Is my graphic card screwed up?

  1.    27 Mar 2018 #1

    Is my graphic card screwed up?


    hello
    My PC boots into black screen after windows update asked for restart
    after trying thing that Iknow like updating drivers, clearing the CMOS starting in safe mode...
    while in the box i noticed the fans on the graphic card start when i power up the systen and stop after a minute, i plugged the monitor into the DP comes out of the mobo and the pc start but in huge resolution, i just feel Microsoft has screwed up my graphig card
    Is my graphic card gone? any idea how to fix this?
    mobo asus z170 pro gaming
    graphic card MSI nvidi GTX 970
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    27 Mar 2018 #2

    Hi.
    I would grab the latest driver for your MSI card and save it to your desktop.
    Then use DDU to uninstall the graphics driver(s) on your system.
    download ddu

    This will require you going into safe mode for the removal.
    Once complete, install your latest driver for your card.
    Note: DDU will also stop Windows Update from installing graphics drivers, so this shouldn't happen in the future.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    28 Mar 2018 #3

    Thanks for the reply... I have done more than what you’ve suggested to no vail
    I have backed up my file and reset the windows, and still GPU is not working in a fresh copy of windows, not even detected in device manager.
    I installed it in a different system and was recognized so now is it broken? is that the end of the road?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    28 Mar 2018 #4

    Bios settings on for dedicated GPU? Advanced > Graphics Configuration > Primary Display > Pcie
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    28 Mar 2018 #5

    gremar said: View Post
    Thanks for the reply... I have done more than what you’ve suggested to no vail
    I have backed up my file and reset the windows, and still GPU is not working in a fresh copy of windows, not even detected in device manager.
    I installed it in a different system and was recognized so now is it broken? is that the end of the road?
    No, not if it's detected and working properly in another system.
    clam1952 said: View Post
    Bios settings on for dedicated GPU? Advanced > Graphics Configuration > Primary Display > Pcie
    Clam has a point - it's either your BIOS settings, or your power cable, or your MB slot.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    28 Mar 2018 #6

    Sorry I wanted to say it is NOT recognised in the other system, therefore I think it is broken. I have set in the BIOS the PCIe as the primary for graphic card. Guys, do you think this one is finished or can I do something else to check?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    28 Mar 2018 #7

    gremar said: View Post
    Sorry I wanted to say it is NOT recognised in the other system, therefore I think it is broken. I have set in the BIOS the PCIe as the primary for graphic card. Guys, do you think this one is finished or can I do something else to check?
    Oh, it's NOT recognized in another system - okay, that's not looking good. If it's still under warranty, I would contact the mfg. for additional troubleshooting steps and possible RMA.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    12 Apr 2018 #8

    simrick said: View Post
    Oh, it's NOT recognized in another system - okay, that's not looking good. If it's still under warranty, I would contact the mfg. for additional troubleshooting steps and possible RMA.
    It sounds like your graphics card is probably ok, but if you have access to a Linux or Ubuntu Live DVD or thumb drive or could create one somehow, you could try booting from one of those and see if you have video to make sure it's not your motherboard or pci slot, I would say you will have video. It's most likely a Windows problem.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    12 Apr 2018 #9

    mfmathis75 said: View Post
    It sounds like your graphics card is probably ok, but if you have access to a Linux or Ubuntu Live DVD or thumb drive or could create one somehow, you could try booting from one of those and see if you have video to make sure it's not your motherboard or pci slot, I would say you will have video. It's most likely a Windows problem.
    Sorry, I misread you post, I thought you said it WAS recognized in another system.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    15 Apr 2018 #10

    Cold start your pc and then when the log-in screen shows,select Restart.Once the Restart has finished,check Device manager and see if your card is now recognised.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
My PSU is 450W and want to run a Radeon HD 6850 thus, upgrading from a Radeon HD 6670. Do I have enough juice on my unit to run it?
Solved Second Graphic Card. in Graphic Cards
Hi, Want to add a second graphic card but don´t know which would be better in a similar range. These are my current specs: CPU:Intel Core i7-5930K 3.5GhzMotherboard:Asus X99 Pro/USB 3.1 Memory:32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX - DDR4-2133...
Which graphic card.... in Graphic Cards
Which graphic card should i buy for best performance about gamess.......?? about 40-50 euro or lower... Thanks a lot...:) and gj:chuckle:
Graphic card??? in Graphic Cards
How can you find out which Graphic card is installed? mine is listed as Intel HD Graphics.
Windows 10 can't detect my graphic card, and the only details I remember about it is that it's a NVIDIA GeForce card between the years 2005-2007. I already tried NVIDIA Auto-detection tool (GeForce Experience) and it couldn't detect it, tried...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:26.
Find Us