Windows 10: How to get rid of the line under the taskbar icons ?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1.    10 Aug 2015 #31

    dencal -- You should have looked at it a third time. He is asking how to get rid of the line not our opinions about it. Of course, I made the same mistake since I gave an opinion myself rather than an answer.

    I can only hope that this question will eventually be answered by Microsoft when they give us some options about how to represent running programs (pinned or not).
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 8,295
    Windows 10 Professional
       10 Aug 2015 #32

    It's a feature that needs to be there for 'Virtual Desktops' in conjunction with these settings:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000029.png 
Views:	378 
Size:	7.5 KB 
ID:	30200
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 1,964
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview
       10 Aug 2015 #33

    Rollerdog said: View Post
    dencal -- You should have looked at it a third time. He is asking how to get rid of the line not our opinions about it. Of course, I made the same mistake since I gave an opinion myself rather than an answer.

    I can only hope that this question will eventually be answered by Microsoft when they give us some options about how to represent running programs (pinned or not).
    My prior post was based not only was the original thread question, but some of the follow up comments bordered
    on sheer paranoia. remember this is just a very small underline.

    I quote:- Jarring, Hate, Irritatingly, ridiculous, Out of place, I want black not purple yuck, need I say more?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    10 Aug 2015 #34

    You could, of course, just use the controls on your monitor to hide the lines.

    Before... (Monitor normal)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11.PNG 
Views:	22 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	30223

    After... (Monitor tweaked slightly)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	30224

    Anything's possible if you really have a good think about it!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 3,198
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, Win7 Home, Linux Mint
       10 Aug 2015 #35

    No comment as to right or wrong but has anyone noticed that Apple's Mac OS X has a similar type of marking effect on their Dock when a program is still active? It's been there through several versions of the OS. Kinda makes one think Windows has other things that bear a bit of resemblance to OS X.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 8,295
    Windows 10 Professional
       10 Aug 2015 #36

    I suspect this thread's gonna get cleaned up any minute now!
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    10 Aug 2015 #37

    Edwin said: View Post
    I suspect this thread's gonna get cleaned up any minute now!

      My ComputersSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 7,882
    Windows 10
       10 Aug 2015 #38

    Edwin said: View Post
    I suspect this thread's gonna get cleaned up any minute now!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    20 Sep 2015 #39

    so the answer to the original question is .... ????
    All he asked is can it be removed, he didnt need the reason's why its there, or what its for.
    Perhaps if 'Teachermark' explained his solution in more detail then perhaps we could all share his knowledge, and solve this issue.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    20 Sep 2015 #40

    bluemoon4ever said: View Post
    so the answer to the original question is .... ????
    All he asked is can it be removed, he didnt need the reason's why its there, or what its for.
    Perhaps if 'Teachermark' explained his solution in more detail then perhaps we could all share his knowledge, and solve this issue.
    Answer,, there is no way to get rid of that feature. Well, that I'm aware of.

    HTH and welcome to the forums.

    Jeff
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Related Threads
I have a high resolution screen, so the taskbar seems disproportionately small by default/ In prior versions of Windows I would just increase the taskbar height and icons would adjust in size accordingly, but not so with Windows 10. How can I resize...
I am using Windows 10240 and I have the latest iTunes 12.2.1 installed. I have it pinned to my taskbar but when I open it it creates a second icon for iTunes on the taskbar. I have tried unpinning and repinning both icons several times but that...
Does anyone know how to customise the behaviour of icons so they always show in the taskbar? 16206
Before: 7959 After: 7960 Remove Search Icon from Windows 10 Taskbar: 1. Type regedit in RUN or Start search box and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor. 2. Now go to following key: ...
I get that they feel the need to put new stuff in... but this just annoys the crap right outta me. I'm opening programs, and no freakin icon is appearing in my task bar. Please oh please tell me there's a way to eliminate this latest...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:49.
Find Us