Windows 10: How do I change the monitor in which my notifications pop up on?

  1.    12 Nov 2017 #1

    How do I change the monitor in which my notifications pop up on?


    I'm running Windows 10 and I have two monitors, whenever I get a notification from either an application or from a website like Facebook, it appears on my primary monitor. I would like to know if I can make the notifications appear on my second monitor without changing my second monitor to become my primary monitor. Changing my second monitor to become my primary one is out of the question.

    Thanks for the help!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    12 Nov 2017 #2

    Chickenkickflip said: View Post
    I'm running Windows 10 and I have two monitors, whenever I get a notification from either an application or from a website like Facebook, it appears on my primary monitor. I would like to know if I can make the notifications appear on my second monitor without changing my second monitor to become my primary monitor. Changing my second monitor to become my primary one is out of the question.

    Thanks for the help!
    Hello @Chickenkickflip , welcome to tenforums! :)

    Right click on your Taskbar and click on Taskbar Settings;
    under Multiple displays turn Off 'Show taskbar on all displays';
    right click on the primary Taskbar again and unlock it, drag the Taskbar to your secondary monitor, lock Taskbars;
    go back to Settings and turn 'Show taskbar on all displays' back on.

    EDIT:
    One tiny drawback: The full Taskbar right click options will only be available on the moved Taskbar, (your secondary monitor).

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000253.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	163557
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    12 Nov 2017 #3

    Edwin said: View Post
    Hello @Chickenkickflip , welcome to tenforums! :)

    Right click on your Taskbar and click on Taskbar Settings;
    under Multiple displays turn Off 'Show taskbar on all displays';
    right click on the primary Taskbar again and unlock it, drag the Taskbar to your secondary monitor, lock Taskbars;
    go back to Settings and turn 'Show taskbar on all displays' back on.
    I tried this and the notifications still pop up on my primary monitor. Is there any other way?

    Nonetheless thank you
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    12 Nov 2017 #4

    Chickenkickflip said: View Post
    I tried this and the notifications still pop up on my primary monitor. Is there any other way?

    Nonetheless thank you
    I just noticed that here too!

    It's an old trick from Windows 8 that I'd forgotten about, so, glad you asked! :)

    However, the Action Center icon is over on the secondary monitor but the Action Center (WinKey+A) itself still opens on the primary monitor! Sorry bout that!

    Windows Projection (WinKey+P) opens on the secondary monitor, but not Action Center!!! Go figure!

    Again, my apologies for leading you astray!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    12 Nov 2017 #5

    Edwin said: View Post
    I just noticed that here too!

    It's an old trick from Windows 8 that I'd forgotten about, so, glad you asked! :)

    However, the Action Center icon is over on the secondary monitor but the Action Center (WinKey+A) itself still opens on the primary monitor! Sorry bout that!

    Windows Projection (WinKey+P) opens on the secondary monitor, but not Action Center!!! Go figure!

    Again, my apologies for leading you astray!
    No Worries Friend, I appreciate the help nonetheless, have a nice night!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    12 Nov 2017 #6

    Chickenkickflip said: View Post
    No Worries Friend, I appreciate the help nonetheless, have a nice night!
    Thanks mate!

    The only other thing I can suggest is to do the reverse of the above; make the secondary monitor the main display but drag the primary Taskbar over to the first display, unless that's still out of the question.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    23 Jun 2018 #7

    i apologize for the minor necro but this is the most relevant post i found regarding the issue.

    I needed my tray on my accessory display and setting my primary monitor and then flipping the taskbar from one to the accessory largely solved that inconvenience.

    I can now game or do whathaveyou on my primary display, while still having access to my tray. I can even use "ruN" which used to still pop up on the primary, but now pops up on the proper display.

    Unfortunately notifications is the big hang-up.

    The focus feature thing is nice so you wont be getting booted from games, however you also wont be getting notifcations period.

    Has anyone figured a work around for this yet?

    While we're at it, any way for cortana NOT to kick you out of a full screen game? Ugh, it starts on the un-used display yet still boots you out of the fullscreen game.

    grrrrwiiiindoooooows10...
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
If you ask me, the huge bulky notifications in Windows 10 look awful. It'd be great if I could make them semi-transparent or sync them to something like Snarl to change the design altogether. Is that possible at all? 111999
You can change the notifications in the Settings menu but all the toggles are greyed out. I am pretty sure i could change them before the anniversary 10 update.
hi My windows 10 Build 10240 i want change position Toast Notifications Windows from Bottom to Top. http://fud.community.services.support.microsoft.com/Fud/FileDownloadHandler.ashx?fid=318b98a2-745f-4431-8c4e-291db4c93f71 Please...
Hello, I use my primary monitor for full screen activity, my secondary monitor has the taskbar and other stuff on it. I would like to move the notifications to the right bottom of my secondary monitor, now the appear on the primary monitor but I...
I hate the toast notification popup in the lower right corner of the screen. That is the area it seems that I always need to click when in forums etc. and it's always in the way when I have something open that receives a lot of them. Is there...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:16.
Find Us