like pressing Ctrl+alt+delete but it doesn't do anything, And if I can is it possible to revert back to windows...
General Support
How to remove monitor's black borders after installing win 10
After win10's installation my external monitor has black borders. This was happening also with win7 after installation. with catalyst control center I could easily fix the issue: - open Catalyst Control Center - go to My Digital Flat-Panels...
General Support
WIN 10 installing and monitor went rainbow spaz
Fortunately, I waited until after my business closed to install Win 10 on my PC. I have an Intel HD Graphics 4400 card. When the installation was right around 75%, one of my dual monitors started a rainbow strobe light. I rebooted, same thing. How...
Installation and Upgrade
Solved Second monitor showing black screen (10122)
Hi all, Yesterday I turned my computer off and everything was fine. Today in the morning when I turned it on, my second monitor didn't display anything. I restarted the computer and nothing; I switched the cables positions and then the one that...
Drivers and Hardware
Solved After installing windows 10 10046 it black screens
Ayer waiting 4 hours for windows 10 to 'set up' it black screens i waited another 1 hour then shut down and start it back up again, it goes through the installation recovery repair then black screens
Installation and Upgrade
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:08.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums